Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Status Match - Success

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by keitherson
AFAIK, they're not treating me different than any other person that wrote in, unless you know something I don't??
No, you misunderstand me.

...I'm saying they don't care about you to exactly the same degree that they don't care about me, or anyone else.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by yvrgary

...I'm saying they don't care about you to exactly the same degree that they don't care about me, or anyone else.
That's just depressing
Old Jun 3, 2015, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
AFAIK, they're not treating me different than any other person that wrote in, unless you know something I don't??

Other people have gotten lengthy delays in getting any response from Air Canada.

And please, my business is not that value to Air Canada. I'm not a high-value passenger. Stop trying to label me as DYKWIA.
Status match only took a few weeks iirc for me..
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by yvrgary

My wifes match took between 10 to 15 days. Maybe they took so long getting back to you because they wanted to see some AC flights activity first.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
My wifes match took between 10 to 15 days. Maybe they took so long getting back to you because they wanted to see some AC flights activity first.
I eat my last quote. I just spent like 15 minutes digging up the email.

And I completely eat my words. My status match took 1 day. Requested in March, received in March, effective April (a month later) for travel for the rest of the year. (for the year I requested it)

What I did was I posted the following in my email. My travel started in January that year.

All PNR's indicative of travel prior to my status match
All PNR's indicative of travel that I had purchased but not completed post my status match request

Essentially, instantly granted. Wow, since AC reads this board, THANK YOU again.

EDIT: The status match that I got was from an airline I won't say on here BUT it was done SEVERAL years ago, NOT this year. Sorry for any confusion!

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jun 3, 2015 at 9:43 am
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I eat my last quote. I just spent like 15 minutes digging up the email.

And I completely eat my words. My status match took 1 day. Requested in March, received in March, effective April (a month later) for travel for the rest of the year. (for the year I requested it)

What I did was I posted the following in my email. My travel started in January that year.

All PNR's indicative of travel prior to my status match
All PNR's indicative of travel that I had purchased but not completed post my status match request

Essentially, instantly granted. Wow, since AC reads this board, THANK YOU again.
I see you can Talk the Talk and Walk the Walk. It seems AC has figured out the people that can only do the talking.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Makes sense to me. I've had them break rules for me, but it was in relation to buying a $9000 flight pass.

I made my request.
2 minutes later: We'll look into it.
1 minute later: Can't do it.
69 minutes later: We're making an exception.

Show them why it's beneficial for them to do it, and they'll do it.

"Give me SE because I'm 1K" is not likely to get you anywhere.
"Give me SE because I'm 1K and have $15k of non-refundable tickets on AC metal booked for the remainder of the year" will likely get a very different response.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
That's just depressing
its a blessing wait till next years cuts.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Makes sense to me. I've had them break rules for me, but it was in relation to buying a $9000 flight pass.

I made my request.

"Give me SE because I'm 1K and have $15k of non-refundable tickets on AC metal booked for the remainder of the year" will likely get a very different response.
They've never matched to SE though, so even $15k would get you nowhere.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:59 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by canadiancow

I made my request.

Wouldn't "Give me SE because I'm 1K and am on the verge of purchasing $15k of non-refundable tickets on AC metal booked for the remainder of the year"

If you've already bought the non-refundable tickets, their motivation to give you the perk is not as strong, no?

(bolding mine)
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PLeblond
Wouldn't "Give me SE because I'm 1K and am on the verge of purchasing $15k of non-refundable tickets on AC metal booked for the remainder of the year"

If you've already bought the non-refundable tickets, their motivation to give you the perk is not as strong, no?

(bolding mine)
What? It demonstrates commitment. Sure AC could go...well he bought it anyways so screw him (cue Mr. Burns laughter) but the customer has shown AC goodwill, maybe AC should do the same (as they did for me). Where do you think the initial SAP AC apologist came from? Sure they've given me more perspective post the Altitude changes but extending goodwill to a customer goes a LONG way.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly
its a blessing wait till next years cuts.
Does this mean you may leave the AC FT site permanently?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:53 am

What? It demonstrates commitment. Sure AC could go...well he bought it anyways so screw him (cue Mr. Burns laughter) but the customer has shown AC goodwill, maybe AC should do the same (as they did for me). Where do you think the initial SAP AC apologist came from? Sure they've given me more perspective post the Altitude changes but extending goodwill to a customer goes a LONG way.
You've already committed to AC in that case, so why do they need to give you something. Its like asking for a discount after you've agreed to a transaction price.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PLeblond
You've already committed to AC in that case, so why do they need to give you something. Its like asking for a discount after you've agreed to a transaction price.
Why? Because the barrier to switching is still relatively low. I would not have achieved status with AC even if I flew all the PNRs I had upcoming. If AC annoyed me for some reason, id go to WS and hit status with them instead. But if I had status with AC (via match) I would have thought twice (and I did) / and stayed.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:18 am

Why? Because the barrier to switching is still relatively low. I would not have achieved status with AC even if I flew all the PNRs I had upcoming. If AC annoyed me for some reason, id go to WS and hit status with them instead. But if I had status with AC (via match) I would have thought twice (and I did) / and stayed.
So you are suggesting that the person who has already invested $15,000 in non-refundable tickets, will more than likely be well on their way to achieving status after that expenditure, is going to throw all of that away and go to Westjet because AC didn't do a status match?

I'm pretty sure that person has already showed their hand and its not worth offering any more. They're already committed. Hook, line and sinker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.