Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Earn up to 40k bonus AE with Partner Conversions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn up to 40k bonus AE with Partner Conversions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by fluffydot
This offer is extremely tempting mathematically.... but in the common sense in me screaming that putting another 125K miles into Aeroplan could be a really bad investment.

tick tock....

every point system depreciate , I guess best bet is use it asap .
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
REMINDER : Last Day for Transfer Bonus

This is truly the Last Day for the Promo. Aeroplan took the banner off their Website.
as per: http://www2.aeroplan.com/promotions/...FQF_hwodiC9S1g

Bonus offer valid only on conversions made between May 21 and June 22, 2012 (11:59 pm EST).

Remember, Amex will allow you to transfer to someone else's Aeroplan account.

I transferred SPG points, it took 3 days and the Posted date on Aeroplan was the date I initiated the transfer.

Last edited by InsaneTravel; Jun 22, 2012 at 9:32 pm
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
PHEW.

Just finished transferring everything. This was more complicated than booking a mini-RTW, since I had a bunch of sources to transfer from and even managed to send a few points to family to ensure that they reach the whatever threshold they were at.

Thank GOD Amex->Aeroplan transfers are instantaneous. Don't know what I would do if I had to wait for the suspense on whether the points transferred successfully or not.

Sadly, had to empty the SPG account since Aventura didn't post on time (and I didn't succeed in forcing them to abide by what their stupid website says and post "on first purchase" rather than on statement close). Ah well.

Bring on the next promo, now! Heh.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
Bring On The Next Promo

This was a great promo. We were able to benefit:

150K Amex Points = 190K AP
100k Amex Points = 125K AP
60Kspg = 75K AP + 25K Amex Points = 125K AP

For a total of 90,000 Extra Aeroplan Points.

Thanks Aeroplan !

Bring On the Next Promo:
https://www1.aeroplan.com/promotions.do

Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by RoninTech
Is it only F that LH and LX have clamped down on for Aeroplan members or is business affected too? When I was looking for F for next Jan-Mar with LH and LX I didn't notice any J either.
It's not AE who's clamped down, it's LH and LX who are not releasing F awards even if they show on AE (or other) searches. LX has limited capacity, so awards are just hard to come by period. LH has lots of capacity, even after reducing F seats in half, but only releases them for awards a week or two from flight time.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Short changed?

I see my bonus AE miles posted on the 20th. However, I think I got short changed. I moved 5K Amex MR points across initially and received a 1K AE mile bonus. However, I then moved another 10K across and should have received a 2K bonus, but instead got another 1K. Am I misreading the nature of the bonus. Thought it was 20% of what was converted from MR points to AE miles, so should get 3K not 2K?

BTW this promo was not a generous as the one last year IIRC which provided a 25% bonus even on lower numbers of transferred points/miles.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan
As I read it if you transferred 5000 you would get a bonus of 1000 and a total transfer of 10,000 you would get 2000 bonus. The next level is for a transfer of a total of 20,000. Since your total transfer was 15,000 you didn't make the next level so your bonus is correct at 2000.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: AC E, SPG P, MR S
I transferred 150K Amex MR to AP on the 21st. Still haven't seen the bonus points posted. How long should I wait before I start complaining to AP?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:25 am

This is strange. I had all points post up to level 5, but the last one (i.e. the extra bonus for 100->150K) hasn't posted. Wonder if I should phone in. Did everyone's bonus fully post?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I transferred something on the last day of the promo(June22) and all bonus points showed up.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by beep88
I transferred something on the last day of the promo(June22) and all bonus points showed up.
Yeah, I transferred everything at 10-11pm on the 22nd, heh. Weird. I'll call in.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by RoninTech
Is it only F that LH and LX have clamped down on for Aeroplan members or is business affected too? When I was looking for F for next Jan-Mar with LH and LX I didn't notice any J either.
Originally Posted by Shareholder
It's not AE who's clamped down, it's LH and LX who are not releasing F awards even if they show on AE (or other) searches. LX has limited capacity, so awards are just hard to come by period. LH has lots of capacity, even after reducing F seats in half, but only releases them for awards a week or two from flight time.
There's an echo in here.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ciana
As I read it if you transferred 5000 you would get a bonus of 1000 and a total transfer of 10,000 you would get 2000 bonus. The next level is for a transfer of a total of 20,000. Since your total transfer was 15,000 you didn't make the next level so your bonus is correct at 2000.
I did one transfer of 5K which earned a 1K bonus. However, I did a separate transfer of 10K but only earned one more 1K bonus. My reading led me to believe that the 10K transfer should have earned a separate 2K, for a total of 3K in bonus miles.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:19 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I did one transfer of 5K which earned a 1K bonus. However, I did a separate transfer of 10K but only earned one more 1K bonus. My reading led me to believe that the 10K transfer should have earned a separate 2K, for a total of 3K in bonus miles.
I am not sure where the confusion came from, but when I read the T&C for this promo, it does spell out you will only get 2K

Maximum 40,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles can be earned per Aeroplan Member. Bonus offer valid only on conversions made between May 21 and June 18, 2012 (11:59 EST). Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be issued by Aeroplan as follows: 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partners programs during the promotion period is between 5,000 and 9,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partners programs during the promotion period is between 10,000 and 19,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 4,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partners programs during the promotion period is between 20,000 and 49,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 10,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partners programs during the promotion period is between 50,000 and 99,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partners programs during the promotion period is between 100,000 and 149,999 Aeroplan Miles; OR 40,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be deposited into the member's account when the total Aeroplan Miles earned by converting points from any combination of eligible partners programs during the promotion period is 150,000 or more Aeroplan Miles. POINTS.com: Aeroplan Miles procured via a Trade transaction with another member on Points.com are not eligible towards the conversion bonus threshold. BONUS MILE CREDITING: Bonus miles are credited 7-10 days following successful receipt by Aeroplan of a conversion transaction from the partner. Note that some partners may take up to 2 weeks to submit point-to-mile conversions to Aeroplan. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
December 2012 partner conversion bonus: was US Amex excluded?

I converted a bunch of SPG (25K) and Amex MR points (127K) to Aeroplan in time for the December 2012 conversion bonus, which I think had the same set of rules as the mid-year bonus that this thread refers to.

However, despite converting just over 150K to Aeroplan, I only got a 4,000 mile bonus rather than the 40,000 bonus I was expecting. I now have a nasty suspicion that my Amex MR miles weren't eligible for this promo, because I have a US-based card. Can anyone confirm whether that is the case?

(And yes I realise this is my fault, and that I should have read all the terms and conditions...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.