FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

jlisi984 Dec 19, 09 6:52 pm

I was reading this thread earlier, and I just remembered mine: not a scheduled flight, but whatever.

I flew in Larry Ellison's (4th richest person in the world) Pilatus PC-7 trainer, with his son piloting! Over SF, SFO, Golden Gate, Alcatraz, then did some loops and rolls... Fun!

yyzgigi Dec 19, 09 8:30 pm

Saw Rick Mercer and his partner on a YYZ-BGI flight a few weeks back. Given how much he makes fun of AC on his show I asked the FA what she thought of serving him. She told me was an SE and very nice and that a lot of his jokes weren't far from the truth.

Not sure where they headed to, but they went to the connections area at BGI.

Vaclav Dec 22, 09 2:01 pm

I am en route to PRG via YYZ & FRA.

Calin Rovinescu was on my flight AC415 (YUL-YYZ).
The man did everything right - greeting employees and some pax, and all that with understated elegance. It is good to meet a CEO who is not full of himself, and goes a long way for the company that he represents.

Thank you, Calin, it was a good year, not matter how challenging. ^

All the best for 2010.

tcook052 Jan 9, 10 12:39 am

http://www.canada.com/news/national/...841/story.html

MONTREAL Oscar-winning actor Halle Berry and her model husband were spotted here on Monday jumping a U.S. Customs queue at Pierre Trudeau International Airport with the help of a Montreal Police officer.

While others waited more than an hour in line, the A-list couple were whisked with their 22-month old daughter right through to the comfort of their executive class seats on board an Air Canada plane to Los Angeles.

Aeroports de Montreal, which manages the airport, says it doesn't give preferential treatment to anyone in most cases they're not even notified when a VIP comes through the sliding doors.

Air Canada said it doesn't differentiate based on celebrity, either, but rather according to fares.

Stranger Jan 9, 10 7:47 am

Jake Epp on a YYZ-YYC flight the other day. SE status, got his upgrade at the gate.

tootsiegirl Jan 9, 10 5:42 pm

Got to see Shawn Majumba, off of just for laughs,i think thats the show..we sat first class, he flew economy....

tcook052 Jan 9, 10 8:12 pm


Originally Posted by tootsiegirl (Post 13148604)
Got to see Shawn Majumba, off of just for laughs,i think thats the show..we sat first class, he flew economy....

AC has First? :confused:

margarita girl Jan 30, 10 10:42 am

David Suzuki in the AC domestic ML lounge (well on the elevator actually). He wasn't very nice though. I said "Dr Suzuki?" and he said yes, then turned his back to me. Being persistent, I tapped him on the shoulder and said "I'm a fan. Thank you for all the work you do." He said Thank You and turned his back to me again!

Didn't even get a chance to tell him that the David Suzuki Foundation is one of many charities that I support with monthly donations.

Stranger Jan 30, 10 10:44 am


Originally Posted by margarita girl (Post 13288404)
David Suzuki in the AC domestic ML lounge (well on the elevator actually). He wasn't very nice though. I said "Dr Suzuki?" and he said yes, then turned his back to me. Being persistent, I tapped him on the shoulder and said "I'm a fan. Thank you for all the work you do." He said Thank You and turned his back to me again!

Didn't even get a chance to tell him that the David Suzuki Foundation is one of many charities that I support with monthly donations.

It appears there are stories floating around about him being obnoxious/unpleasant with crews on board AC flights.

Obviously not a good thing for the causes he supports.

canolakid Jan 30, 10 10:48 am

hmmm, I guess his 'we take the bus instead of planes because of our deep concern for the environment' experiment is over...

zorn Jan 30, 10 10:55 am

Ken Dryden and John Godfrey coming back from YOW the other day. Both sat in Y.

trilinearmipmap Jan 30, 10 10:57 am


Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 13288415)
It appears there are stories floating around about him being obnoxious/unpleasant with crews on board AC flights.

Obviously not a good thing for the causes he supports.

When my boy was two years old we brought him on a flight that Dr. Suzuki was also on. My boy pointed to him and said "Look mommy, a clown!".

illico Jan 30, 10 1:44 pm

Does Jack Layton count as a celebrity? Good to see that the leader of those left wing tree huggers sits with us riffraff in Y.

threepoint Jan 30, 10 2:04 pm


Originally Posted by illico (Post 13289326)
Does Jack Layton count as a celebrity? Good to see that the leader those left wing tree huggers sits with us riffraff in Y.

Well if John Godfrey and Ken Dryden earn a post in this thread, then I suppose Jack does too.
Whether they fly Y, J or F, I'm loathe to consider politicians as celebrities...the 44th POTUS being a prime example.

CloudsBelow Jan 30, 10 2:19 pm


Originally Posted by zorn (Post 13288486)
Ken Dryden and John Godfrey coming back from YOW the other day. Both sat in Y.

In Y? Wouln't have thought


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:36 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.