Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have. It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge!

If you have the ability to make changes to the WIKI, please do so yourself rather than replying to the thread! If you are asking to be guested, please only add to the wiki - do not post in the thread.

OFFER REQUEST MEET (i.e. will be there but can't guest) dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName
Please note the date format so as to avoid confusion

Please do not write OFFER/MEET; if you are able to guest someone in, it is implied you can also meet them without guesting them in.
Print Wikipost

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rehoult
I can't believe I missed both of you. Mrs and I were in there from 3-4 before taking a very lovely VDB and going back downtown.
HOLY! That's like.. I am shocked I was walking around too. I think that's a first in this thread. 3 FTers in a lounge at the same time and we don't recognize that we're in the same lounge at the same time!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer View Post
What I can't believe is that despite the fact that the Pho has been on for so long, no one has commented to fact that they use Udon noodles to make it?
It's not even Pho.. Udon and a pretty crappy soup base (Knorr??)... the bowl isn't even big enough to eat it as a soup....... I would skip it... unmemorable...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:25 am
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Went to the MLL at LGA last night and was pleasantly surprised by the nice assortment of sandwiches on French bread.

And the chocolate brownies are really out of this world Worth trying!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Aug 7 from 5:30-6:00 YYZ MLL TB. I'm guesting in my friend already, but if anyone is going to NY for the Jays' weekend series, it'd be cool to chat for a few minutes. David Price - never thought that would happen in a million years.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
I'll be in the YYZ intl MLL for an hour or two before 858 tonight (Aug 5; departs at 23:10.) I'll be hitting the bar pretty hard as this ticket was just booked yesterday so I'm stuck in Y

Can also guest someone into the LHR arrivals lounge tomorrow if you're on 858 and don't have access.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
YVR DOM MLL staring at 777 Fin #705
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
YYC MLL
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh I'm not sure what time it closes, but you're flying *A J and you're *G. You can get in the MLL

And that's what I meant by my earlier comment.
Hmm. Unfortunately my (not) fat butt is now planted in a chair here. Plus the MLL food BLOWS. So I'll stay here. But thanks for the suggestion.

I've heard multiple times that the MLL is closed by now...anyone know when it closes? When's the last flight out?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Hmm. Unfortunately my (not) fat butt is now planted in a chair here. Plus the MLL food BLOWS. So I'll stay here. But thanks for the suggestion.

I've heard multiple times that the MLL is closed by now...anyone know when it closes? When's the last flight out?
I believe the int'l MLL usually closes around 11p.m./11.30p.m.

The PPL indeed is the designated lounge for BR pax.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I believe the int'l MLL usually closes around 11p.m./11.30p.m.

The PPL indeed is the designated lounge for BR pax.
Ah. I got to the root of it. The MLL is still open because of multiple delayed flights apparently...

But they're all boarding now. So the lounge is closing I gotta get used to 33'C 100% humidity temperatures anyways.

This dim sum is yum!! Siu Mai and Ha Gao tonight
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Ah. I got to the root of it. The MLL is still open because of multiple delayed flights apparently...

But they're all boarding now. So the lounge is closing
Yeah, I believe the policy is that the MLL will usually stay open until the last AC flight starts boarding (and occasionally other carriers will make arrangements for the lounge to stay open longer if their flight is severely delayed).
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yeah, I believe the policy is that the MLL will usually stay open until the last AC flight starts boarding (and occasionally other carriers will make arrangements for the lounge to stay open longer if their flight is severely delayed).
I wish YVR transborder had a "policy" like that.

Heck, I wish YWG had a policy like that
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:38 pm
Suspended

That's cool. Not sure why they don't just send their pax over to the PPL. Star Alliance and all....

I feel like such a pig...3rd round of dim sum.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That's cool. Not sure why they don't just send their pax over to the PPL. Star Alliance and all....
What an airline pays the PPL is likely much higher than what a *A airline pays the MLL, which is also likely much higher than what AC charges themselves for the MLL.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
What an airline pays the PPL is likely much higher than what a *A airline pays the MLL, which is also likely much higher than what AC charges themselves for the MLL.
Makes sense. But aren't the staff on overtime now at the MLL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.