Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Not bad, just too much white and derivitive.
[/IMG]
I KNEW I recognized this livery!

Air Berlin flies to Canada...I bet they aren't going to be happy!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Draft version of the SPAM

The original banner that didn't make it...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

j/k
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:46 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Going Rouge: An American Nightmare

Sarah Palin has many faces: hockey mom, fundamentalist Christian, sex symbol, Republican ideologue, fashion icon, "maverick" populist. But, above all, Palin has become one thing: an American obsession that just won't go away.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K
Wow...

Rouge also means "we'll haul your butt any where on our overpriced sardine can, as long as you want to leave from Toronto".
Seriously, I know it's day one, but how about getting people in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax excited as well? One pitiful departure to Greece from YUL? Really? Are they this dumb to launch with so little in their goody bag?
Like Sarah Palin, ScRouge will also crash and burn, pardon the pun.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:48 pm

From the Rouge Web Page - "Where will your next holiday take you? "

Straight to another airline...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
And just to add to your Ouch, No Meals and Tight Seats, that a triple Ouch!!!
No meals? The meal offering for rouge is the same as mainline. BOB for caribbean and full meal service for TATL.

Tight seats is still TBD. Pitch is less, but with new slimline seats the knee room may not change.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
No meals? The meal offering for rouge is the same as mainline. BOB for caribbean and full meal service for TATL.

Tight seats is still TBD. Pitch is less, but with new slimline seats the knee room may not change.
If meals are the same and seats are tighter then what gives? No more Scamcharges perhaps?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by willflyforfood
Rouge also means "we'll haul your butt any where on our overpriced sardine can, as long as you want to leave from Toronto".
Seriously, I know it's day one, but how about getting people in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax excited as well? One pitiful departure to Greece from YUL? Really? Are they this dumb to launch with so little in their goody bag?
Why would you want more flights?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:58 pm

To quote John Lydon

Originally Posted by mendy7511
Why would you want more flights?
"Anger is an energy!"
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: FT
Rooooge..well, one day and they are already playing games…when you look at the international fares, you see this…

“International Sample ROUND-TRIP offers from: Taxes, fees, charges and surcharges are included…”

Perhaps they can chalk it up to IT issues….

When you go to the Sun page, below, noticeably absent, language that fares noted are only 1 way….

BUT if you highlight the text and paste it….“Sun Sample ONE-WAY offers….” You see ONE WAY show up…

... Anyone else see this. Took some screen shots to make sure I was not halucinating...[OK added my image....no one way in image but certainly if you cut and paste the text]

Last edited by mkjr; Dec 18, 2012 at 1:12 pm
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Seriously, I know it's day one, but how about getting people in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax excited as well?
This YVR flyer is very excited that there are no rouge flights out of YVR.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
This is an incredibly stupid move for AC.

the fares are no better but the product sucks, the points suck. The only thing that's nice is the tail livery. I guess they want to be another transcrap. If its as bad as TS and TS is cheaper, I don't see how their brand is going to save them.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Originally Posted by markandrew
I like the livery.

I thought one of their models in developing this was Jetstar, a very effective compliment to the Qantas brand. However, looking at the structure, it is a pure Transat model. Space in the market for both while this is nascent and their routes are mainly complimentary.

I would not have kept the AC on the plane. One of the reasons Jetstar has worked is that it has not devalued the Qantas brand. I think the average passenger who takes the cheapest shorthaul connection onwards with Jetstar from a longhaul Quantas flight sees it more as an interline operation than bad quality Qantas.

And the EQMs, especially for Latitude - which effectively serves no purpose if there is scope for upgrades - are insulting, again would have been better to distance the new entity entirely from AC/AP rather than these floor rate flat numbers.
Another reason Qantas established Jetsar (JQ) as their LCC as (almost) completely stand-alone airline was so they could get away from the Qantas legacy staff pay and duties structure. With Jetstar I believe they started from scratch, and had much greater flexibility in what they could pay pilots etc and ask cabin crew to do. Thus the whole cost base was much lower than Qantas and the fares were truely lower, whilst maintaining a healthy profit margin for Qantas. In fact now one of the most profitable parts of Qantas.

I should add that, although I don't fly Jetstar much, there are no Qantas FF points gained for most of their fares/routes and the seat pitches etc are definitely those of LCC. You can't check bags across QF and JQ flights (ie you have to pick up from carousel and re-check). Yet very successful, and expanding. In fact Qantas is giving their initial 787s to Jetstar.

But I can't see rouge being anywhere near as successful as Jetstar.

Last edited by RooFlyer; Dec 18, 2012 at 1:30 pm Reason: Corrected typos
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
This is an incredibly stupid move for AC.

the fares are no better but the product sucks, the points suck. The only thing that's nice is the tail livery. I guess they want to be another transcrap. If its as bad as TS and TS is cheaper, I don't see how their brand is going to save them.

How? It is doing exactly what it planned to do. Cull all the overpriced pilots and crews and pensions and old wood.

This was never established to give people "cheaper travel", its comical people actually believe that. More and routes will go to Rouge and eventually AC will be watered down and they might just be able to make some money.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
When I first saw it, i thought I must have been missing something. Have they really launched this with thing only from YYZ??? (Except YUL to Athens).

Boy, doesn't that make them an easy target for Westjet and transat to undercut on fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.