Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have. It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge!

If you have the ability to make changes to the WIKI, please do so yourself rather than replying to the thread! If you are asking to be guested, please only add to the wiki - do not post in the thread.

OFFER REQUEST MEET (i.e. will be there but can't guest) dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName
Please note the date format so as to avoid confusion

Please do not write OFFER/MEET; if you are able to guest someone in, it is implied you can also meet them without guesting them in.
Print Wikipost

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Total of four people in YOW right now. The silence is deafening.

Here for an hour, then YYZ transborder 4-630.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:35 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Not quite the MLL, but I'm transiting ORD tomorrow and if anyone wants to be admitted to the United Club in Terminal 2 but the Air Canada gates I can guest in two people.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
YUL international MLL for about an hour, sitting practically under the washroom sign in a blue polo.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
YVR domestic for maybe 30 minutes.

The cell-free signs are gone.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
YVR domestic for maybe 30 minutes.

The cell-free signs are gone.
Vancouver is too hip and techy for cell-free zones :P
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Back in the YYZ MLL INT'L. First time I have been here when it has not been packed and there is actually food and there are not dirty dishes everywhere. It's @ 65% capacity (guesstimate). What a difference when it's not packed.It's not noisy. I wish AC would understand this aspect of the lounge "experience". (Suggestion to AC - Cut the number of users at peak times please.).
So far, so good, a decent experience, except for Mr. Jerkface who decided to shout at his friend Hal on his phone because the connection was poor. (That's right - you shout because it will really fix that data link, you doofus.)

I may not be impressed by the 2 pasta dishes (an alfredo with large oil pools in it and a ravioli with tomato & meat sauce) which was finally replenished after the Rouge scavengers had finished poking and prodding, but, you know what? I truly believe that AC offers some of the best lounges in North America. What a difference compared to what I have experienced in the USA. Now, I know many people will compare an MLL to Asian lounges especially the gold standards in HKG and Narita, but folks we live in North America and AC has the US carriers beat hands down. I like the domestic MLLs. The alcohol selection beats many asian airlines and honestly, I don't need a meal as I'll have something waiting for me on the plane. I can't get a glass of wine in TG domestic J class lounges, but I can with AC.

I guess I have been flying at the "wrong" times . Anyway, AC is on the right track with its improvements, although I will be thrilled when we get pastrami like the KLM in AMS offers.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Back in the YYZ MLL INT'L.......

...I may not be impressed by the 2 pasta dishes (an alfredo with large oil pools in it and a ravioli with tomato & meat sauce) which was finally replenished after the Rouge scavengers had finished poking and prodding......

I won't eat these. And yes, pools of oil visible.

As long as the salads are decent and not buried in kale, I'm good to go.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by 24left
I won't eat these. And yes, pools of oil visible.

As long as the salads are decent and not buried in kale, I'm good to go.
Kale is okay but all the garlic is another matter entirely.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Kale is okay but all the garlic is another matter entirely.
Absolutely.

I know garlic is added for flavour but not before flying for 10+ hours.
It would be some much better if small signs were posted with the ingredients because it seems simpler than trying to find one of the MLL staff to confirm no garlic. Also, I get garlic in cooked foods, but not in salad or over overkill in hummus.

Anyway, if all else fails, there's.........
Attached Images  
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
HND INTL ANA Lounge March 20

First time back in nearly 2 years (I was on the inaugural YYZ-HND) flight.

They still have the made to order noodle soups, right?

And yes, will pick up some Kit Kats at the duty-free.

I'll be on AC6, if anyone is else is on-board.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
First time back in nearly 2 years (I was on the inaugural YYZ-HND) flight.

They still have the made to order noodle soups, right?

And yes, will pick up some Kit Kats at the duty-free.

I'll be on AC6, if anyone is else is on-board.
Green Tea kitkat is the best kitkat.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Strawberry cheesecake is good, too.

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Green Tea kitkat is the best kitkat.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Making a bit of a domestic MLL milk run today: YUL from about 10am, then YYZ from 12:30ish and finally YWG from about 4
Old Mar 20, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by ffsim
Making a bit of a domestic MLL milk run today: YUL from about 10am, then YYZ from 12:30ish and finally YWG from about 4
I'll be at YYZ 11-1245. Black hoodie, grey shirt, and the haggard expression of a man on forty minutes' sleep.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
I'll be at YYZ 11-1245. Black hoodie, grey shirt, and the haggard expression of a man on forty minutes' sleep.
I'll bring you a coffee

Managed to catch an earlier flight to YYZ so I should be there just after you stumble in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.