Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Extra services on *A partners as AC *G/elite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extra services on *A partners as AC *G/elite?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEGTigger
I got a free SDC and a free E+ seat out of a UA gate agent this week in LAS going to SFO. Probably the friendliest GA I've ever met, ever. But, other than that I haven't gotten anything out of UA beyond the rules in a while.
The UA app and website will give *G free SDC, 100% of the time. Agents may or may not.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I've never really needed an SDC outside of once on an award ticket when a friendly lounge agent hooked me up. I just wish they'd give up E+ at T-12/18/24 or whatever, but then if AC isn't gonna do the same with the preferred seats then I can see why they wouldn't. I will take your advice on the non-English thing. LOT gives *G no love online, I was shocked I had to pay $25 for ANY seat selection. Just booked a flight to MNL on BR and they seem to give away PE on the TPE-MNL maybe just cuz it's short-ish haul, but AC doesn't give away pref seats (for BR elites) on YVR-YYC which is half the flying time.

Last edited by drvannostren; Aug 30, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The UA app and website will give *G free SDC, 100% of the time. Agents may or may not.
+1 abused this sh!t so much back in ye olden days when I had spare time

IAH-SFO? oh look, IAH-LAX-SFO

or the corollary: EWR-SFO? oh look, EWR-IAD-SFO. And once at IAD, oh look IAD-DEN-SFO. And once at DEN? oh look DEN-IAH-SFO. And once at IAH? Mhm, IAH-LAX-SFO.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by maradori

or the corollary: EWR-SFO? oh look, EWR-IAD-SFO. And once at IAD, oh look IAD-DEN-SFO. And once at DEN? oh look DEN-IAH-SFO. And once at IAH? Mhm, IAH-LAX-SFO.
Really? I have two spare days in October, and need to pile up some segments.

SDC, free, as long as start and end points are the same?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by yvrgary
Originally Posted by maradori

Really? I have two spare days in October, and need to pile up some segments.

SDC, free, as long as start and end points are the same?
Yes.

This may have the unintended side effect of your butt in an E- middle . I've often considered it but never had the guts
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA*P / Nexus / Marriot*G/ Hertz Gold/HH*G
LH rocks

in LH I was upgraded in my flight Munich to Montreal. Never asked for an upgrade and I don't think the flight was full. and this was probably my 2nd time flying with LH since I remember I exist....on the other hand I have never been upgraded by AC ... ;-( unless I fork CDN 500, which I won't.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
I did not know that. I may have to try to get an extra segment in on one of my flights this week to make up for the 1900 series flight I can't get credit for.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by YEGTigger
I did not know that. I may have to try to get an extra segment in on one of my flights this week to make up for the 1900 series flight I can't get credit for.
I'm thinking I'll try this too...any chance this would work for a UA booked ANA operated route?

I got YVR-HND-HKG-HND-YVR on a steal from Flighthub, but it's convoluted. It's NH on the outbound and on the inbound it's UA Codeshare operated by NH.

I'd be quite happy to maybe swap it to like HKG-LAX-SFO-YVR to squeeze out an extra seg. Doable?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC
"I'm Gold" as you point at "Star Alliance Gold" on your boarding pass tends to work well in stations where the primary language is not English

Not that I've had much trouble elsewhere.
Like morning rush in IST - passport and security fast track for *G is a lifesaver there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.