Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 27, 2015, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: superangrypenguin
Calgary Mini Do

Note: Since these Do threads end up on the front page of FT, please note this Do is meant for those who primarily post on this Air Canada board. Thanks!

Your Co-Hosts!: adam.smith & superangrypenguin & 24left

[Date]: Monday July 20th
[Time]: 5:30pm
Location: Fairmont Palliser. Head to the Rimrock Restaurant, ask for the FlyerTalk party.

Food available off of two menus

1) Rimrock Rest. Menu: http://www.fairmont.com/palliser-calgary/dining/therimrock/
2) Oakroom Menu: http://www.fairmont.com/palliser-calgary/dining/the-oakroom/

[Confirmed]

Please note, the attendee list below is now locked. If you want to come to the event and are not on the list, please PM SAP and I'll see what I can do. But as of this moment, the attendee list is locked and confirmed. Thanks everyone!

Total count so far: 23 confirmed - 4 waitlisted

24left
supernotsoangrypenguin
stranger +1
adam.smith
gcashin
catgirl
WR Cage
cooleddie
rehoult
SearsTower
calgarytennis
fly_yag
Herpayvr
folkart
Wpgjetse
300rwhp
rataplan
nomadic.relief
fin 645
yyzn0m@d
King Chung Huang
Canuckmma

Please note, the attendee list below and above is now locked. If you want to come to the event and are not on the list, please PM SAP and I'll see what I can do. But as of this moment, the attendee list is locked and confirmed. Thanks everyone!

[Waitlisted]
yuls3dentari@n
prewrappedbacon
honeybees
PlaneWatcherYYC

[Regrets]
Lespoir (to be in San Antonio from July 17 to 24)
YXXFlyer -- Taking some ground time in BRU area.
SeanPeever - Work, but building something amazing.
Print Wikipost

July 20th - Calgary Mini Do!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
yyzyesmad
*Golf Clap*
Almost as lame as my puns and play on words
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I just LOLd so hard Mrs. SAP came downstairs to figure out what the ruckus was about. //golf clap
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Looking forward to meeting everyone Great turnout!!

If anyone has any dietary information ahead of time please PM me and i'm happy to share those to the Fairmont team!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Cult classic. Retroactive Oscars for the pair.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
Can put me down as a maybe.. Will depend on a few things
Old Jul 11, 2015, 4:08 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PlaneWatcherYYC
Can put me down as a maybe.. Will depend on a few things
All done. Hope to see you there! ^
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So getting closer to the event now, just a quick few asks please because this is important!

1) For those in the waitlisted section, once you know if you are accepting/declining, please update!

2) For those that are in the confirmed section, please update the thread (and update the wiki) if you can't make it. I've been to a few Mini Do's now and there is sadly always people that can't make it. Obviously real life comes first but in this case, we really need to know since it's my reputation on the line with that hotel. If I say 25 people are showing up and 15 show up, well Fairmont has now put people to work expecting 25 when that place should have been closed, and that would look really bad on my part. (and upset a few waiters I'm sure)

So more notice is better, but even if it's the day of or an hour before, please either PM me or update the thread!

Looking forward to meeting those of you i've met before again and to those I haven't, I certainly can't wait!!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Bump. I need final #'s by say July 18th.

I gotta make sure #'s wise we're good to go. So if you are thinking about going, please post here. If you are thinking about not being to make it and are listed above, please post.

Etc etc. But let's just say, cutoff for this event is EOD July 18th.

Thanks all
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:00 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I've been largely off FT for the past couple of weeks due to lack of/poor quality Internet access, but great to see how big this has gotten and that the elusive yyznomad will join us! Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry guys, I can't make it anymore.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Sorry guys, I can't make it anymore.
OMG.

You also have no idea who else you just really let down. I can't say who until after the Do

(amongst others). This person has been DYING to meet you
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
OMG.

You also have no idea who else you just really let down. I can't say who until after the Do

(amongst others). This person has been DYING to meet you
LOL.

So that's what the "surprise" was?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
LOL.

So that's what the "surprise" was?
yep If that FT wasn't on a plane right now, that person would have posted.

I don't have the heart to tell that person, so i'll wait until they check FT themselves

(and one other surprise which b/c I can't PM/email you, I can't tell you)
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
yep If that FT wasn't on a plane right now, that person would have posted.

I don't have the heart to tell that person, so i'll wait until they check FT themselves

(and one other surprise which b/c I can't PM/email you, I can't tell you)
I'm just kidding. I'm still going. I figured you'd spill some beans if I called your bluff without having to deal with email and PM shenanigans.

See you and the "mystery person" on the 20th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.