Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by D582
Ohhhh... Now that I read what I wrote I see the confusion. There is one new UC with the blue glass as you describe. I was mentioning that this club opened as well as the new gate areas for gates 70-71AB. Not another club in that area. So this new one, the club in the F pier near the food court and the one in International G make a total of 3 clubs.
But there's no new ground floor UC.

The "new" one (which has been there for at least a year) requires a trip up an elevator.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow

The "new" one (which has been there for at least a year) requires a trip up an elevator.
Someone hasn't been at T3e recently
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maradori
Someone hasn't been at T3e recently
Well then I go back to my original statement. If there's a new ground floor UC, then there are 3 in terminal 3.

So are there 2, or 3?

Because there's absolutely the old one after the long people mover, and the "newer" one that's up an elevator and has no windows.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:39 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Well then I go back to my original statement. If there's a new ground floor UC, then there are 3 in terminal 3.

So are there 2, or 3?

Because there's absolutely the old one after the long people mover, and the "newer" one that's up an elevator and has no windows.
Check out this thread, it provides all the detail for the three UC clubs at SFO. A big complaint about the new club is its too small and crowded. It replaced the temporary club that had been in place since the "E" gates reopened a couple years ago.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS

The one up the elevator is gone. Replaced by new one near the Gate 60-69 pier. This opened along with redesigned gate area for 70-71AB
Old May 8, 2017, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

So it appears AC is now actively trying to secure some space in G for an MLL.

The interesting thing is that it's been suggested it would take the place of the current United Global First Lounge, which I was under the impression was definitely turning into a United Club.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:31 pm

So it appears AC is now actively trying to secure some space in G for an MLL.

The interesting thing is that it's been suggested it would take the place of the current United Global First Lounge, which I was under the impression was definitely turning into a United Club.
I'm just wondering where it will go? The current United Club in G (+ SQ and BR lounges) is becoming a Polaris lounge, and the last plan I heard is the GFL space + space across the hall that's currently a meeting space will be come United Club locations.

(Although as AC J out of SFO you will be able to use the Polaris lounge)
Old May 8, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

I'm just wondering where it will go? The current United Club in G (+ SQ and BR lounges) is becoming a Polaris lounge, and the last plan I heard is the GFL space + space across the hall that's currently a meeting space will be come United Club locations.

You and I have heard the same things.

All I was told was that it would take the space of the GFL.

But AC has not yet secured the space - they're just trying to.
Old May 12, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I thought that Canada didn't qualify anymore for international J for Polaris lounges?
Old May 12, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
I thought that Canada didn't qualify anymore for international J for Polaris lounges?
Flying UA, no. Flying AC (or other *A), yes. If you are AC J flying ORD-YYZ you can access (just did a few weeks ago). Would expect the same in SFO later this year.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Latest I've heard is that they're securing an elevator permit for the SFO MLL.

2019 opening looks reasonable at this point.
D582 and canopus27 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:15 pm

Where are they putting it?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Where are they putting it?
Note that this gets very speculative based on rumors at this point, but:

One thing I heard was that the T3 main UC (in the rotunda with all the food places) was going to have a massive expansion, UA would close the international UC (which is, by far, the worst of the 4), and AC would take that space. But that seems like a stretch, and very long-term.

Another thing was that it would be roughly across from the international UC, which is an area that was originally speculated to be part of the new international UC, but AFAIK, has not opened as such. In that case, it would be a small main-level reception, an elevator, and the MLL would be below it.

But the only thing I know for certain is they're working on an elevator permit (obtaining, transferring, renewing... I don't know).
D582 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Note that this gets very speculative based on rumors at this point, but:

One thing I heard was that the T3 main UC (in the rotunda with all the food places) was going to have a massive expansion, UA would close the international UC (which is, by far, the worst of the 4), and AC would take that space. But that seems like a stretch, and very long-term.

Another thing was that it would be roughly across from the international UC, which is an area that was originally speculated to be part of the new international UC, but AFAIK, has not opened as such. In that case, it would be a small main-level reception, an elevator, and the MLL would be below it.

But the only thing I know for certain is they're working on an elevator permit (obtaining, transferring, renewing... I don't know).
Is that where the duty free is just after security ? Seems like they moved most of the duty free further down the aisle.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Air Canada opening Maple Leaf Lounge in SFO

I just learned from AC SFO staff that there is a new Maple Leaf lounge coming in 2020! I can't wait, unfortunately we are not allowed in Polaris lounge unless flying non-stop intercontinental J so the only option now is the united club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.