Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by YYCNoob
I did not even have to visit a branch to pick up the card. Wonder what changed.
They told me that my address was added too recently to their system and that I had to visit a branch.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by smallmj
They told me that my address was added too recently to their system and that I had to visit a branch.
I had to pickup my TD card at a branch for the same reason (recent address change)
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:04 pm

Email offer today, 10x/15/20x TD CC spend on AC/AC vacations between now and Oct 1 for travel to June 30, 2022, up to $1000.

Requires registration.

As always, do read the (copious) fine print.

Last edited by kalderlake; Aug 23, 2021 at 6:02 pm
Old Aug 28, 2021, 8:30 am

No Aeroplan points from credit card showing

Hello, i'm new to this community. I had signed up for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card and got myself setup on Aeroplan's website. Its been about a month, and have already got a statement on my visa showing points earned, but on the Aeroplan website/app it shows 0pts. Do points show up at a certain interval or should I be calling Aeroplan to see if there is an issue?
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Midnight Snacks
Hello, i'm new to this community. I had signed up for the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card and got myself setup on Aeroplan's website. Its been about a month, and have already got a statement on my visa showing points earned, but on the Aeroplan website/app it shows 0pts. Do points show up at a certain interval or should I be calling Aeroplan to see if there is an issue?
I am unable to assist you, however I just wanted to say that with this being your first post, Welcome to FT.
SidK likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: IHG Gold
TD Points usually show up one or two business days after your statement date. Make sure TD has your Aeroplan number correctly listed.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: AE
Does the Aeroplan number on your monthly statement from TD match the number you have set up? If it does, as mapleg noted, it usually takes about 2 business days to show up in your Aeroplan account. If it is different you need to contact Aeroplan so they can merge your accounts.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:39 pm

Thanks for the responses. I called Aeroplan and the rep told me that she could see that my credit card was linked to Aeroplan on the date that I got the card, but no points. My Aeroplan number is the same number that appears on my CC bill. She said that initially it could take 6-8 weeks to sync up and that TD sends them points once per month. That seems pretty inefficient to me, but I'll see what happens. My main concern was that my spending wasn't being counted as I'm trying to get the welcome bonus and convert my buddy pass to points before the deadline which she said was Nov 30.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:27 am

Nexus credit

I tried calling in to TD to ask this but information is limited…

if I’m the only cardholder on the account, am I only eligible for $50 in NEXUS credits? I want to apply for two accounts but the terms an conditions say I only get the amount of credits per cardholder - so one card with one cardholder gets one credit of $50. To get the full $100, would there have to be two cardholders on the account?

They also provided NO info on how to claim the rebate when I phoned…

hoping to apply (or not) by this weekend so if anyone knows that’d be great. It’s not a big deal paying $50 and getting two NEXUSSES out of it but it’d be nice to hear if anyone’s experienced it.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It's an automatic statement credit when you charge it to your card.
bual likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 9:36 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
Thanks for the responses. I called Aeroplan and the rep told me that she could see that my credit card was linked to Aeroplan on the date that I got the card, but no points. My Aeroplan number is the same number that appears on my CC bill. She said that initially it could take 6-8 weeks to sync up and that TD sends them points once per month. That seems pretty inefficient to me, but I'll see what happens. My main concern was that my spending wasn't being counted as I'm trying to get the welcome bonus and convert my buddy pass to points before the deadline which she said was Nov 30.
In my experience, the points post a day or so after statement date. I've had no issue with them not counting my spending. Getting your buddy pass to post quickly after you reach the criteria is another issue. There are many reports of late buddy pass posting to Aeroplan.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by muskoka
My new TD Aeroplan Infinite card was active Apr 10, and I reached the $1000 level on the first billing cycle.
I received the 20,000 bonus points within 1 month, but its now been 3 months & still no Buddy pass in my Aeroplan
account. The promo says 8 weeks but now 12 & counting. Whats been the experiences here with TD?
Did you end up getting it?
My wife got her bonus points on June 10, but still no buddy pass... almost at 3 months
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by marktwothousand
I tried calling in to TD to ask this but information is limited…

if I’m the only cardholder on the account, am I only eligible for $50 in NEXUS credits? I want to apply for two accounts but the terms an conditions say I only get the amount of credits per cardholder - so one card with one cardholder gets one credit of $50. To get the full $100, would there have to be two cardholders on the account?

