Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO: AC moved to T2 (May 2022), MLL now open (June 28, 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
1. Air Canada would gain gates 73-75 in terminal 3. This would take over all the flights currently in international A.
I wonder if this is more of a 'longer-term' plan as that area of T3 is supposed to be the next part to be renovated and would put those gates out of service for a while.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by D582
I wonder if this is more of a 'longer-term' plan as that area of T3 is supposed to be the next part to be renovated and would put those gates out of service for a while.
It's possible. No timeline was mentioned. But the staff have complained more than I have about having to work G and A, so it seems everyone wants it
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Good. That air France lounge was really crappy anyways.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
If they move all flights to T3 and the G gates, they may end up sending all luggage to the T3 arrivals area. That's what UA does for its domestic flights that arrive at the G gates. Kind of a long walk from the high G gates to T3 arrivals.

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; Dec 13, 2015 at 3:01 pm Reason: clarified that I meant domestic UA flight
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
If they move all flights to T3 and the G gates, they may end up sending all luggage to the T3 arrivals area. That's what UA does for its flights that arrive at the G gates. Kind of a long walk from the high G gates to T3 arrivals.
It would be a long walk but the room that the luggage belt is in right now is horrible. Only one small double door for both entrance and exit...
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by cooleddie
Good. That air France lounge was really crappy anyways.
Better food than any MLL I've seen. I prefer the AF lounge - unless the MLL would have ample showers.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sokolov
Better food than any MLL I've seen. I prefer the AF lounge - unless the MLL would have ample showers.
You and I are thinking of very different AF lounges of "food" is an amenity you'd mention
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
This is a big deal and a very good thing.

Sucks when you're connecting to/from AC and you have to deal with schlepping between A and 3. G isn't a big deal obviously since its all airside.

The 73-75 gates are perfect, close to the Amex lounge for those who have it, and close to the RCC for those who have *G/J. The split arrangement was terrible for AC and customers. As others have mentioned, the AF lounge was substandard as well, particularly when the 763 departs in the afternoon, its packed to the gills.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
about time - i started to avoid SFO if i had connection as i hated going through security twice
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by Absolute
As for the MLL, I can absolutely see it being swamped by UA members, but I haven't even stepped into a United Lounge (not even the brand new one) since they opened the Centurion
Which AC can only hope for.

The Centurion lounges also get pretty swamped too.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by maradori

Hopefully the new MLL will be near the Centurion lounge so I can gaze out the window and LOOOOOOOOOL silently to myself at all the miserable AC elites crowded out by the UA*Gs
Is this jealousy now that your advocacy for Altitude members to being squeezed has come finally come home to roost on squeezing those 'unprofitable, bottom feeding SE's? I hear they're serving just desserts in the non airline lounges now.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:45 am

It's possible. No timeline was mentioned. But the staff have complained more than I have about having to work G and A, so it seems everyone wants it
No doubt. I remember when the move from T3 to International was announced in early 2011 it was only supposed to be temporary until early 2013 at the latest. AC was never happy about the split gate arrangements but that's all they could get.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
If they move all flights to T3 and the G gates, they may end up sending all luggage to the T3 arrivals area. That's what UA does for its domestic flights that arrive at the G gates. Kind of a long walk from the high G gates to T3 arrivals.
UA does that because a) they already pay for using the reclaim belts in T3 and b) their domestic operations are all in T3. Think about how confusing it would be to make transportation arrangements when it would be possible that your flight could go to either terminal.

I think it is more likely for AC to use the reclaim belt in International G and direct pax from T3 to international.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
You and I are thinking of very different AF lounges of "food" is an amenity you'd mention
What, you don't like instant noodles?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by eigenvector
What, you don't like instant noodles?
The cucumber sandwich they serve in the AF lounge isn't very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.