Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dog in the MLL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RTW1
Mind your own business is always a good rule to live by if your not affected....
And what if one is? I am hyper sensitive to dogs. It makes my life hell. It doesn't kill me, but it does really affect me. What do you suggest I do?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
And what if one is? I am hyper sensitive to dogs. It makes my life hell. It doesn't kill me, but it does really affect me. What do you suggest I do?
Ditto............ I would have given her a couple of choices to make, neither of then would of been nice
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
In this case, it is a simple answer: it is a health code violation. Love, or hate, for dogs (or cats) doesn't matter. Allergies don't matter. The lounge staff should have just made the request once and then called airport security and told her she wouldn't be allowed to fly. Simple. It isn't personal, it isn't based on somebody's feelings, it doesn't matter if she is the most responsible dog owner in the world. If it isn't a service animal, it isn't allowed. Done.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Ditto............ I would have given her a couple of choices to make, neither of then would of been nice
One of my options would be to dropkick, not the dog (it doesn't know better), but the owner
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
I would have said something to her once and after that I most definitely would have called airport security. Either that, or accidentally dropped a cup of hot tea on her foot. Whoops!! Then we can see how emotionally supportive her dog is!!!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ridefar
In this case, it is a simple answer: it is a health code violation. Love, or hate, for dogs (or cats) doesn't matter. Allergies don't matter. The lounge staff should have just made the request once and then called airport security and told her she wouldn't be allowed to fly. Simple. It isn't personal, it isn't based on somebody's feelings, it doesn't matter if she is the most responsible dog owner in the world. If it isn't a service animal, it isn't allowed. Done.
This.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO777
This.
While I don't disagree, why are they allowed on planes then? (and I'm not referring to service animals, which I am more than happy to put up with due to their function)
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
You have it all wrong...

This is part of AC's new "Keep the MLL cleaner" action plan. The pooches are employed to roam the MLL and eat up all the dropped and discarded food & crumbs.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Should have left the dog at home! I am still all of banning pets (not service animals) in Airport/Planes!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ridefar
Bingo. I love pets and wouldn't be bothered by seeing them in an airport lounge, but it's absolutely a health code violation. The fact that the lounge attendant didn't bother doing anything about it is more worrisome than the owner's selfish behaviour.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JumboJet
I blame the parents
The dog's?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
The dog owner is an inconsiderate sort - the type of person that diminishes our collective travel experiences. But it seems violence is among the acceptable solutions to this issue. Kicking the owner or pouring hot water on her would open a world of new consequences to the person who dared try such a maneuver.
"Oh" will come the inevitable replies, "I was just kidding. Of course I'd never consider that".
Yeah, ha ha. You already have.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
This is crazy. I love dogs, but they don't belong in places where food is being served in the open. This begs the question how a service animal is somehow less of a risk in the same environment. It simply isn't. The whole system is broken.

Oh you have a service animal because you can't see? No problem, let us help you find a seat, and we'll go grab some food for you so the dog doesn't impact our health standards. Let us know if you need anything else.

The whole emotional support animal nonsense? Don't even get me started. What a joke. Here's a thought, instead of bringing your 100lb dog with you on a flight, take the bus, or better yet leave the dog at home and just bring your security blanket with you. Insensitive? Maybe... but where's the line? What's next? Emotional support cigarettes? Emotional support birds?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I'm not a dog person, but I think that's beside the point. I don't see the need for people to go everywhere with their dogs. Never a fan of pets of any kind in the cabin. But more and more now people are just walking around with their dogs in airports, malls, grocery stores. It's getting to be a bit much.

I honestly wouldn't have said anything because I'm a typical passive aggressive Canadian, but this would bother the crap out of me. If I accidentally kick that dog while walking around, I'm gonna get an earful. If she's sitting with it in a chair and the dog doesn't move or make noise...FINE I suppose, but taking it for a walk is too much, someone could trip over the leash, kick the dog, or the dog gets tangled in the luggage. There's no need for it.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I'm not a dog person, but I think that's beside the point. I don't see the need for people to go everywhere with their dogs. Never a fan of pets of any kind in the cabin. But more and more now people are just walking around with their dogs in airports, malls, grocery stores. It's getting to be a bit much.

I honestly wouldn't have said anything because I'm a typical passive aggressive Canadian, but this would bother the crap out of me. If I accidentally kick that dog while walking around, I'm gonna get an earful. If she's sitting with it in a chair and the dog doesn't move or make noise...FINE I suppose, but taking it for a walk is too much, someone could trip over the leash, kick the dog, or the dog gets tangled in the luggage. There's no need for it.
Congrats on your 1,000th post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.