FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ AP flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ; bad move? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1708354-changed-my-ac-788-j-txl-cph-yyz-yyj-ap-flight-lh-a330-f-txl-muc-yvr-yyj-bad-move.html)

Nitehawk Sep 7, 2015 7:49 pm

Changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ AP flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ; bad move?

So I just changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ aeroplan flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ.

Think that was a bad move? Cost me $330 in extra scamcharges plus the change fee.

I really wanted to get on a 747-8 or A380 FRA-LAX and try the FCT, plus some nice metal. I have a feeling that first class redemption's (or first class all together) will disappear in my lifetime so I thought I had to try it at least once.

Will they cut me off in LH F? I was planning on enjoying a lot of booze. :)

superangrypenguin Sep 7, 2015 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk (Post 25390669)
So I just changed my AC 788 J TXL-CPH-YYZ-YYJ aeroplan flight to LH A330 F TXL-MUC-YVR-YYJ.

Think that was a bad move? Cost me $330 in extra taxes plus the change fee.

I really wanted to get on a 747-8 or A380 FRA-LAX and try the FCT, plus some nice metal. I have a feeling that first class redemption's (or first class all together) will disappear in my lifetime so I thought I had to try it at least once.

Cow waited 30 minutes in between drinks on LH F. He was NOT pleased at all, and has publicly said he preferred Rouge service.

Why didn't you ask first before your change? :p

canadiancow Sep 7, 2015 8:00 pm

I've also heard really good stories about LH F.

I'm going to keep trying until I experience it :p

It's definitely worth trying. The lounge experience is nice. Nice bar. They bring your drinks to you. You can order food off the menu, but the buffet is still really nice.

I still haven't had the opportunity to spend enough time in an F lounge to even order food :(

yul36 Sep 7, 2015 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 25390675)
Cow waited 30 minutes in between drinks on LH F. He was NOT pleased at all, and has publicly said he preferred Rouge service.

Why didn't you ask first before your change? :p

Did rouge give him a little ducky like LH F. I bet not.

canadiancow Sep 7, 2015 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by yul36 (Post 25390743)
Did rouge give him a little ducky like LH F. I bet not.

They both gave me the same number of duckies.

MUC does not have them.

ffsim Sep 7, 2015 8:12 pm

To OP: your post explains why this wasn't a bad move. Unless you absolutely couldn't part with the $330. Enjoy your flights!

Nitehawk Sep 7, 2015 8:14 pm

How much time should i spend in the lounge? I actually have an overnight in MUC so I will have a lot of time to kill...

canadiancow Sep 7, 2015 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk (Post 25390760)
How much time should i spend in the lounge? I actually have an overnight in MUC so I will have a lot of time to kill...

I'd aim for at least 2 hours between arrival and boarding to ensure you have a shower, visit the bar, order some food, and just relax.

But I mean if you have nothing better to do, and are just going to sit in your hotel on your laptop, might as well going to the lounge for several meals :p

The Lev Sep 7, 2015 8:20 pm

I'd do that change in a heartbeat.

LH F has a very nice winelist and probably worth it just to try the first class lounge.

Maserati Sep 7, 2015 8:23 pm

Hey paperboy, leave my posts alone!

superangrypenguin Sep 7, 2015 8:38 pm

Anyways, for me, based on the comments about robotic service, LH F is not something I want to try. I prefer much more friendlier sincere service, but that's just me. My experiences on CX were much the same way, and I didn't care for it. Dare I say, even between CX and AC, I preferred AC service! :eek:

Nitehawk Sep 7, 2015 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 25390852)
Anyways, for me, based on the comments about robotic service, LH F is not something I want to try. I prefer much more friendlier sincere service, but that's just me. My experiences on CX were much the same way, and I didn't care for it. Dare I say, even between CX and AC, I preferred AC service! :eek:

We'll I'll try it, at least once. Honestly being SE on a 788 likely wasn't going to be so bad. I usually get nice service on AC with lots of thank you's for being an SE.

Maserati Sep 7, 2015 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk (Post 25390880)
We'll I'll try it, at least once. Honestly being SE on a 788 likely wasn't going to be so bad. I usually get nice service on AC with lots of thank you's for being an SE.

I have no complaints about AC. LH F is just a notch above in every way. 8 seats, 2 FAs, great wine list, some interesting food options, lots of privacy. It's just different and a bit more special.

tcook052 Sep 7, 2015 8:55 pm

Please note that this thread was originally posted in the Forum Lounge thread but as that thread is for discussing general non-AC topics was moved out into its own thread.

A number of posts have been edited or deleted as personal invective so let's please try and keep to discussing the topic at hand and not the posters at hand as per FT Rules. Anyone that has concerns about a post is reminded the proper way to raise those concerns is to a forum moderator and not in the thread itself.

Regards,

tcook052
AC forum moderator

gtpdiddy Sep 8, 2015 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk (Post 25390669)

Think that was a bad move? Cost me $330 in extra scamcharges plus the change fee.

This is great as long as LH pilots are not on strike! :D