Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ AP flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ; bad move?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ AP flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ; bad move?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*

So I just changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ aeroplan flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ.

Think that was a bad move? Cost me $330 in extra scamcharges plus the change fee.

I really wanted to get on a 747-8 or A380 FRA-LAX and try the FCT, plus some nice metal. I have a feeling that first class redemption's (or first class all together) will disappear in my lifetime so I thought I had to try it at least once.

Will they cut me off in LH F? I was planning on enjoying a lot of booze.

Last edited by Nitehawk; Sep 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm Reason: changed taxes to scamcharges for accuracy.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So I just changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ aeroplan flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ.

Think that was a bad move? Cost me $330 in extra taxes plus the change fee.

I really wanted to get on a 747-8 or A380 FRA-LAX and try the FCT, plus some nice metal. I have a feeling that first class redemption's (or first class all together) will disappear in my lifetime so I thought I had to try it at least once.

Cow waited 30 minutes in between drinks on LH F. He was NOT pleased at all, and has publicly said he preferred Rouge service.

Why didn't you ask first before your change?

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Sep 7, 2015 at 8:09 pm
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've also heard really good stories about LH F.

I'm going to keep trying until I experience it

It's definitely worth trying. The lounge experience is nice. Nice bar. They bring your drinks to you. You can order food off the menu, but the buffet is still really nice.

I still haven't had the opportunity to spend enough time in an F lounge to even order food
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Cow waited 30 minutes in between drinks on LH F. He was NOT pleased at all, and has publicly said he preferred Rouge service.

Why didn't you ask first before your change?
Did rouge give him a little ducky like LH F. I bet not.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by yul36
Did rouge give him a little ducky like LH F. I bet not.
They both gave me the same number of duckies.

MUC does not have them.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
To OP: your post explains why this wasn't a bad move. Unless you absolutely couldn't part with the $330. Enjoy your flights!

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 7, 2015 at 10:31 pm Reason: remove deleted quote
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

How much time should i spend in the lounge? I actually have an overnight in MUC so I will have a lot of time to kill...
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:19 pm

How much time should i spend in the lounge? I actually have an overnight in MUC so I will have a lot of time to kill...
I'd aim for at least 2 hours between arrival and boarding to ensure you have a shower, visit the bar, order some food, and just relax.

But I mean if you have nothing better to do, and are just going to sit in your hotel on your laptop, might as well going to the lounge for several meals
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I'd do that change in a heartbeat.

LH F has a very nice winelist and probably worth it just to try the first class lounge.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:23 pm

Hey paperboy, leave my posts alone!

Last edited by Maserati; Sep 9, 2015 at 6:14 pm Reason: remove snark
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Anyways, for me, based on the comments about robotic service, LH F is not something I want to try. I prefer much more friendlier sincere service, but that's just me. My experiences on CX were much the same way, and I didn't care for it. Dare I say, even between CX and AC, I preferred AC service!

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Sep 8, 2015 at 5:54 am Reason: content
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Anyways, for me, based on the comments about robotic service, LH F is not something I want to try. I prefer much more friendlier sincere service, but that's just me. My experiences on CX were much the same way, and I didn't care for it. Dare I say, even between CX and AC, I preferred AC service!
We'll I'll try it, at least once. Honestly being SE on a 788 likely wasn't going to be so bad. I usually get nice service on AC with lots of thank you's for being an SE.

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 7, 2015 at 10:32 pm Reason: edit quote
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:47 pm

We'll I'll try it, at least once. Honestly being SE on a 788 likely wasn't going to be so bad. I usually get nice service on AC with lots of thank you's for being an SE.
I have no complaints about AC. LH F is just a notch above in every way. 8 seats, 2 FAs, great wine list, some interesting food options, lots of privacy. It's just different and a bit more special.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Please note that this thread was originally posted in the Forum Lounge thread but as that thread is for discussing general non-AC topics was moved out into its own thread.

A number of posts have been edited or deleted as personal invective so let's please try and keep to discussing the topic at hand and not the posters at hand as per FT Rules. Anyone that has concerns about a post is reminded the proper way to raise those concerns is to a forum moderator and not in the thread itself.

Regards,

tcook052
AC forum moderator

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 7, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP

Think that was a bad move? Cost me $330 in extra scamcharges plus the change fee.

This is great as long as LH pilots are not on strike!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.