Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada 24 hours cancellation/Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:01 am
Original Poster

I heard that we can cancel/change the booking within 24 hours. So if I book a ticket today and if there is a sales tomorrow, how can I change ?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by littleman
I heard that we can cancel/change the booking within 24 hours. So if I book a ticket today and if there is a sales tomorrow, how can I change ?
The easiest way would be to logging to the original booking and cancel it. Then rebook on AC.com with the sale.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much
Old Aug 30, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Only within the 24 hours!!!
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
You could call into AC and have them change into the new ticket seamlessly at no charge..

After 24 hours, you can change your ticket subject to a fee.. I think with AE is $90, perhaps the same with AC..
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:16 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
You could call into AC and have them change into the new ticket seamlessly at no charge..

After 24 hours, you can change your ticket subject to a fee.. I think with AE is $90, perhaps the same with AC..
What? Did you imply that one can change an AP booking for no fee within 24 hours? If so, you're wrong.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jarusoba
What? Did you imply that one can change an AP booking for no fee within 24 hours? If so, you're wrong.
No..

The thread is about Air Canada..

Regarding AE is only about the change fee of $90.. so I think AC change fee will be similar or more..
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
No..

The thread is about Air Canada..

Regarding AE is only about the change fee of $90.. so I think AC change fee will be similar or more..
No, there is no fixed change fee for AC tickets. It depends on the fare rules of the fare purchased which again heavily depend on the kind of trip (Canada, NA, international), the fare category (T+/Lat./Exec. Lowest etc.) and the country of origin. The change fee can be anything from $0 to $250 (+ fare difference, additional taxes etc.)
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
No, there is no fixed change fee for AC tickets. It depends on the fare rules of the fare purchased which again heavily depend on the kind of trip (Canada, NA, international), the fare category (T+/Lat./Exec. Lowest etc.) and the country of origin. The change fee can be anything from $0 to $250 (+ fare difference, additional taxes etc.)
Correct..

OP didn't say what class of ticket considering booking into.. but I assume there would be a change fee since changing within 24 hours for no charge ($0.00) seems to be a value add here..
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:27 pm

... or less. Change fee for domestic T+ fare is only $50.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by YEG USER
... or less. Change fee for domestic T+ fare is only $50.
Same-day only. Usually $100-$250 or more in advance, plus fare difference. If fare is lower, no refund of difference (unlike most US airlines).

You might need to bring a sacrificed chicken and a toe to your local ticket office, open conveniently from 9AM-9:43AM Monday-Thursday.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Yes, I heard that if we use the Air Canada web site to book a ticket, any type, you have 24 hours to change/cancel without a fee. Is it the case ?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Yes, I heard that if we use the Air Canada web site to book a ticket, any type, you have 24 hours to change/cancel without a fee. Is it the case ?
Yes, Air Canada indeed has a 24h courtesy cancellation policy, but Aeroplan doesn´t.

AC = Air Canada
AE/AP = Aeroplan
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Yes, Air Canada indeed has a 24h courtesy cancellation policy, but Aeroplan doesn´t.

AC = Air Canada
AE/AP = Aeroplan
Thanks for the clarifcation. You can tell I am new to the forum
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:30 pm
Suspended

AC = Air Canada
AE/AP = Aeroplan
ime Aeroplan once you're booked.. you're stuck with the itinerary you've booked, unless its an error..

No problem to change if its an error or if a flight itinerary changes or a segment gets cancelled.. there would be no charge to change an AE reservation.. otherwise its $90 change fee the second that you book an AE FF flight redemption..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.