Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Friday afternoon flight from YOW to YYC...I think half of the J cabin is made up of Alberta MPs- Pat Kelly, Martin Shields, Stephanie Kusie, Kevin Sorenson and others...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Ottawa to Toronto today, Andrew Scheer in J.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: *A 50K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
David Suzuki Wednesday morning in Toronto MLL Domestic.
- wanted to punch him
FlyingFelix and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Chinesecowboy88
David Suzuki Wednesday morning in Toronto MLL Domestic.
- wanted to punch him
LOL
Was he being loud or something

I've seen him a couple of times in the NRT ground level NH *G lounge but never felt like punching him.
marke190 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad

I've seen him a couple of times in the NRT ground level NH *G lounge but never felt like punching him.
Seen him on a few flights. FA was in awe, "yes that is Dr. Suzuki " He is SEMM BTW. Also in the lounge maybe at YYC.

Ditto about punching... Not sure why one has to be so emotional? Treatment might help?
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: *A 50K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
Seen him on a few flights. FA was in awe, "yes that is Dr. Suzuki " He is SEMM BTW. Also in the lounge maybe at YYC.

Ditto about punching... Not sure why one has to be so emotional? Treatment might help?
I'm from Alberta. Suzuki is such a hypcrite. He brags about being all green and about nature yet his actions are the opposite. Lots of information about him and his hypocrisy - pipelines and all that stuff. Not a fan of his.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chinesecowboy88
I'm from Alberta. Suzuki is such a hypcrite. He brags about being all green and about nature yet his actions are the opposite. Lots of information about him and his hypocrisy - pipelines and all that stuff. Not a fan of his.
Based at YYC here.

Anyway, disagreeing with someone is one thing. Wanting to punch him is another. That's how one ends up in jail if one does not deal with anger control, no?
CZAMFlyer, Jumper Jack and smallmj like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Assaulting somebody on a flight or lounge will ensure no opportunity for future celebrity sightings in the air, that's for certain.
Bohemian1 and smallmj like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Based at YYC here.

Anyway, disagreeing with someone is one thing. Wanting to punch him is another. That's how one ends up in jail if one does not deal with anger control, no?
Isn't that how cowboys resolve things, in the movies?😁
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Isn't that how cowboys resolve things, in the movies?😁
I thought they would have shot them, not just punch?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:45 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Wanting to punch someone and doing it are different things

That being said, I think the better way to punish hypocrites like that would be to make them actually live the lifestyles they preach.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Wanting to punch someone and doing it are different things

That being said, I think the better way to punish hypocrites like that would be to make them actually live the lifestyles they preach.
Eh, you don't want us to have fun anymore?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:08 pm

Based at YYC here.

As others have mentioned, he's hypocritical. Additionally, I have heard anecdotal stories from others that he gets preachy with people who aren't following the faith.

So, understand why people want to do it. Should the action said punch? Not likely. Should they film him and publicly shame his hypocrisy? Probably a better idea. I'm all for saving the environment, but how to do it should make sense.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
What is hypocritical about being an environmental advocate and flying in a commercial airplane - which is essentially public transport? One doesn't have to revert to stone-age living to practice a more sustainable lifestyle. It's ok to disagree with his message, but Dr. Suzuki is certainly not a hypocrite, even as a MM flyer.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Motorcade at YQB. Couldn't make out the flag, but I assume it was related to G7.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/m9eCB2GaFvufDgJy7
ympcc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.