They also provided NO info on how to claim the rebate when I phoned…

hoping to apply (or not) by this weekend so if anyone knows that’d be great. It’s not a big deal paying $50 and getting two NEXUSSES out of it but it’d be nice to hear if anyone’s experienced it.
You will get one credit only if you are the cardholder. Two only if other person also has a card (supplemental card)

You don't need to do anything about claiming the credit...in my case they issues an credit within about 2 days of the posting. (and the credit was for the CAD equivalent of the US $50 charge)
Old Sep 2, 2021, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I applied in May, received my points in June as well, and got my buddy pass on the 17/18th of August.

I was too lazy to call in and convert the points, so I treated a friend to a trip to Hawaii in early 2022.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Did you end up getting it?
My wife got her bonus points on June 10, but still no buddy pass... almost at 3 months
Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:07 am

So here’s my ongoing saga regarding the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege card.

After having the TD First Class Infinite card for the longest time I decided on July 14 to upgrade to the AP Infinite Privilege. I called and confirmed I was eligible for all the new sign up bonuses because I had had my old card for such a long time and the agent processed the upgrade and while I was on the on the phone with the agent I received an email from AP showing that my new TD card was linked to my AP account and my AP number was correct. When I logged in to AP I could see the “credit card holder” message on the website. I also got a supplementary card for my spouse and successfully linked his account to his credit card.

So my AP statement closed on August 23. A few days pass and I still don’t have my points that I earned however on my TD statement it very clearly shows my correct AP number, my miles earned, and my bonus miles. I check my AP account online and on the 23rd there is a posting for 1,000 miles from “TD AEROPLAN VISA INFINITE” for the promo SQM’s. And the “credit card holder” message isn’t on my AP account either. So I make call number one to AP, explain the situation and the agent tells me that there is no TD card associated with my account? She can see on July 14th it was linked to a TD card but the card is now disappeared. Unfortunately the call got dropped and I didn’t receive (or expect) a call back. I couldn’t call back at that time. Note that my spouses supplementary card is still linked to his account fine and dandy.

Next evening I call AP agin and the agent reviews my info - and surprise surprise it’s a TD issue and I have to contact them. The AP agent confirmed that my correct AP number was on my CC statement and that they (TD) have the issue.

<frustration growing>. I immediately call TD who confirm everything on my account; AP number, address etc. etc. etc. They confirmed that on the 23rd of August all my points and other bonuses were sent to AP and everything is fine on their end.

Last night I call AP - I reiterate everything the TD agent told me about how all of their info is correct on their end and everything was transmitted correctly to them on August 23. I even pointed out the fact that there was a deposit of 1000 status qualification miles from TD on the 23rd which should show that my account was linked at least up to that date. I’m been told by the AP agent that their system shows my card canceled on 28 July? I asked him how that’s possible seeing as I have my statement, I’ve been using the card, and it shows there were miles earned well past that date. They once again passed me back to TD.

So I called TD and explain the situation all over again. A very apologetic agent told me that there was an error in TD’s system that caused some new card members points not to be deposited but they should catch up again by the September statement. But this does not fix the fact that Aeroplan has no recollection of my card being on file with them. The agent put me on hold, spoke to a supervisor, and then got back to me and told me she was resending the link to Aeroplan the same as they did the night that I upgraded my card to hopefully have the two of them link again. She told me it should be relatively instantaneous and I should receive another email from Aeroplan showing that my card is now linked to my AP account. And nothing……

I honestly don’t know what is going on with Aeroplan’s back end. When I logon to my PC to look at my account it shows one point balance, when I log onto the Air Canada app on my phone it shows another balance, and for some reason their system completely kicked my credit card affiliation off my profile. I thanked the TD representative who helped me last night for her assistance and accounting for the Labor Day long weekend told her I would give it a few days to see if it caught up. If I didn’t see everything linked back again by Wednesday I would be calling back and expect a TD escalation team to speak to the AP escalation team to try and get this figured out.

So with all these details it seems to me that Aeroplan is at fault? It does show on there the link originally, it also shows the card mysteriously vanishing in the account (being closed) but then an actual deposit to my AP account from TD on my statement date.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.