Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Lets agree to disagree. I'm departing for Ireland today. On my flight, Rouge(return flight) was $200 cheaper than AC mainline.
I'm glad you like rouge so much, because you'll no doubt be seeing a lot more of it in the years ahead.

AC initially said rouge would only fly leisure routes. Now a large number of transborder routes have been rouged.

AC said rouge would not fly domestic routes, yet here we are, rouge is flying domestic routes.

This is the direction your airline is moving in. They don't give a damn about your 2MM or your SE status. They really don't. They want maximum profits and high maintenance FFs don't represent easy money with no strings the same way that rouge does.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Grando
No free alcoholic drinks on Rouge TATL is different.
Okay, actually, I asked what was different on HAV-YYZ.

Context seems to get lost a lot on FT. It's like if I don't include every previous relevant post in a new reply, someone will jump in with "HAHA I CAUGHT YOU!", rather than just reading the posts in the discussion.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by Symmetre
I'm glad you like rouge so much, because you'll no doubt be seeing a lot more of it in the years ahead.

AC initially said rouge would only fly leisure routes. Now a large number of transborder routes have been rouged.

AC said rouge would not fly domestic routes, yet here we are, rouge is flying domestic routes.

This is the direction your airline is moving in. They don't give a damn about your 2MM or your SE status. They really don't. They want maximum profits and high maintenance FFs don't represent easy money with no strings the same way that rouge does.
Please name 1 non Rouge leasure route? I would not say I love Rouge, but up front is ok and I understand why there is Rouge. All I'm saying is Rouge is not as bad as people say on this website.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by wpgjetse
please name 1 non rouge leasure route?
yyz-sju ac 956
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
YYZ-GCM, YYZ-CZM, YYZ-ANU, YYZ-GGT

So clearly our resident rouge enthusiast has no clue, once again, what they are talking about.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
I'd toss YYZ-BDA in there too.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Okay, actually, I asked what was different on HAV-YYZ.
The seat pitch in Y on the 319.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
In "J" on a Rouge 767 yesterday, I was unable to turn out my reading light - a cursory glance around the cabin seemed to indicate no other reading lights were turned off either. Is this:

A) An epic fail on my part at using the controls?

B) An aircraft specific malfunction?

C) A new feature "for my convenience"?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Grando
The seat pitch in Y on the 319.
Still not getting the concept of "context," eh? The whole exchange started here and is with regards to service. I'm no rouge fan and fully agree that the seat pitch in non-preferred Y seats on an ACr 319 is absolutely atrocious. But, for the most part, rouge service has been as good or better than mainline.

Except when you're thirsty and they possibly maybe kinda potentially did a bad job of forecasting ginger ale demand
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: aeroplan
Lets agree to disagree. I'm departing for Ireland today. On my flight, Rouge(return flight) was $200 cheaper than AC mainline.
Flying PE?

Last edited by googleatyahoo; Jun 16, 2017 at 11:21 am
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by tcook052
yyz-sju ac 956
conversely, there are Rouge routes that are non-leisure. YYZ-MEX isnt really a holiday destination and its been Rouged.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by karachi
..............and its been Rouged.
"Rouged" a new word to the English language!!!!!

tr.v. rouged, rouging,
1. To lower the status, rank, or salary of: The weather service rouged the hurricane to a tropical storm.
2. To minimize the importance, value, or reputation of: rouged his team's contribution to the project.
n.
1. A descending slope, as in a road.
2. An act of rouging, as in status, rank, or amount: The company averted a rouging of its credit rating.
3. A decline, as in fortune, status, or condition: a neighborhood on the rouge.

TheSmallestState Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Smallest State Company. Published by Smallest State Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by The smallest state
"Rouged" a new word to the English language!!!!!

tr.v. rouged, rouging,
1. To lower the status, rank, or salary of: The weather service rouged the hurricane to a tropical storm.
2. To minimize the importance, value, or reputation of: rouged his team's contribution to the project.
n.
1. A descending slope, as in a road.
2. An act of rouging, as in status, rank, or amount: The company averted a rouging of its credit rating.
3. A decline, as in fortune, status, or condition: a neighborhood on the rouge.

TheSmallestState Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Smallest State Company. Published by Smallest State Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
.What does your dictionary have for enhanced ?

Last edited by vernonc; Jun 16, 2017 at 11:14 am
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: aeroplan
Please name 1 non Rouge leasure route? I would not say I love Rouge, but up front is ok and I understand why there is Rouge. All I'm saying is Rouge is not as bad as people say on this website.
deer lake?
i dunno..maybe it is
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I would not say I love Rouge, but up front is ok and I understand why there is Rouge. All I'm saying is Rouge is not as bad as people say on this website.
emphasis mine.

And here is where the misunderstandings come in. Many folks on this board mostly fly up front and they say that Rouge is fine. Then the back of the bus folks get outraged because it is reportedly dreadful back there. They call such folks useless apologists after missing the context of it being fine up front.

disclaimer: I've never flown Rouge, and I never will unless I come into enough money to afford plus or premium. Less than 31" means I'd rather drive, swim, or fly another airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.