Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 27, 2015, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: superangrypenguin
Calgary Mini Do

Note: Since these Do threads end up on the front page of FT, please note this Do is meant for those who primarily post on this Air Canada board. Thanks!

Your Co-Hosts!: adam.smith & superangrypenguin & 24left

[Date]: Monday July 20th
[Time]: 5:30pm
Location: Fairmont Palliser. Head to the Rimrock Restaurant, ask for the FlyerTalk party.

Food available off of two menus

1) Rimrock Rest. Menu: http://www.fairmont.com/palliser-calgary/dining/therimrock/
2) Oakroom Menu: http://www.fairmont.com/palliser-calgary/dining/the-oakroom/

[Confirmed]

Please note, the attendee list below is now locked. If you want to come to the event and are not on the list, please PM SAP and I'll see what I can do. But as of this moment, the attendee list is locked and confirmed. Thanks everyone!

Total count so far: 23 confirmed - 4 waitlisted

24left
supernotsoangrypenguin
stranger +1
adam.smith
gcashin
catgirl
WR Cage
cooleddie
rehoult
SearsTower
calgarytennis
fly_yag
Herpayvr
folkart
Wpgjetse
300rwhp
rataplan
nomadic.relief
fin 645
yyzn0m@d
King Chung Huang
Canuckmma

Please note, the attendee list below and above is now locked. If you want to come to the event and are not on the list, please PM SAP and I'll see what I can do. But as of this moment, the attendee list is locked and confirmed. Thanks everyone!

[Waitlisted]
yuls3dentari@n
prewrappedbacon
honeybees
PlaneWatcherYYC

[Regrets]
Lespoir (to be in San Antonio from July 17 to 24)
YXXFlyer -- Taking some ground time in BRU area.
SeanPeever - Work, but building something amazing.
Print Wikipost

July 20th - Calgary Mini Do!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm just kidding. I'm still going. I figured you'd spill some beans if I called your bluff without having to deal with email and PM shenanigans.

See you and the "mystery person" on the 20th.
Oh phew! Yay

You jerk
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All set to go.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Oh phew! Yay

You jerk
Btw, I don't know what the big deal is. It's just me. You've met me - just an orderinary chap doing his thing. I'm not some big wig financier/startup angel investor hot shot d0uchebag or whatever. Besides, I may end up hating everyone and just leave the DO early
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Stranger
All set to go.
Excellent

Btw, I don't know what the big deal is. It's just me. You've met me - just an orderinary chap doing his thing. I'm not some big wig financier/startup angel investor hot shot d0uchebag or whatever. Besides, I may end up hating everyone and just leave the DO early
Ordinary and chap cannot be in the same sentence with someone who flies like you

And...OR you might just be the one to close out the party
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:59 pm

I totally agree. I do not at all understand the fuss made about meeting one character or another. I haven't yet met you, and although I look forward to it because then I get to put a face to a [prolific poster] name, there are lots of other new faces I'll get to do that with too. It always intrigues me to find out how people got to be FT'ers and live the lives they do. And yes, you may well find me utterly boring or hate worthy and that's just fine too!

I have to say, I am also in on the "big surprise" and am quite interested to see if it has the "shock-and-awe-factor" or if it's more "huh, well that's interesting ... moving on". LOL
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
It always intrigues me to find out how people got to be FT'ers and live the lives they do.
You know what - I had never even thought of that. Absolutely agree here!! I gotta ask this about this more

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I have to say, I am also in on the "big surprise" and am quite interested to see if it has the "shock-and-awe-factor" or if it's more "huh, well that's interesting ... moving on". LOL
Hahaha. I figured you were in on it too I'm not flying alone to YYC either And I flew with that person yesterday to to YUL!

It's so great that so many people have now connected in real life! I have learned though that being passed out doesn't help
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
.....It's so great that so many people have now connected in real life! .....

Real life? What are you talking about, this is FT.

Oh wait, wrong forum....moving along.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
You know what - I had never even thought of that. Absolutely agree here!! I gotta ask this about this more

Hahaha. I figured you were in on it too I'm not flying alone to YYC either And I flew with that person yesterday to to YUL!

It's so great that so many people have now connected in real life! I have learned though that being passed out doesn't help
So when I arrive everyone will have FT handle name tags on, right?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:11 am

I will My SMD3 tags seems to keep coming in handy for that.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Bah I'm horrible at this but i really got to get around to getting nametags from Staples or whatever. Any volunteers?

Or maybe i'll just bring a permanent marker and ask people write their first name and FT handles on their forehead. Too bad i'm in a customer facing job... or that'd be HILARIOUS.

Or maybe I might just wear a shirt with penguins on it.

Oh boy. Many ideas now.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Sorry guys, I will not be able to make it on Sunday. Something came up and I have to go to LA.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Sorry guys, I will not be able to make it on Sunday. Something came up and I have to go to LA.
Damn! I really wanted to meet you

But the Do is on Monday, any hope?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Damn! I really wanted to meet you

But the Do is on Monday, any hope?
I will try.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
I will try.
Best of luck!!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
I'm looking forward to it. See you there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.