Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Jason Pierce and a gaggle of various musicians tonight on AC153. He was the only one I recognized for sure however (although they all knew him) and it isn’t the first time he has been on the flight. Too bad he isn’t sitting next to the ex-PM cause that would be a good visual. And Harper usually sits next to where Pierce is seated.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Are you sure? Harper was in Washington DC just the day before (July 2nd) and he resides in Calgary, so unsure why he would be in Toronto just one day later?
A Calgary resident who was in DC one day and Toronto the next is difficult to explain?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Commie
Late in posting, but not sure if they would be considered ‘celebrities’, but was flying to Las Vegas for the US Memorial Day weekend. Which just happens to be around the Stanley cup finals.

i was on the 767 rouge flight in J, and on the way there , the fromt was filled with TSN personalities. I could only recognize Jennifer Hedger.
On the flight home after Game 2, I sat next to Mike Johnson, ex player turned commentator. Nice guy in person
Originally Posted by ac777
Stephen Harper with security person in YYZ MLL Jul 3.Does he count?
For this thread, pretty much any person goes... so yes to TSN personalities and that Harper person.
Queen B likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
A Calgary resident who was in DC one day and Toronto the next is difficult to explain?
Only people who have been flying a long time would understand this is not unusual.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Only people who have been flying a long time would understand this is not unusual.
I'm not even thinking these are separate trips that a frequent flyer might make. Given there are no nonstop fights between DC and Calgary, one must connect through an eastern city if using a Canadian carrier to return home.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer
Too many to count, years ago on YVR-LAX. Closest "encounter" was sitting next to David Duchovny.
wow, congrats
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by pjanet
wow, congrats
LOL, we're 4 days short of a full 17 years since (basically, the day this thread was started) the previous KH handle posted that!
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Bryan Adams was sitting in front of me today on rouge YQB-YYZ. Cool.
eracerblue likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Bryan Adams was sitting in front of me today on rouge YQB-YYZ. Cool.
Now that is an unquestionable Canadian Celebrity. Was he at the do?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
He tried to sneak in to the planning meeting, but @24left wouldn't let him in. Told him he needed to sign up two weeks in advance!

Let that be a lesson to those who want to sign up for the YQB Do at the last minute!!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Monday, Aug 6 at 7am, PK Subban at Super Elite US checkin desk at YYZ. He was checking in a couple of hockey bags and taping several hockey sticks together with a baggage tag.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Had the chance to be at his show last Thursday in Lévis. Was a great show, but very crowded as you would expect. May be getting a bit old for these kinds of outdoor festival-type shows!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seegs
Monday, Aug 6 at 7am, PK Subban at Super Elite US checkin desk at YYZ. He was checking in a couple of hockey bags and taping several hockey sticks together with a baggage tag.
Another photograph and autograph for the Concierge celebrity pictures wall*.

*What the heck happened to it after the black box went up? Did people think it was too tacky? I didn't have a problem with it, but whatever.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Haley Joel Osment . American actor, on LAX-YYZ . He was sitting across the aisle from me in J.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:12 pm

Bruce Cockburn, last week, on YQR-YVR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.