Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Lol. Only reporting what I see.

So which player would you not leave the lounge for?
Any of the several thousand who have never been on camera without their helmet, and thus could only be identified if in a uniform with 30" letters.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Any of the several thousand who have never been on camera without their helmet, and thus could only be identified if in a uniform with 30" letters.
Wow harsh!

Admittedly I don't understand some of the hate-on here for Mess... but I guess I'm too busy toiling in the misery of the lowly Leafs... but soon no more!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Admittedly I don't understand some of the hate-on here for Mess... but I guess I'm too busy toiling in the misery of the lowly Leafs... but soon no more!
Soon they'll be lowly no more, or soon you'll cease toiling in their misery? Be warned: they will rise again, but eventually crush your dreams and spirit (says a long-suffering Canucks fan).

Mess was an exceedingly talented hockey player. But dirty - he'd rather deliver a concussion than a bodycheck. He'd throw a vicious elbow to the head when player and ref were looking elsewhere, and shied away from face-to-face contact, unless behind his waving stick. He was extremely effective against my team as an Oiler and Ranger (fair enough), but even more so when he wore our jersey. He was often heralded as the consumate leader, but many who played with him state he was a bully in the locker room.

And his potato chips suck.

May he forever fly in 31E.

Last edited by CZAMFlyer; Aug 15, 2017 at 8:41 am
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:29 am

Wow harsh!

IDK about OP, but my point is that you'd need to be a pretty hardcore fan to recognize any hockey player out of uniform and out of context.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
IDK about OP, but my point is that you'd need to be a pretty hardcore fan to recognize any hockey player out of uniform and out of context.
My grandma could recognize Wayne Gretzky in plain clothes and she didn't know what hockey is.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:44 am

My grandma could recognize Wayne Gretzky in plain clothes and she didn't know what hockey is.
You aren't disproving my point. I could recognize Gretzky, Sid and Messier. But I would neither recognize or care if the first line of last years championship team (... ever that was) sat beside me.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You aren't disproving my point. I could recognize Gretzky, Sid and Messier. But I would neither recognize or care if the first line of last years championship team (... ever that was) sat beside me.
Not even Sid the Kid?

Ben Smith (not the hockey player) just now on 415.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 15, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:40 pm

Not even Sid the Kid?
He was #2 on my list.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He was #2 on my list.
Sure, and I'm guessing Malkin is somewhere in your top 10 then!

Anyway whatever. Carrying on...
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Well, not Canadian...but in Canada---

Gene Simmons at the YYZ Domestic MLL- just now.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Canadian Olympic Gold Medallist Beckie Scott at YYC yesterday afternoon.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
Colin Baker (6th Doctor Who), flew 823 from LHR-YYT yesterday, was meeting an international student at the airport and he was first through customs!

Just realised I posted this with a random quote. Ooops

Last edited by moorw003; Aug 25, 2017 at 10:15 pm
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:56 pm

September 10,
8888 YXY-YVR
Cellist Brian Yoon and pianist Lorraine Min from Victoria, BC.

They and the Cello sat in economy.

CBC Music describes cellist Brian Yoon as “Canada’s next cello superstar”. Steinway Artist and critically acclaimed pianist, Lorraine Min has dazzled audiences with her poetic artistry and dynamic virtuosity. They are very excited to join us for their first visit to The Yukon!

http://whitehorseconcerts.com/whiteh...season-lineup/
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by tracon
September 10,
8888 YXY-YVR
Cellist Brian Yoon and pianist Lorraine Min from Victoria, BC.

They and the Cello sat in economy.

CBC Music describes cellist Brian Yoon as “Canada’s next cello superstar”. Steinway Artist and critically acclaimed pianist, Lorraine Min has dazzled audiences with her poetic artistry and dynamic virtuosity. They are very excited to join us for their first visit to The Yukon!

http://whitehorseconcerts.com/whiteh...season-lineup/
Thanks for the description of the celebrities. Too many times I have no clue who the celebrities in this thread are or why they are famous(ish).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: aeroplan SE, Fairmont Platinum. Starwood nobody
September 11,
AC232 YVR YEG
Celebrity Chef Vikram Vij
He sat in J next to an AC captain. Chatted with other passengers in J. seems friendly and genuinely interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.