Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Well, thanks for the drink ahead of time

In all seriousness, we're now at thread spillage. I would (in the other thread), post your J = zone 2 pic. Honestly, that surprises me, but AC IT is full of surprises, even if it's not the norm.
I think that is a great idea....thanks ( there w/b lots of redaction lol but it will prove what i'm stating.

Agree with spillage....my apologies
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
Are the seats in Premium Rouge the new slim seats or the older style J seats with food rests? Considering this to Manchester in late July but also weary. Might to BA. Is the food the same as mainline domestic J?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: SEMM
Rouge Premium? On my recent flight YYZ to PHX there were only a few spots so that was not my option. I have to say that the experience on Rouge was as bad as what was posted on this board (and I gave the feedback to AC). My armrest was so filthy with dried up tomato stains (could have been regurgitated) I had to take a picture of it.

The seat pitch (29") was something else. That is tighter than the backseat of my compact car! Of course while I am in the aisle, my large middle seat passenger could not keep his knees inside his footwell. His one leg was in his wife's footwell and his other leg was 1/2 way into mine. I should have taken a picture of it as no one would have believed me. The unfortunate part is that I will take my whole family on the same flight in 2 weeks. It is going to be miserable compared to the J class trip to SYD we took at Christmas. Live and learn!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by oblender
Are the seats in Premium Rouge the new slim seats or the older style J seats with food rests? Considering this to Manchester in late July but also weary. Might to BA. Is the food the same as mainline domestic J?
All PR 763 seats are now these:

Food is similar to Int'l J, as far as entrees are concerned. Very similar to mainline PY.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Do the 763s converted from mainline to rouge still have the mood lighting system?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by D582
Do the 763s converted from mainline to rouge still have the mood lighting system?
I'm not sure all 763s had it, I was on a 763 a year or two back which I swear was just fluorescent.

But the mood lighting system involves replacing the normal fluorescent lighting with led strips... so they should still have it.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Any updates to timing on the 319 getting proper J seats? Spring, Summer, Fall?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Any updates to timing on the 319 getting proper Y seats? Cold day in he11?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:31 am

WS just made official YYC-OGG/HNL and YEG-OGG with their 24/238 763s. Plus will be 4 rows of 2-2-2, just like Rouge.

I suppose YYC-OGG could go Rouge with decent utilization if they went something like 4xOGG 3xHNL per week. But I don't see how AC's current 211 seats vs WS's 262 will work. Rouge's 280, on the other hand...
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by yvr76
Any updates to timing on the 319 getting proper J seats? Spring, Summer, Fall?
Probably around the same time the Rouge A321s enter the fleet. I think expecting the 2-2 change to be official around May is reasonable, conversion summer/fall?

And before anyone screams about Rouge's pending inhumane A321s, Jetstars have 220 seats @ 29" pitch with just 3 washrooms. It can't be worse than that.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Probably around the same time the Rouge A321s enter the fleet. I think expecting the 2-2 change to be official around May is reasonable, conversion summer/fall?

And before anyone screams about Rouge's pending inhumane A321s, Jetstars have 220 seats @ 29" pitch with just 3 washrooms. It can't be worse than that.
I missed this. Are the 321s conversion from mainline or leased aircraft? How many, and will they have any J or an all Y configuration?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by yvr76
I missed this. Are the 321s conversion from mainline or leased aircraft? How many, and will they have any J or an all Y configuration?
They are being sourced from outside. Mainline A321 fleet is growing too. MDA shows Rouge getting 2 in 2015, 3 in 2016. Mainline getting 3 in 2015, 1 in 2016.

I'm guessing they will follow AC mainline's 321 strategy and be equipped with the same # of J as the 319s. It is hard to believe Rouge would have a greater demand for J seats (>12) than mainline's 14J.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:04 pm

WestJet's 767s will have better seat pitch than Rouge's.

Economy 31"
Plus 38"
Exit Rows 39"
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by TheGreatestX
WestJet's 767s will have better seat pitch than Rouge's.

Economy 31"
Plus 38"
Exit Rows 39"
So 1" more in Y and Plus, but 2" less in the exit row. And Rouge has 4 rows of 35" Rouge Plus at the front of Y. All in all pretty equal.

Is the seat map online? Curious to see their lavatory layout.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
So 1" more in Y and Plus, but 2" less in the exit row. And Rouge has 4 rows of 35" Rouge Plus at the front of Y. All in all pretty equal.

Is the seat map online? Curious to see their lavatory layout.
Pretty equal until you get stuck in a lower pitch seat. This is the same argument as Ben parroting that the converted 77Ws will not be as dense as the 77HD - yeah, right, because they will have proper J instead of the coffins. Y will be exactly as dense. What matters is the seat you are actually stuck in, not the notional "average seat" in the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.