Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I promise you it was 12. I do remember what he said .

I remember going to the back for some rum because they screwed up one of my drinks, wasting two rums. But you had the 12 from J.
Ok I defer to you. It makes logical sense that they would board more..

Was there ever mention of the number 6? I remember...6 something...

EDIT: I remember now. It's 6 per cart per gin/vodka etc. So they probably load two carts in J....making 12. Issue resolved

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Sep 5, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@sap

You're insane, buddy!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
We need limes, not just lemons. I like my G&T.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I like the woman in the middle. I don't know why.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YWG-RO
We need limes, not just lemons. I like my G&T.
Agreed!! I don't understand why they don't stock limes.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Man where do you find this stuff?
Isn't that the Virgin safety video?
Yup
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I like the woman in the middle. I don't know why.
I can think of a couple reasons...
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ffsim
I can think of a couple reasons...
Skinny middle seat people are all good.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Skinny middle seat people are all good.
Or an empty middle seat
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Agreed!! I don't understand why they don't stock limes.
Now there's an enhancement I can get behind!! I'd love to have lines available for my drinks ^
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:43 pm

Or an empty middle seat
Are you suggesting you'd rather have an empty seat than have her sitting in it?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffsim
Are you suggesting you'd rather have an empty seat than have her sitting in it?
Yeah...I hate the shoulder rubbing, the armrest wars...then again, if a very very pretty woman sat next to me, I would not be tranquil...I just ask for peace when I travel
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:47 pm

Yeah...I hate the shoulder rubbing, the armrest wars...then again, if a very very pretty woman sat next to me, I would not be tranquil...I just ask for peace when I travel
She doesn't look like she takes up much shoulder space

As for the armrests, you know those belong to the middle seat occupant, right? Both of them. It's only fair considering the window seat gets to lean towards the window and the aisle gets to stretch out.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Throw it back at them.

"How do you like it?!?!?!"

On another matter, in heading to SFO in shorts. And I'm going to take off my shoes.

And if I were on a narrow body, I'd put my feet on the bulkhead.
hey, me too

I mean, the SFO, not the disgusting part
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Regarding the recession, and the slight OT comments in the packed lounges thread, I'd like to ask two questions.

1) What's a safe industry that essentially immune from recession? I.e. what businesses aren't crapping their pants right now?

2) Regarding the tightening of travel during a recession....how do companies end up with higher than required costs? I.e. In 2008, travel was cut. But how was it allowed to creep up in 2009, 2010, 2011 etc?

Isn't it a fiduciary duty to cut costs where possible? That's why I'm confused when I read things like...the company is cutting travel. If it wasn't necessary in the first place...

Thoughts friends?

And this is "in general". I'm really hoping I don't get a...."well you buy H fares"....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.