Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Front page of FT this morning I saw.. Hilton is no longer offering a fixed point option as of this morning. Not sure how this affects the value of Premier card.
Change was announced in Nov, just went in effect Jan 6th
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...tions-faq.html

Bottom line, means moving to spend based points only. Impact is on customers who only use cheapest hotel product.

Good write up on Hilton program changes here:
http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...ive-january-6/

They are thinning their herd from their HH program
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by xLuther
Change was announced in Nov, just went in effect Jan 6th
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/promot...tions-faq.html

Bottom line, means moving to spend based points only. Impact is on customers who only use cheapest hotel product.

Good write up on Hilton program changes here:
http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...ive-january-6/

They are thinning their herd from their HH program
The benefit of the Hilton Diamond program is the ability to double dip. My initial reading wasn't clear if this ability has been struck.

Sounds like the lower end users who count on fixed rate airline mile bonuses are affected. My assumption though, is that the double dipping is still there, which is the Hilton Diamond main stay feature, but based on variable $$ spent.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:34 am

The benefit of the Hilton Diamond program is the ability to double dip. My initial reading wasn't clear if this ability has been struck.

Sounds like the lower end users who count on fixed rate airline mile bonuses are affected. My assumption though, is that the double dipping is still there, which is the Hilton Diamond main stay feature, but based on variable $$ spent.
Yes, double dip still there ( a good one I think) For every $1 USD spend 10 HH points and 1 AP points ( if you pick Pints and Miles) plus 25% HH points if Gold , 50% if Diamond.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by xLuther
Yes, double dip still there ( a good one I think) For every $1 USD spend 10 HH points and 1 AP points ( if you pick Pints and Miles) plus 25% HH points if Gold , 50% if Diamond.
So if a Hilton Diamond, the 50% more applies to HH points only, or both HH and AP points. Sounds from your statement its both.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:41 am

So if a Hilton Diamond, the 50% more applies to HH points only, or both HH and AP points. Sounds from your statement its both.
HH only for bonus, AP points = spend $ only
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:02 am
Suspended

Switching gears.. I've clicked on the Aeroplan Privilege Visa link top of the page, and I can't find the Hilton Diamond and FPC Platinum accelerated status as a listed benefit, that has been discussed in this thread. Is this an unpublished benefit, or another TD card (not Privilege) all together?

https://visainfinite.ca/privilege/infiniteprivilege.jsp

I guess it has to do more with Infinite Privilege benefits..

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Jan 7, 2014 at 11:08 am
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:15 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I currently have the TD Infinite First Class Travel Card, and Select Service (or whatever the 5k balance checking is called these days)

My Visa fees are waived. Can I switch to the Aeroplan card, what fees are waived on the Privilege?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Switching gears.. I've clicked on the Aeroplan Privilege Visa link top of the page, and I can't find the Hilton Diamond and FPC Platinum accelerated status as a listed benefit, that has been discussed in this thread. Is this an unpublished benefit, or another TD card (not Privilege) all together?

https://visainfinite.ca/privilege/infiniteprivilege.jsp

I guess it has to do more with Infinite Privilege benefits..
On the TD Aeroplan card page,
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...ilege-card.jsp
down toward the bottom, it says:
"Exclusive Benefits with Visa Infinite Privilege" and one of those items is
"Hotel Benefits".

When you click that, you get (at least in my browser) a popup
Visa Infinite Privilege Hotel Benefits

With your Visa Infinite Privilege Card, you’re assured that every hotel stay, everywhere you travel in the world, will be simply extraordinary. Choose a property with confidence from the Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection, our handpicked portfolio of over 900 of the world’s most prestigious properties. Plus, enjoy the option of enrolling in or upgrading to elevated membership in Fairmont President’s Club. For details, visit visainfinite.ca/privilegeundefined.

Following THAT link, you get to a page that requires a login, or a further link that takes you to the site you mention. From that, it very indirectly, obliquely, whispers that there is Hilton membership tied to the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege card.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Let's 'flyquiet' under the radar.

Nice find super sleuths.. 99.9% of the public wouldn't know this. Definitely not by looking at the benefits outlined on the Privilege offering. I wonder if the agents whose handling the application knows about these benefits. I wonder if TD execs know?

The Plat5 similar Fairmont program that Privilege offering is having me consider not applying for AeroPlat at all. Simply overlap in the benefits.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
So there is still no online FYF offer, right? Still phone/in branch?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
So there is still no online FYF offer, right? Still phone/in branch?
Yes and YMMV.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:29 pm

The Plat5 similar Fairmont program that Privilege offering is having me consider not applying for AeroPlat at all. Simply overlap in the benefits.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Amex Plat5 was five nights, whereas this Visa Plat5 is five stays.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:45 pm

just got my letter from CIBC today and i'm a bit confused as to what's going on.......

a bit of history/info..
-I have banking with PC financial but I don't have any banking ties with CIBC other than their CC
-i applied for the aerogold around jan 2013 when they had a FYF promo
-cancelled the aerogold around june 2013, reapplied again because they were offering FYF but this time I got the aerogold infinite

so my questions are......why am I getting a letter for a cancelled card and why am I "staying" with cibc even though I have no banking ties? i have not received anything yet with regards to my aerogold infinite. strange.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by w000t
just got my letter from CIBC today and i'm a bit confused as to what's going on.......

a bit of history/info..
-I have banking with PC financial but I don't have any banking ties with CIBC other than their CC
-cancelled the aerogold around june 2013, reapplied again because they were offering FYF but this time I got the aerogold infinite

so my questions are......why am I getting a letter for a cancelled card and why am I "staying" with cibc even though I have no banking ties? i have not received anything yet with regards to my aerogold infinite. strange.
The more confusing part to me is the 20% discount for market fare tickets, is it mean you can get the discount if you have the card even without Silver status?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by w000t

a bit of history/info..

Maybe a bit strange. Most likely your account went over to TD in a close file format as you can always reactivate upto some time after closure. When RBC took over the Optimum Visa, I had the letter from RBC about stuff but it was long canceled with MBNA. Some regulation or something. I called to make sure its not active and was told everything is fine card is closed etc. Other stuff I did not listen to what the rep said to remember. You will be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.