FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada 24 hours cancellation/Changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1253729-air-canada-24-hours-cancellation-changes.html)

littleman Aug 30, 2011 11:01 am

Air Canada 24 hours cancellation/Changes

I heard that we can cancel/change the booking within 24 hours. So if I book a ticket today and if there is a sales tomorrow, how can I change ?

rehoult Aug 30, 2011 11:12 am

Originally Posted by littleman (Post 17023050)
I heard that we can cancel/change the booking within 24 hours. So if I book a ticket today and if there is a sales tomorrow, how can I change ?

The easiest way would be to logging to the original booking and cancel it. Then rebook on AC.com with the sale.

littleman Aug 30, 2011 11:15 am

Thanks very much

djjaguar64 Aug 30, 2011 12:20 pm

Only within the 24 hours!!!

Ancien Maestro Aug 30, 2011 8:57 pm

You could call into AC and have them change into the new ticket seamlessly at no charge..

After 24 hours, you can change your ticket subject to a fee.. I think with AE is $90, perhaps the same with AC..

jarusoba Aug 30, 2011 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 17026392)
You could call into AC and have them change into the new ticket seamlessly at no charge..

After 24 hours, you can change your ticket subject to a fee.. I think with AE is $90, perhaps the same with AC..

What? Did you imply that one can change an AP booking for no fee within 24 hours? If so, you're wrong.

Ancien Maestro Aug 30, 2011 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 17026482)
What? Did you imply that one can change an AP booking for no fee within 24 hours? If so, you're wrong.

No..

The thread is about Air Canada..

Regarding AE is only about the change fee of $90.. so I think AC change fee will be similar or more..

Jasper2009 Aug 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 17026495)
No..

The thread is about Air Canada..

Regarding AE is only about the change fee of $90.. so I think AC change fee will be similar or more..

No, there is no fixed change fee for AC tickets. It depends on the fare rules of the fare purchased which again heavily depend on the kind of trip (Canada, NA, international), the fare category (T+/Lat./Exec. Lowest etc.) and the country of origin. The change fee can be anything from $0 to $250 (+ fare difference, additional taxes etc.)

Ancien Maestro Aug 30, 2011 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 17026508)
No, there is no fixed change fee for AC tickets. It depends on the fare rules of the fare purchased which again heavily depend on the kind of trip (Canada, NA, international), the fare category (T+/Lat./Exec. Lowest etc.) and the country of origin. The change fee can be anything from $0 to $250 (+ fare difference, additional taxes etc.)

Correct..

OP didn't say what class of ticket considering booking into.. but I assume there would be a change fee since changing within 24 hours for no charge ($0.00) seems to be a value add here..

YEG USER Aug 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 17026495)

... or less. Change fee for domestic T+ fare is only $50.

YYZ_TVGuy Aug 31, 2011 7:29 am

Originally Posted by YEG USER (Post 17026530)
... or less. Change fee for domestic T+ fare is only $50.

Same-day only. Usually $100-$250 or more in advance, plus fare difference. If fare is lower, no refund of difference (unlike most US airlines).

You might need to bring a sacrificed chicken and a toe to your local ticket office, open conveniently from 9AM-9:43AM Monday-Thursday.

littleman Aug 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba (Post 17026482)

Yes, I heard that if we use the Air Canada web site to book a ticket, any type, you have 24 hours to change/cancel without a fee. Is it the case ?

Jasper2009 Aug 31, 2011 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by littleman (Post 17031556)
Yes, I heard that if we use the Air Canada web site to book a ticket, any type, you have 24 hours to change/cancel without a fee. Is it the case ?

Yes, Air Canada indeed has a 24h courtesy cancellation policy, but Aeroplan doesn´t.

AC = Air Canada
AE/AP = Aeroplan

littleman Aug 31, 2011 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 17031573)
Yes, Air Canada indeed has a 24h courtesy cancellation policy, but Aeroplan doesn´t.

AC = Air Canada
AE/AP = Aeroplan

Thanks for the clarifcation. You can tell I am new to the forum:p

Ancien Maestro Aug 31, 2011 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 17031573)

AC = Air Canada
AE/AP = Aeroplan

ime Aeroplan once you're booked.. you're stuck with the itinerary you've booked, unless its an error..

No problem to change if its an error or if a flight itinerary changes or a segment gets cancelled.. there would be no charge to change an AE reservation.. otherwise its $90 change fee the second that you book an AE FF flight redemption..