Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year on an LAX-YVR flight, saw Pamela Anderson boarding the a/c. Of course I didn't board long after she did.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by rejunivated
Last year on an LAX-YVR flight, saw Pamela Anderson boarding the a/c. Of course I didn't board long after she did.
You mean they allowed her on board with two extra carry-ons?
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
Nice resurrection of a fun OT thread YYZ!

The past couple months I swear David Suzuki has been following me around airports. I've seen him 3 times of late in the MLL's (twice in YVR and once in YUL). Hoping he doesn't recognize me and think I'm stalking him.

For hockey fans out there, my fondest celeb run-in has to be on a flight from YYZ to YEG with "the rat", Ken Linseman. He was on his way to the outdoor legends game between Edm/Mtl Nov '03. He was first row of Y, I was last row of J, but we managed to have a nice conversation about his old Oiler days. He seemed quite excited to talk about the good ole days and I was thrilled to listen to all the stories. There's just something really neat about someone speaking about "Wayne" and "Mark" in the first person.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by luv2flyJ
There's just something really neat about someone speaking about "Wayne" and "Mark" in the first person.
He didn't refer to "Mark" as "Mess"?
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
Nope said he had just talked to Mark on the phone and found out that he was going to be allowed to play.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luv2flyJ
Nope said he had just talked to Mark on the phone and found out that he was going to be allowed to play.
I guess it's different than on TV when they use the nicknames, ending with "ie" or "ee" or "ey"

I figured bringing this thread back up will allow some of the recent newbies to read some of our interesting encounters.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
So who is Ken Linseman and why is he a celebrity? And BTW what is hockey?
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:58 pm

I once saw Bob Goodenow in the lounge at YYZ last year prior to the strike with all his lackeys.

If I could only go back in time and smack him upside the head...
Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:02 pm

Programs: AC S100K / AC-2MM
Shortly after the Salt Lake Olympics, I was flying from YYC to YUL. Seated next to me in J was the coach of the women's hockey team that had just won the gold medal. Even got to hold one of the gold medals. The entire team was on the flight. Don't know if this qualifies as a 'celebrity' sighting but it was interesting.

I also once sat beside swimmer Mark Tewkesbury on a YYC-YYZ flight, also in J. He too was very personable.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Maybe not all Canadians but I had Bobby Orr from BOS-YYZ, then Don Cherry from YYZ-BOS and my favorite one was sitting beside Heather Locklear in J from YYZ-EWR last summer.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Z-man
my favorite one was sitting beside Heather Locklear in J from YYZ-EWR last summer.
Ok, but did you talk to her? Make out?
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:31 pm

In April I was on a flight from Montreal to Quebec City sitting behind His Excellency John Ralston Saul.

How do you get to be an "His Excellency"?
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by sharkshooter
In April I was on a flight from Montreal to Quebec City sitting behind His Excellency John Ralston Saul.

He was no doubt coming to YQB for a stay at the GG's modest summer quarters inside La Citadelle.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by sharkshooter

You marry above your station.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Z-man
Maybe not all Canadians but I had Bobby Orr from BOS-YYZ, then Don Cherry from YYZ-BOS and my favorite one was sitting beside Heather Locklear in J from YYZ-EWR last summer.
Snubbed again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.