Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 27, 2015, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: superangrypenguin
Calgary Mini Do

Note: Since these Do threads end up on the front page of FT, please note this Do is meant for those who primarily post on this Air Canada board. Thanks!

Your Co-Hosts!: adam.smith & superangrypenguin & 24left

[Date]: Monday July 20th
[Time]: 5:30pm
Location: Fairmont Palliser. Head to the Rimrock Restaurant, ask for the FlyerTalk party.

Food available off of two menus

1) Rimrock Rest. Menu: http://www.fairmont.com/palliser-calgary/dining/therimrock/
2) Oakroom Menu: http://www.fairmont.com/palliser-calgary/dining/the-oakroom/

[Confirmed]

Please note, the attendee list below is now locked. If you want to come to the event and are not on the list, please PM SAP and I'll see what I can do. But as of this moment, the attendee list is locked and confirmed. Thanks everyone!

Total count so far: 23 confirmed - 4 waitlisted

24left
supernotsoangrypenguin
stranger +1
adam.smith
gcashin
catgirl
WR Cage
cooleddie
rehoult
SearsTower
calgarytennis
fly_yag
Herpayvr
folkart
Wpgjetse
300rwhp
rataplan
nomadic.relief
fin 645
yyzn0m@d
King Chung Huang
Canuckmma

Please note, the attendee list below and above is now locked. If you want to come to the event and are not on the list, please PM SAP and I'll see what I can do. But as of this moment, the attendee list is locked and confirmed. Thanks everyone!

[Waitlisted]
yuls3dentari@n
prewrappedbacon
honeybees
PlaneWatcherYYC

[Regrets]
Lespoir (to be in San Antonio from July 17 to 24)
YXXFlyer -- Taking some ground time in BRU area.
SeanPeever - Work, but building something amazing.
Print Wikipost

July 20th - Calgary Mini Do!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Surprises as in the "anon" guest is an FT-"her"?
I guess you'll just have to see
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I guess you'll just have to see
She'll be sitting on the port side of the table.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
She'll be sitting on the port side of the table.
You never know. You shouldn't be so sure
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:06 pm

Dammit, you guys are meeting up early?! Now I'm gonna have to finish this delicious Double Dragon IPA faster than intended.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Dammit, you guys are meeting up early?! Now I'm gonna have to finish this delicious Double Dragon IPA faster than intended.
Bunch of keeners

I gotta go and find a card for us to sign to say thanks to the Fairmont crew for pulling this off! Gah, anyways, I'm going to go do that, and then head downstairs. I wonder who this elusive guest is
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Great turnout

On behalf of all of the Do organizers, thanks everyone who came to the event! Many great conversations and it's always great to have events where we get to meet and know each other!

Tomorrow I'll be sure to share the card we signed for the Fairmont team who went way above and beyond to accommodate us!

Until next time!

Safe travels everyone!

Cheers,
SAP
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice meeting all of you.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Now back at YYC MLL... sorry had to leave a tad earlier to retrieve my stored luggage before the service closed!

Thanks again to SAP and the guy with the secret alias of adam.smith! Great turnout and sorry I didn't get a chance to meet all of you, but at least most of you. I always learn something new or find out about something interesting from you crazy travel people (me included)

Food was yum!

... and it was great to finally meet the "anon" guest
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Couldn't make it because of another Do of sorts, but I just noticed Stranger came out?! I thought he never came out to these Dos! Or so he told me once!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Couldn't make it because of another Do of sorts, but I just noticed Stranger came out?! I thought he never came out to these Dos! Or so he told me once!
Oh he was here, and his other half (i'll leave it as "other" before Mrs. Stranger has a talk with Mr. Stranger and then they may just completely be strangers from the board).
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh he was here, and his other half (i'll leave it as "other" before Mrs. Stranger has a talk with Mr. Stranger and then they may just completely be strangers from the board).
I hope we didn't offend them...
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I hope we didn't offend them...
Man what do you say. You can't say better half, worse half, I left it as "other" half

Did you get the SPG thing that we talked about in YOW sorted out? Can you give 24L permission for me to email you instead of FT you? Or if not, we can keep this up too Whatever works
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Man what do you say. You can't say better half, worse half, I left it as "other" half

Did you get the SPG thing that we talked about in YOW sorted out? Can you tell 24L if you give her permission for me to email you instead of FT you? Or if not, we can keep this up too
No, I thought they left early? I wasn't in on the conversations they might have had with others around them.

Re: SPG - not yet - I'll email my ambassador once she gets back from vacay.

As for your permission question, I did not understand it.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

No, I thought they left early? I wasn't in on the conversations they might have had with others around them.

Re: SPG - not yet - I'll email my ambassador once she gets back from vacay.

As for your permission question, I did not understand it.
I edited the post...lol. Just let 24L know if it's OK for me to email you, lol.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Ok, so (please don't merge this post). For those that were at the Do, there were some talks about other places on FT that most of us don't venture to which may be of interest to us.

These places are: OMNI/PR (politics and religion). http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-pr-652/

And the other is OMNI: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni-457/

If you were in the convo about.....uhh. Nevermind. It's the match.com thread.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.