FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

jayman Feb 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Olivia Newton-John

On a recent flight (Feb 13), sat across the isle from Olivia Newton John on a flight YYZ-FLL.

Saw her later at the baggage claim, saw what looked to be a few old beaten junk piece of luggage, and she picked it up.....was really surprised.

asya999 Feb 25, 2010 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by scapaflow (Post 13461966)
Matt Lauer in the MLL Lounge at YVR now.

He was flying to YYZ from where he was attempting to fly to LGA.

He ended up on AC 720, the only flight YYZ-LGA after 11am or so that actually made it to LGA. He was in Y, middle seat (22E) - I know because I was in 22D after my flight (716) was CXed along with three others (better than the two flights that took off and ended up landing back in YYZ a few hours later!).

Nice guy - was very polite, especially to the FA who brought him some stuff (snacks and drinks) from F.

scapaflow Feb 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by asya999 (Post 13467985)
He was flying to YYZ from where he was attempting to fly to LGA.

He ended up on AC 720, the only flight YYZ-LGA after 11am or so that actually made it to LGA. He was in Y, middle seat (22E) - I know because I was in 22D after my flight (716) was CXed along with three others (better than the two flights that took off and ended up landing back in YYZ a few hours later!).

Nice guy - was very polite, especially to the FA who brought him some stuff (snacks and drinks) from F.

Thanks for the follow-up report... I noticed his polite manner at YVR also.

YQMer Mar 2, 2010 8:24 am

Originally Posted by bluenose77 (Post 13367010)
Doug Morris was the Pilot on my flight today....190 to Halifax (not sure if he did the victoria to toronto leg...). I have been looking out for him for YEARS! He looks like an action hero.

He flew us YHZ-MBJ yesterday.

mpc1 Mar 2, 2010 5:35 pm

Doug Morris recently flew me from YHZ to YYZ. When the cockpit door opened on arrival he looked up, saw me and recognized me :D. That's when you know you fly too much, when the pilot recognizes you.

ceaton Mar 2, 2010 10:46 pm

Brian Williams, a SE, and (never noticeable on air) wearing very nice shoes at YVR D MLL today.

propofol Mar 3, 2010 3:51 am

What does Brian do between Olympic games? I never see him on TV except for that!

calgary_jay Mar 3, 2010 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by propofol (Post 13500379)
What does Brian do between Olympic games? I never see him on TV except for that!

CFL.

But other than that I'm not sure.

bcnfish Mar 3, 2010 1:49 pm

Calin Rovinescu

Calin was in the domestic YVR lounge on Monday morning.

yodayoda Mar 3, 2010 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by calgary_jay (Post 13503803)
CFL.

But other than that I'm not sure.

He's like a Christmas tree - brought out every 2 yrs when the Olympics are on. Once the Olympics are done, away into storage he goes!

YQMer Mar 4, 2010 10:09 am

Originally Posted by killuminati (Post 13504030)
Calin was in the domestic YVR lounge on Monday morning.

Welcome to FT!

bdyyz Mar 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Dalton and Mrs McGuinty in row 27 (on a 319) March 13 and 20 YYZ to SJD (San Jose Del Cabo,MX). I guess they needed some fun in the sun. Pretty cool sitting across the aisle from his guard with a piece under his vest. They were very quiet and nobody really approached them.

taupo Mar 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by bdyyz (Post 13620853)
Pretty cool sitting across the aisle from his guard with a piece under his vest.

The cool factor changes to a pain in the rear factor when you have to carry the piece on your person most of the time, or have it close at hand.

Flews Mar 22, 2010 6:44 am

Originally Posted by bdyyz (Post 13620853)
Dalton and Mrs McGuinty in row 27 (on a 319) March 13 and 20 YYZ to SJD (San Jose Del Cabo,MX). I guess they needed some fun in the sun. Pretty cool sitting across the aisle from his guard with a piece under his vest. They were very quiet and nobody really approached them.

Sorry to rain on your coolness, but I can assure you his guard (OPP) did not have his "piece" with him. Police do not travel with their "pieces" in these circumstances.

Cheers,

antirealist Mar 22, 2010 7:26 am

Why on earth would Dalton McGuinty need a guard? Other provincial premiers seem to manage without them.