Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by yvrflyr
September 11,
AC232 YVR YEG
Celebrity Chef Vikram Vij
He sat in J next to an AC captain. Chatted with other passengers in J. seems friendly and genuinely interested.
I have attended two separate events in the past year where has been the host. He comes across as being friendly, honest and down to earth.

The complete opposite of what pops into your mind when you think Celebrity Chef. (Perhaps my image of the job role is tainted by Gordon Ramsey TV shows).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Not exactly Air Canada related except to say I was surprised that when I was waiting for my flight from Sudbury that I saw Kathleen Wynne deplane.

I would have thought all politicians are Air Canada flyers.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Not exactly Air Canada related except to say I was surprised that when I was waiting for my flight from Sudbury that I saw Kathleen Wynne deplane.

I would have thought all politicians are Air Canada flyers.
She and her team definitely fly AC... just not exclusively...

Plus, I believe she is there to testify in the bribery case, so shouldn't be a shock to locals at least.

Last edited by yyznomad; Sep 12, 2017 at 8:57 pm
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Fiordland
The complete opposite of what pops into your mind when you think Celebrity Chef. (Perhaps my image of the job role is tainted by Gordon Ramsey TV shows).
UK Ramsey, and Ramsey with kids seems an OK guy. Even Master Chef Ramsey isn't bad. Its US produced and edited reality show Ramsey who gets a bad rap.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by RangerNS
UK Ramsey, and Ramsey with kids seems an OK guy. Even Master Chef Ramsey isn't bad. Its US produced and edited reality show Ramsey who gets a bad rap.
Exactly. The UK (i.e., original) version of "Kitchen Nightmares" was a clear example of this. A lot less yelling and he narrates the whole thing himself - none of the dramatic $#@% of the American version.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Chris Hadfield

Right now right by me in the YYZ Domestic MLL business area. I think he's eating the bland scrambled eggs.

Last time I saw him was in 2012 IIRC. Need to look upthread.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Chris Hadfield

Right now right by me in the YYZ Domestic MLL business area. I think he's eating the bland scrambled eggs.

Last time I saw him was in 2012 IIRC. Need to look upthread.
Figures an astronaut would be able to stomach MLL food. 😁
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eigenvector
Figures an astronaut would be able to stomach MLL food. 😁
It's part of their training.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: TK *G
It's part of their training.
I think frequent flyers should receive this training too.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by songsc
I think frequent flyers should receive this training too.
Well, we are the guinea pigs anyway.

Unless you mean receive MLL food training prior to becoming a frequent flyer.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: TK *G
Well, we are the guinea pigs anyway.

Unless you mean receive MLL food training prior to becoming a frequent flyer.
The training should be part of the SE package.

1. How to survive on a diet of pickle and cold pizza.

2. When food starts to roll out at various MLLs, make sure to be the first or everything edible will be gone in 5 minutes.

3. Understand that spoon and bowls will be gone before the food does, so plan ahead.

4. There is usually a PPL just around the corner.

Anyone who can not pass this training will have his/her SE100K revoked for health and safety and ranting concerns.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Rik Emmett (former Triumph guitarist/singer) with guitarist Dave Dunlop in YYZ T1 ready to board AC505.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by Symmetre
Rik Emmett (former Triumph guitarist/singer) with guitarist Dave Dunlop in YYZ T1 ready to board AC505.
Reading some of these posts makes me wonder how many times I may have unknowingly sat next to one of these "celebrities" on a flight 🙄

I think there should be some type of quantifiable criteria to distinguish what might be a celebrity to you, from a celebrity to the general public.

Not slagging your opinion, I just legitimately wonder who else may have even heard of these specific folks before.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravellingGypsy
Reading some of these posts makes me wonder how many times I may have unknowingly sat next to one of these "celebrities" on a flight ��

I think there should be some type of quantifiable criteria to distinguish what might be a celebrity to you, from a celebrity to the general public.

Not slagging your opinion, I just legitimately wonder who else may have even heard of these specific folks before.
This has been a big issue with this thread.

People have reported here having sat next to some American celebrity on a non-AC flight, so pretty much anything goes. I guess some posters didn't carefully read "Canadian"
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:24 am

That's like the time a few years ago I walked onto an AC flight at LAX behind Andy Kim. The SD said "OMG, that's Andy Kim"; my wife went "you know that's Andy Kim, right?" and I, having come to Canada in the mid-70s and never listened to his type of music, went "Who?".

Celebrity to me is a current one, not a former one...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.