Search

Air Canada Status Match - Success

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse

Originally Posted by Allvest
Maybe Ben should take Sundays off.
I like Ben being on FT at anytime. Maybe you should be the one taking Sundays off. Entitlement seems to be a problem on FT and what I see, Ben is not the problem.
+1 completely agree!! ^

in this case, more than a Sunday off is probably in order.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
They are not getting value out of it, because the majority of the time, the pax that are requesting status matching have no real value to AC. These pax only add to their costs. It has nothing to do with the job AC is doing. Forget US carriers, there product is well below AC's product from J class to lounges. Their lounges have limited food and charge for drinks in most cases. Most Asian and European airlines require real proof before matching status, shouldn't AC require proof too. Want Status match, start flying AC and then apply. It's worked for my wife.
They do ask for proof. You have to send a copy of your card as well as statements.

Asian and European airlines are not more stringent than American ones. In fact, they are even more generous. Turkish and airberlin have been doing full status matches for a while. Czech Airlines does a full status match pending you send in a form and upcoming booking. Air China does a full status match and doesn't even require a booking. Cathay Pacific also does full status matches if you have a competing Asian carrier membership or upcoming bookings.

In fact, only US airlines do challenges, along with some other ones like Virgin Atlantic. (they match you to silver and then put you on a fast-track)

AC also does require proof. You don't just get status for free, I'm not sure where you are getting your misconceptions from.

Originally Posted by jaysona
+1 completely agree!! ^

in this case, more than a Sunday off is probably in order.
Agreed, Ben definitely has nerves of steel to continually post here and I applaud him. I don't even want to imagine what's in his PM inbox.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
[QUOTE=keitherson;24909416]They do ask for proof. You have to send a copy of your card as well as statements.

Asian and European airlines are not more stringent than American ones. In fact, they are even more generous. Turkish and airberlin have been doing full status matches for a while. Czech Airlines does a full status match pending you send in a form and upcoming booking. Air China does a full status match and doesn't even require a booking. Cathay Pacific also does full status matches if you have a competing Asian carrier membership or upcoming bookings.

In fact, only US airlines do challenges, along with some other ones like Virgin Atlantic. (they match you to silver and then put you on a fast-track)

AC also does require proof. You don't just get status for free, I'm not sure where you are getting your misconceptions from.

Agreed, Ben definitely has nerves of steel to continually post here and I applaud him. I don't even want to imagine what's in his PM

She started flying AC before asking. They had her current flight records for A and on her app. for status match, she sent in her statement from another airline.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:58 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE=keitherson;24909416]They do ask for proof. You have to send a copy of your card as well as statements.

Many try to get it for free.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I second keitherson. Yes, AC requires proof. They required me to send me a copy of my [insert airline here] elite card.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by keitherson
They do ask for proof. You have to send a copy of your card as well as statements.

Agreed, Ben definitely has nerves of steel to continually post here and I applaud him. I don't even want to imagine what's in his PM inbox.
So is this a thinly veiled referendum on my posting privileges?

As far as I am concerned AC reps deserve no slack for spreading hogwash and outright untruths here.

Look at the dirty airplane thread. Total joke.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:13 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

As far as I am concerned AC reps deserve no slack for spreading hogwash and outright untruths here.

Where's the repeat button on your posts. I think its stuck on "repeat". Still waiting for something new and different.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Where's the repeat button on your posts. I think its stuck on "repeat". Still waiting for something new and different.
+1
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Groundhog Day!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite

I would humbly suggest that if you do not like what you read and you believe another FTer poster is writing something that you don't believe is true to simply hit ignore.

As far as the dirty airplane thread goes, while it hasn't resolved 100% of the issues, I would politely say that there has been some improvements when matters were brought to Ben's attention.

Anyways, back to the subject matter at hand, which is status matches - Ben: since the program has been shelved, are you able to share a time frame in which it might be open again? Could you perhaps share, even with the old AC program, what it would take to successfully match? That would give us great insight as to what the old program was, and if appropriate, perhaps a time frame to see when one might even bother trying again. Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
I much prefer to know what I'm getting, and punctual service. They're not getting what they want out of it, because they're doing it wrong.

If anything, the entire thing should be set up like a challenge similar to what every US carrier does: AA/DL/UA/B6/VX. Even F9 does a challenge. The only carrier that does a full status match is AS.
You're still stuck on this idea that they have any interest in matching.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yvrgary
Because it's the only way he will get status.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:50 pm

They did match me. It expired. They botched it. But you already knew that.
Because it's the only way he will get status.
lol
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
They did match me. It expired. They botched it. But you already knew that.
...they didn't "botch it" so much as "they made it quite clear that they really didn't care in the first place".

Hard to fault them for "not winning over your business" when they weren't particularly trying to do that, at all.

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
We haven't found many of those we've matched have actually flown with us (and instead simply use the status for upgrades and lounge access, etc.).
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:24 pm

...they didn't "botch it" so much as "they made it quite clear that they really didn't care in the first place".

Hard to fault them for "not winning over your business" when they weren't particularly trying to do that, at all.
AFAIK, they're not treating me different than any other person that wrote in, unless you know something I don't??

Other people have gotten lengthy delays in getting any response from Air Canada.

And please, my business is not that value to Air Canada. I'm not a high-value passenger. Stop trying to label me as DYKWIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.