Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
This is the menu that was posted for AC868 tomorrow:

https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...68_YYZ_LHR.pdf
Print Wikipost

AC 868 Daytripper Meal Service?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
The omelette. Long live the omelette. I mean it probably has a shelf life measured in decades.

Followed by a lump of cow (possibly Canadian) cooked until it’s definitely dead and resembles a puck.

If you are paid J(CDZP) may I suggest visiting the signature lounge ahead of boarding?
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: TK *G
A bit surprised with the breakfast offering. I thought there would be 3 options similar to PLH flights. Or are they trying to align the service to all other TATL flights?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by songsc
A bit surprised with the breakfast offering. I thought there would be 3 options similar to PLH flights. Or are they trying to align the service to all other TATL flights?
That's because the dinner is where the 3 options are provided. You can think of the breakfast like the eastbound TATL pre-landing meal type of thing, only now it comes first.

Added: Four options, not three!

Last edited by yyznomad; Mar 20, 2019 at 12:00 pm
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
That's because the dinner is where the 3 options are provided. You can think of the breakfast like the eastbound TATL pre-landing meal type of thing, only now it comes first.
And in PY one gets the omelette to start (with no options so vegetarians beware) then banana bread, spice loaf of Monty’s 90 mins to landing.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Added: Four options, not three!
Yea makes sense. I am too used to TPAC flights I think.

Originally Posted by jc94

And in PY one gets the omelette to start (with no options so vegetarians beware) then banana bread, spice loaf of Monty’s 90 mins to landing.
Whats the best before date of those banana bread
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by songsc

Yea makes sense. I am too used to TPAC flights I think.

Whats the best before date of those banana bread
2040? Honestly I don’t even think it’s printed on the wrapping, last time I looked I couldn’t find a date.

And no plans to fly AC PY again to find out Not until RM lowers the prices to match my other options (so never).
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC SE
I will be flying this in Y in a few weeks. What can I expect to be served? Some kind of omelette tray after takeoff followed by Monty’s pastry or banana bread before landing?

Any SPML to recommend?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou
I will be flying this in Y in a few weeks. What can I expect to be served? Some kind of omelette tray after takeoff followed by Monty’s pastry or banana bread before landing?
Choice of pancakes or omelette thing after take-off, followed by a snack before landing (which varies -- last time I flew it was a tiny sandwich). Plan on having dinner when you arrive.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I think Monty's is only eastbound. I have never had it westbound.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I think Monty's is only eastbound. I have never had it westbound.
Do you mean the opposite? They usually serve Monty’s on the westbound TATL flights.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasdou

Do you mean the opposite? They usually serve Monty’s on the westbound TATL flights.
Yeah, that's what I thought too.

The only time I've eaten Monty's was in J, and it was to replace my prelanding snack appetizer thingy.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
You are right. I meant your OTHER eastbound...

I will leave the above unchanged bc it's in the quote, but I did mean Montys only heading TO Canada not FROM it.
jasdou and canadiancow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.