Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I like that the priority benefits are ONLY when on a points ticket. That makes perfect sense!
And only to the named cardholder at that!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
I wonder if the benefits will carry over to others on the same award ticket booking (i.e. spouse)?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Utterly underwhelmed, looks like more of the same. Because there are not already enough people in the MLLs?

Where did you pull the ad form? I would like to look at the T&C.

Far more interested in the new Amex card.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by seanman571
they have also have noted Priority Check-in, Boarding and MLL Access on Aeroplan flight awards.
If I redeem a business class award flight, don't Priority Check-in, Boarding and MLL Access automatically come with it?

What are they saying?

Now even economy class award flight gets those perks too?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by markandrew
Utterly underwhelmed, looks like more of the same. Because there are not already enough people in the MLLs?

Far more interested in the new Amex card.
Mark I would argue that there never was going to be any innovation on the purchase transition by TD. If they'd planned to innovate and felt that they could create a niche or improve on the other travel cards that are out there then TD likely wouldn't have purchased the portfolio from CIBC.

I also have a serious issue with having my account sold to another company I never agreed to do business with. So my girlfriend and I cancelled our cards in the hopes that should we elect to apply for a card from TD we might get a few points out of it by being "new customers".

FWIW I only see TD offering 15k without a waiver. They just spent a ton of cash on a client base and they won't see AMEX's offerings as a threat due to the perception by infrequent travelers and many middle class that AMEX is for the more well off folks out there.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by markandrew
Info and T&Cs found here:http://distinction.aeroplan.com/en click on "CO-BRANDED CREDIT CARDS"

TD T&Cs: http://distinction.aeroplan.com/asse...egal_td_en.pdf
CIBC T&Cs: http://distinction.aeroplan.com/asse...al_cibc_en.pdf

It will be interesting to see what the new Amex cards will be. The gold will have to compete with these benefits and the Plat will need to step up the offerings. IMO
Old Dec 5, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Clipper801
If I redeem a business class award flight, don't Priority Check-in, Boarding and MLL Access automatically come with it?

What are they saying?

Now even economy class award flight gets those perks too?
If that's the case, then they're going to alienate their higher revenue pax as well now. Priority check in, boarding and the MLLs are already crowded enough.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by yvr76
If that's the case, then they're going to alienate their higher revenue pax as well now. Priority check in, boarding and the MLLs are already crowded enough.
Priority check-in, MLL access and 7-day medical used to be an optional feature of the CIBC Aerogold for $189 per year. It was called CIBC Club Privileges Travel.

A long time ago, a 2 for 1 voucher also comes with the card and it was one of the best features. Amex used to get it too.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:53 am

Interesting that Aeroplan disclosed this in advance, although there is WAY too much vagueness in the incomplete T's & C's for the cards.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:05 pm

I think it was more of a teaser than anything. They didn't mention annual fee or anything else major related to either card.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:11 pm

They will probably wave the first year since alot of other major credit card players will probably bring out good deals so they will want to match and not assume people will just automatically sign up for TD.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by seanman571
I wonder if the benefits will carry over to others on the same award ticket booking (i.e. spouse)?
This is the first question that came to my mind, with first mention of MLL access. It'll be nice to have at least a paid option for spouse, or travelling party.

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Priority check-in, MLL access and 7-day medical used to be an optional feature of the CIBC Aerogold for $189 per year. It was called CIBC Club Privileges Travel.

A long time ago, a 2 for 1 voucher also comes with the card and it was one of the best features. Amex used to get it too.
Aeroplat still has a shorthual 2 for 1 benefit.. or do you mean another 2 for 1 voucher that is no longer offered on any Amex? There is still the full fare premium class option IIRC on Amex Plat.

I don't recall a 2 for 1 voucher for any CIBC AE Visa. Was it redeemable for any flight? How long ago was this offered?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Platinum, Cathay Pacific Gold, club carlson Gold, Le club Accor Platinum
deleted

Last edited by supremekai; Dec 6, 2013 at 1:13 am
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:12 am

"Earn 1.5 Aeroplan Miles on purchases (excluding returns) at merchants classified in the credit card network as grocery stores, service stations/automated gas dispensers or drug stores.

This bonus Aeroplan Miles offer is only available on the first $80,000 in net annual card purchases on your account (meaning all card purchases by all cardholders, at any type of merchant)."

I guess most mortals wouldn't spend $80,000 per year in these retailers, but there would probably be a lot of A-List cardholders, like a fleet manager, who actually might.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by methodman
"Earn 1.5 Aeroplan Miles on purchases (excluding returns) at merchants classified in the credit card network as grocery stores, service stations/automated gas dispensers or drug stores.

This bonus Aeroplan Miles offer is only available on the first $80,000 in net annual card purchases on your account (meaning all card purchases by all cardholders, at any type of merchant)."

I guess most mortals wouldn't spend $80,000 per year in these retailers, but there would probably be a lot of A-List cardholders, like a fleet manager, who actually might.
This is shooting themselves in their own foot not offering bonus points past $80K of all spending. I spend more than this amount, but I would never plug it on a Visa nowadays, as I earn up to 50% more points running transactions through Amex. With the Aeroplat, its 1.25 points up to $25K of transactions within the year, and 1.50 points thereafter. With the regular Amex card, points can be converted on bonus promos to Avios, and the card regularly earns 1.25 MR points per dollar spent. No limit on Gold Card Amex bonuses neither.

This feature further limits attracting high cc spenders. I just don't get the logic at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.