Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, KLM Flying Blue, Lifemiles
I have it on good authority that CIBC travel cards (including Aeroplan and Aventura) are now FYF in branch only.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by pych
I have it on good authority that CIBC travel cards (including Aeroplan and Aventura) are now FYF in branch only.
vs. at YYZ airport?

I know they are NOT FYF at CIBC.com
Old Nov 17, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by pych
Are you saying if I go to a branch to apply, they can give FYF and bonus, on the Aventura and aeropeso cards? If so, I'll go in a branch to apply soon.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

oopsie
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: *void
CIBC Aero Infinite Visa is now publicly available again, as FYF for 15K Aeroplan welcome points. No need to go to YYZ to look for the reps to get the FYF offer anymore!

Update on my recent CIBC Aero Business Visa...signed up at 20K/FYF, a week before they increased it (on Nov 3rd) to the now current 25K/FYF offer. Figured I missed out on the extra points. Well, the bill just cycled and the points just posted and they gave me the extra 5K anyway. All Distinction eligible, which puts me nicely into Diamond territory again! Thank you AeroPants!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
CIBC Aero Infinite Visa is now publicly available again, as FYF for 15K Aeroplan welcome points. No need to go to YYZ to look for the reps to get the FYF offer anymore!

Update on my recent CIBC Aero Business Visa...signed up at 20K/FYF, a week before they increased it (on Nov 3rd) to the now current 25K/FYF offer. Figured I missed out on the extra points. Well, the bill just cycled and the points just posted and they gave me the extra 5K anyway. All Distinction eligible, which puts me nicely into Diamond territory again! Thank you AeroPants!
That's nice
Did you call CIBC on it at all? or it just happened automatically?

I have the same situation (applied 10/28) and I'll report back what happens when my 1st statement generates
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jerryhung
That's nice
Did you call CIBC on it at all? or it just happened automatically?

I have the same situation (applied 10/28) and I'll report back what happens when my 1st statement generates
I only recieved 20k Aeropeso! Maybe I should call them and complain a bit
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:22 am

With CIBC, you still get bonus points if you do a product switch, right? Doesn't have to be a new application?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Update

Just called CIBC and ask them about the extra 5k aeropeso, she told me it will be on my next statement! ^
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Jma12
Just called CIBC and ask them about the extra 5k aeropeso, she told me it will be on my next statement! ^
Nice! For me, I did call CIBC on the day I got the second email after approval, the one that they send when the actual card has been created and shipped out for delivery. The rep said there's nothing she can do about at that point, but because the signup code is still the same for the 20K and 25K promos, she advised me to just wait and see, then call back to discuss if I only got 20K. Well, now there's no need to discuss!
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Very nice, although I hate CIBC, their AP card statement is much better than TD's and CIBC has the restaurants and hotels with bonus points.

I think I will apply today and go back
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by DealAddict
With CIBC, you still get bonus points if you do a product switch, right? Doesn't have to be a new application?
Dealer, that is a YMMV. Prolly only if you're a CIBC banking client, and if you've carried and used an existing card with good and plentiful txns. It's all conjecture on my part because I don't fit either of those criteria, nor have I tried to switch for welcome bonuses with CIBC.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:47 am

Its not on their web site..
Is that your second card at the same time?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jma12
Just got off the phone after a lengthy call!

I received 20k points,because I applied(mid-October'ish) before current 25k promo.I phoned up and said that my friend(so many FT friends here ) applied around the same time but received 25k points.The rep told me to call aeroplan....LOL! I said that the promo has nothing to do with them and I referred him to the CIBC website detailing the 25k offer.He put me on hold and after a while came back to say I will see the additional 5k points on my next statement! I asked him to put a note on file to confirm that.

We shall see.....

I applied for the personal Infinite Aerogold on Friday,15k points FYF. Took a while to find the link on-line for the fyf.I had to open up a new browser session and delete all history/cookies first,then I was able to get a current link.Apparently this offr is targeted for brand new CIBC clients(existing clients typically will have a CIBC cookie).Awaiting confirmation of approval for that.....

Cheers CIBC !
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by jubberly
Just got off the phone after a lengthy call!

I received 20k points,because I applied(mid-October'ish) before current 25k promo.I phoned up and said that my friend(so many FT friends here ) applied around the same time but received 25k points.The rep told me to call aeroplan....LOL! I said that the promo has nothing to do with them and I referred him to the CIBC website detailing the 25k offer.He put me on hold and after a while came back to say I will see the additional 5k points on my next statement! I asked him to put a note on file to confirm that.

We shall see.....

I applied for the personal Infinite Aerogold on Friday,15k points FYF. Took a while to find the link on-line for the fyf.I had to open up a new browser session and delete all history/cookies first,then I was able to get a current link.Apparently this offr is targeted for brand new CIBC clients(existing clients typically will have a CIBC cookie).Awaiting confirmation of approval for that.....

Cheers CIBC !
Nice! I will apply the Infinite Aerogold at my school then! I still need 7500 aeropeso for my J class redemption from Africa-Europe for next year! This will be helpful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.