FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

McScruffy Mar 22, 2010 12:27 pm

I saw Justin Bieber on my flight from LAX to YYZ on March 2nd. He was sitting in J and his entourage was in Y. That kid was super short.

ceaton Mar 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by antirealist (Post 13623434)
Why on earth would Dalton McGuinty need a guard? Other provincial premiers seem to manage without them.

At least Campbell and Charest do as well...

NordsFan Mar 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by ceaton (Post 13625666)
At least Campbell and Charest do as well...

When in Quebec and travelling by car, Premier Charest has his car with 2 SQ drivers/bodyguards along with a chase car with 2 other SQ officers.

Depending on the type of event, an advance party of usually 2 officers comes in about 60-90 minutes to check the location out (big crowds vs. small crowds vs. public events vs. PLQ party events).

Not sure what the arrangements are like when travelling outside of the province or country on commercial flights. In some cases, the premier does use one of the Challengers from the Service aérien du Gouvernement du Québec based at YQB.

When outside of the country, the premier has at least one of his SQ detail members along for the ride and they are likely NOT armed.

All of this based on personal observations in Quebec, Toronto and Paris.

Tangoer Mar 22, 2010 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by antirealist (Post 13623434)
Why on earth would Dalton McGuinty need a guard?

One word: HST

:mad: ;)

epost77 Mar 23, 2010 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Tangoer (Post 13627838)
One word: HST

:mad: ;)

That is not a word but rather 3 letters:D

sharkshooter Mar 23, 2010 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by epost77 (Post 13630391)
That is not a word but rather 3 letters:D

He just left out the vowels: HeiST.

Stranger Mar 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Looks like that Fox bimbo is coming to Calgary too. Is she flying AC?

Hopefully someone will find a way to relegate her to the back, preferably stuck between two Arab-looking guys? :D

CloudsBelow Mar 24, 2010 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 13634627)
Looks like that Fox bimbo is coming to Calgary too. Is she flying AC?

Hopefully someone will find a way to relegate her to the back, preferably stuck between two Arab-looking guys? :D

What a deep post?? :confused:

Are you referring to Megan Fox?

My mistake . . . Would have assumed a reference to a "celebrity" would relate to their name and not the TV Network they work for . . . And never assumed Ann Coulter would pass the "celebrity" test and get in this thread.

My bad Stranger.

PS - Wouldn't it be a great world if we all realized the attention Coulter gets feeds this annoying circle. U of O just give her a louder platform by cancelling her talk. I promise you, she'll just go away if we ignore her. Would LOVE it if all CGY media decided not to cover/mention her talk at UoC (or whereever she's "performing")

kvanbrandt Mar 24, 2010 7:43 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow (Post 13637577)

Are you referring to Megan Fox? She's never had DUI, keeps out of trouble, isn't hooking up w/ someone new every week, not a clubber . . . I don't get it?? I'm thinking a post like yours stems from a life of constant rejection from females over the years?

Slow down hondo.. he means Ann Coulter from the FOX Network, not Megan Fox.

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Mar 24, 2010 7:50 am

Originally Posted by kvanbrandt (Post 13637640)

Her talk in Ottawa last night was cancelled due to "security concerns".
--
13F

Stranger Mar 24, 2010 8:52 am

Originally Posted by kvanbrandt (Post 13637640)

Welcome to FT.

Academic Mar 24, 2010 8:59 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow (Post 13637577)

PS - Wouldn't it be a great world if we all realized the attention Coulter gets feeds this annoying circle. Would LOVE it if all CGY media decided not to cover/mention her talk at UoC (or whereever she's "performing")

This is exactly what happened at UWO. She was completely invisible on campus. Nothing showed up on the campus website and I don't think most people were aware that she was here. Her stupid "let them ride camels" remark made it to the news, but that was about it.

Stranger Mar 24, 2010 9:10 am

Won't happen in Calgary.

People here love right wing bimbos apparently. :(

Now if we could enroll a couple of thousand women who would agree to wear some sort of hair cover to go sit in front of the audience....

Stranger Mar 24, 2010 9:24 am

After her comments about Arabs, flyimng carpets and camels, maybe she should be put on a canadian no-fly list. :D

We'll then do our best to offer her a camel to take her back to the US boarder. Maybe a horse?

taupo Mar 24, 2010 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 13638273)
We'll then do our best to offer her a camel to take her back to the US boarder. Maybe a horse?

Horse is like riding in J compared to a camel, stick to the camel.