Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dog in the MLL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:58 am
Formerly known as tireman77

On an allergy level, and a social level, I agree wholeheartedly. This person should have crated the animal, most of all after being asked to by the lounge agent.

That being said, out of curiosity, how is this a health risk?

How many millions of households have dogs in them? Are all those people risking their health?

The dog is on the floor, not on the counter and not in the kitchen (although I don't see what that would change either) Should the dog have an 'accident' its still on the floor. I've seen babies getting their diapers changed on tables (where people put their food). I'm 99.9% certain not everyone washes their hands after using the bathroom and I'll bet you dollars to donuts they use the same kitchen tongs, ladles and beer taps as everyone else does.

Its a public space and I'm pretty sure the humans who frequent it are a bigger health risk than the dog.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Its a public space and I'm pretty sure the humans who frequent it are a bigger health risk than the dog.
Why am I not surprised? Just wondering what took you so long.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Why am I not surprised? Just wondering what took you so long.
Don't forget I started by agreeing the dog should have been crated.

I almost added that AC doesn't overbook J, but I though that would be a little too 'out there'...
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyckerr
What's next?... Emotional support birds?
Apparently yes.

From DanielW's Northern Iraq TR
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Apparently yes.

From DanielW's Northern Iraq TR
Wow. Just Wow....

Can you imagine being on a flight and the guy next to you has giant bird of prey.

I'd keep my arm off the armrest for sure. Its all your's pal.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
mind = blown
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Wow. Just Wow....

Can you imagine being on a flight and the guy next to you has giant bird of prey.

I'd keep my arm off the armrest for sure. Its all your's pal.
It might be interesting to see how those birds would react to a small dog. Problem solved: it's a snack.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It might be interesting to see how those birds would react to a small dog. Problem solved: it's a snack.
LOL. ^
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:41 am

Awesome!!!!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I would bring a popcorn and watch
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Forgive me for taking a contrary view.

The underlying premise (that this is a pet or a "fake" service animal) is a large assumption. As an uninterested observer I cannot know. Further, I cannot say that the subject of this photo has not made the proper arrangements and is not acting within her rights.

Irrespective of that, unless the animal was drinking my beer, why would I care to intervene. These things are between the passenger concerned and the airline.

If I have my own disability (such as an animal allergy), it's my responsibility to inform the airline with some confidence that I'll be accommodated. AC, while far from perfect, is better than most with this.

As a passenger, if I want the airline to insulate me from others who merely irritate my sensibilities (pets, children, drunks, tea-totalers, hippies, or whatever) then I'm clearly unsuited to anything other than private aviation.

I frequently accompany a person with a disability in public. I am often stunned at the assumptions people make and the insensitive or outright mean comments they feel entitled to direct at me and my companion.

My advice is say "nice dog, enjoy your flight." You'll feel a better person for doing so.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
it's my responsibility to inform the airline with some confidence that I'll be accommodated. AC, while far from perfect, is better than most with this.
There was an article that basically said that either AC doesn't have to do this anymore or they were appealing something or something like that. Either or, allergy/sensitivities will not/are not respected. This is like an airline saying...hey, you need a wheelchair? You increase our cost, go get your own plane. That sounds ridiculous (which is the point)...it can't go both ways...imo...
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
There was an article that basically said that either AC doesn't have to do this anymore or they were appealing something or something like that. Either or, allergy/sensitivities will not/are not respected. This is like an airline saying...hey, you need a wheelchair? You increase our cost, go get your own plane. That sounds ridiculous (which is the point)...it can't go both ways...imo...
Air Canada's policy and procedures for severe pet allergies can be found here:
http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...tritional.html

AC's will make reasonable accommodations for passengers with disabilities or medical conditions.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
Air Canada's policy and procedures for severe pet allergies can be found here:
http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...tritional.html

AC's will make reasonable accommodations for passengers with disabilities or medical conditions.
The article that I read on FT (someone should dig it up given the relevance - i'm multi tasking on a team meeting) indicates that AC no longer would have to do so.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC E75; A3 *G; SPG PLAT; NEXUS
If I need need to take along an emotional support bottle of Laphroig I wonder if I can put a red cover on it and - problem solved !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.