Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by teriyaki
Correct. In-branch and phone applications only atm. Try to head to your local branch if you've got one, they'll be happy to help you out. I've heard the Visa centre wait times are getting pretty long.
Does this actually mean that they will waive the fee for the privilege card ($399) if I apply at the branch? When I called they would not waive the fee, even with one of their all-inclusive accounts.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:13 pm

Anyone know how long it takes to get the bonus AP points into the account. Need them ASAP for a trip I'm waiting to book.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
I don't think they are waiving the fee on the Privilege. I tried unsuccessfully
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Safti
Anyone know how long it takes to get the bonus AP points into the account. Need them ASAP for a trip I'm waiting to book.
Don't hold your breath, it will be a billing cycle. All cards earning airline points only make once monthly deposits. The only cards I know that give quasi instantaneous bonus miles (subject to meeting spend thresholds) are Amex MR cards as your mileage counter updates in quasi real time and can be moved over to AP at will within seconds.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:25 pm

statement date
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Is it possible that CIBC is committed to the agreed number of accounts to be transferred and therefore even the folks that have other business are affected.
It's funny. I only have a CIBC Aergold Visa Infinite card, and have never had any other business with CIBC. I haven't received a physical letter or gotten a notice in the online message centre.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Does this actually mean that they will waive the fee for the privilege card ($399) if I apply at the branch? When I called they would not waive the fee, even with one of their all-inclusive accounts.
Did u try to get it reduced to 279?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: Former AC SE, AC50KMM lifetime, IC Plat Ambassador, Fairmont Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Tried to get FYF on Privilege and then a reduction of $120 as suggested by other posters. Agent stated that nobody is being offered a discount. The extra benefits make up for any discount or waiver. Some of the benefits (other than the signing bonus) I already enjoy but the bonus miles for purchases will make up for any differential in the yearly fees. Would have been nice to have both. Will try again if others get a discount on this thread or when it comes time for renewal.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:45 pm

maybe it's worth it to go for the Business Card as the fee is $149 and bonus is 20K AP points. Will they waive the fee on the business card?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Yes. Business card is first year fee free.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: MR Plat
Ugh, got the notice of transfer.

Maybe I'll just re-apply to Aerogold Infinite and cancel the transferred card as the annual fee comes up.

Would it be too late now to call into CIBC and try to get the $120 credit?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:17 am
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
Applied for and received Infinite Privilege card. Called to enroll in Hilton Diamond status and was informed that as of yesterday, they are no longer partnering with Hilton nor offering that benefit.

Main website has been updated (not the Visa Infinite Privilege site yet, and there is no link the register with Hilton via the Infinite Privilege concierge site.

Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by YYZ
Applied for and received Infinite Privilege card. Called to enroll in Hilton Diamond status and was informed that as of yesterday, they are no longer partnering with Hilton nor offering that benefit.

Main website has been updated (not the Visa Infinite Privilege site yet, and there is no link the register with Hilton via the Infinite Privilege concierge site.

I would complain in this case and ask for at least part of the fee back.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by YYZ

That basically completely guts the primary reason for the Privilege.

Did they say what was replacing Hilton Diamond? Quite the 180 degree change.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:32 am

Aeroplan Transaction History

Check your Aeroplan transaction history as well.

My statement just came out and I see the following. I am still 'with' CIBC but flagged for TD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.