Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ AP flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ; bad move?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ AP flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ; bad move?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:16 pm

The LH strike situation sucks, but back to the original topic, IMHO LH F is worth trying and paying more miles/cash.
There were times when the LH F experience was underwhelming, but most of the time it was excellent and I really enjoyed it.
The first class lounges/terminal in FRA and MUC are some of the best airport lounges I've been to.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Now I don't have enough energy to pull this up again but I did spend quite a bit of time on my phone looking at this. The AMEX AeroPlat T&C's spelled out that reward travel is not covered.
I don't believe that's correct.

Admittedly there is some confusion in the wording, that's kind of grabbed from the non-Aeroplan plat, and mentions the card's reward program.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Yes, I got caught with this. Reward travel charged to the regular AMEX Platinum card
is not covered, even if you charge the fees and taxes to the card.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
I have done three mini round the worlds in F many segments on LH first - I have four rubber duckies from the FCT to prove it lol...

Like other airlines service in LH F can be great and not so great depending on staff....
Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Well onboard now. This F experience seems quite ridiculous compared to J. So far the service has been quite good and my glass has not remained empty for long. The cabin is completely full (but there is at least one empty seat in the first row of J), I was rebooked into A class due to the IRROPs.

The pilot did walk through the F cabin and introduce himself to each F PAX and apologized for the strike action.

Because of my rebooking I was not able to experience the F lounge for more than about 45 minutes. It was still very nice.

Not sure how I'm going to handle AC J (especially narrow body) after this!

My last problem is my AE ticket had an overnight in Vancouver and LH got rid of that when they rebooked me. So I will have to try to convince the concierge or reservations to give me that overnight back without a change fee. LH also rebooked my AC leg into revenue, but only W class.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Glad you're enjoying your F experience so far!

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
The pilot did walk through the F cabin and introduce himself to each F PAX and apologized for the strike action.
This is a bit rich IMO. I'm happy the pilots understand that pax are being disrupted, but "I'm sorry" is kind of meaningless when their intentional actions disrupted pax in the first place.

"I'm happy we're able to fly you today" would probably have been a more genuine expression of appreciation.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ffsim
Glad you're enjoying your F experience so far!

This is a bit rich IMO. I'm happy the pilots understand that pax are being disrupted, but "I'm sorry" is kind of meaningless when their intentional actions disrupted pax in the first place.

"I'm happy we're able to fly you today" would probably have been a more genuine expression of appreciation.
I'm glad to hear he's having a great time too! However, I disagree with you there.

My wife is part of a union that has taken a strike action in the past. She was vehemently against it. Perhaps the pilot felt the same way. You never know.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
My wife is part of a union that has taken a strike action in the past. She was vehemently against it. Perhaps the pilot felt the same way. You never know.
It doesn't matter if your wife or the pilot were vehemently against it. That's the whole point of a union; to act as a collective for the members' own good. Their deliberate actions caused the disruptions they're apologizing for and that's what makes it insincere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.