Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Same here

CIBC is really on its game for Aeroplan CC (they've done it for so long) vs. TD Aeroplan CC (hard to apply online correctly for cashback, missing AP account #, took 3 statements to get my bonus...)
Agree if applying on line, but when done at the branch it seems the AP number is difficult to key in or something. First statement shows the points with a note indicating a missing AP account and nowhere to transfer these points. Talk with a rep did not produce an answer as to why the live assistant was not able to get the system to keep the number but assured the points will be transferred the next cycle.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: *void
As of the noon hour, Eastern time New Year's Day, I'm still seeing the CIBC Aerogold Visa for Business card with 25,000 Aeroplans and waived FYF, though the note at the bottom of the page says the promo expired Dec 31st, 2015.
https://www.cibc.com/ca/small-busine...d-for-bus.html

Wondering if they will extend this promo once more.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
As of the noon hour, Eastern time New Year's Day, I'm still seeing the CIBC Aerogold Visa for Business card with 25,000 Aeroplans and waived FYF, though the note at the bottom of the page says the promo expired Dec 31st, 2015.

Wondering if they will extend this promo once more.
Wondering the same. It'll be good if CIBC keeps pressure on TD by offering the FYF/bonus on their ae cards.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:48 am

Hi folks,
I would like to get this card. I recently applied for amex business card and used my name as my business. Zero income for the business, new opening. No other special info about the business besides what I do. I was approve. Very Easy.

Will this application be the same?
Also I've read on some post it needs to be picked up at the branch??

Thanks

Last edited by Chris101; Jan 6, 2016 at 2:44 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Chris101
Hi folks,
I would like to get this card. I recently applied for amex business card and used my name as my business. Zero income for the business, new opening. No other special info about the business besides what I do. I was approve. Very Easy.

Thanks
This one should be similar, if CIBC doesn't give you issues

Yes, MAY need to pick up at branch
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:26 am

Hi folks,

Thanks
I've just checked at the signup page for the CIBC AeroBiz. It STILL shows the 25,000 points offer, but the expiry note mentions Dec 31st, 2015. I'd call and confirm with CIBC if you do plan to apply, else it might end up being the standard 20,000 offer. Should still be FYF though.

If you don't have any other CIBC products, there's a great chance you'll be asked to go into a branch for pickup. And to make things even more confusing, I've used the cookie cutter to churn the AeroInfinite Visa several times in the past 3 years, yet on a recent new app I was once again asked to go in-branch to pick up.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:37 am

Squeezed in one last AeroBiz app, to close off 2015. Online instant approval once more...now to wait and see if they call to ask me questions ("JJJ, how would you like those Aeros, 25 large ones?")
Instant approval is no guarantee that a card will get physically stamped, so I got tired of waiting and called CIBC. Confirmed, card is on its way. ^

CIBC is inching closer and closer to Amex, as being my wallet's BFF.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:51 pm

No rush to get this one. I just got the amex business so I gota do some MS first to get the 5k requirement.

I also notice that people have been applying multiple times for this card and being approve...with the bonus miles? Unlike Amex you can only get the bonus once. What is everyone doing...same business or different business names?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:05 am

I've just checked at the signup page for the CIBC AeroBiz. It STILL shows the 25,000 points offer, but the expiry note mentions Dec 31st, 2015. I'd call and confirm with CIBC if you do plan to apply, else it might end up being the standard 20,000 offer. Should still be FYF though.

If you don't have any other CIBC products, there's a great chance you'll be asked to go into a branch for pickup. And to make things even more confusing, I've used the cookie cutter to churn the AeroInfinite Visa several times in the past 3 years, yet on a recent new app I was once again asked to go in-branch to pick up.
@JJonahJ how many time have you churn aeroinfinite in 3 years? Doesnt this card only give you 15K bonus?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:26 am

@JJonahJ how many time have you churn aeroinfinite in 3 years? Doesnt this card only give you 15K bonus?
CIBC currently has 2 Aeroplan affiliated cards that are noteworthy when they are promo'd as FYF, the Aerogold Visa for Business (AeroBiz) and the Personal Aerogold Infinite Visa (AeroInfinite).

Although this thread started in Oct, the AeroBiz started as a 20K/FYF offer back in May, and then became 25/FYF.

The AeroInfinite offer has always been 15K, and the FYF promos have appeared once or twice each year since about 2012 (or earlier?).

You can still churn these cards, since for now, only Amex Canada has pushed out the Welcome-Once-Only mat.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:06 am

CIBC currently has 2 Aeroplan affiliated cards that are noteworthy when they are promo'd as FYF, the Aerogold Visa for Business (AeroBiz) and the Personal Aerogold Infinite Visa (AeroInfinite).

Although this thread started in Oct, the AeroBiz started as a 20K/FYF offer back in May, and then became 25/FYF.

The AeroInfinite offer has always been 15K, and the FYF promos have appeared once or twice each year since about 2012 (or earlier?).

You can still churn these cards, since for now, only Amex Canada has pushed out the Welcome-Once-Only mat.
Thats very interesting....How often are people churning these cards? Would they get away with 2 AeroBiz a year?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE100k, MT Ambassador, HH Diamond, Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Emerald Club
Just read this thread. Are people applying for the business card getting the points and then cancelling the card?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Thats very interesting....How often are people churning these cards? Would they get away with 2 AeroBiz a year?
If you own 2 businesses, you can certainly get 2 cards even at the same time, subject to credit approval.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:07 am

Good news, the "CIBC Aerogold Visa card for Business" promo for 25K/FYF has been extended to April 30, 2016.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Good news, the "CIBC Aerogold Visa card for Business" promo for 25K/FYF has been extended to April 30, 2016.
Excellent....likely the best aeroplan bonus sign-up out there,with no apparent restrictions for previous card holder's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.