FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1216360-im-mll-ac-cafe-signature-suite-now-lounge-meet-up-master-thread.html)

global happy traveller May 17, 2011 5:57 am

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

17 May YYZ International 0500-1330

Santander May 17, 2011 5:58 am

Over 8 hours in the lounge... Why?

global happy traveller May 17, 2011 6:11 am

i can do some work with coffee, breakfast, lunch...... also i have 2 options, either my wife drop me off first thing in the morning or i can spend 2 hours on public transportation to get to the airport later.

becreative May 17, 2011 6:28 am

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller (Post 16400231)
i can do some work with coffee, breakfast, lunch...... also i have 2 options, either my wife drop me off first thing in the morning or i can spend 2 hours on public transportation to get to the airport later.

Is AC sending you an invoice for office rent? :D

global happy traveller May 17, 2011 6:54 am

i believe SPG has sponsored me to use their conference room!

Seat13F_AC_CRJ May 17, 2011 6:56 am

Now that CATSA has the ability to validate / authenticate boarding passes, I wonder how long before they begin restrict airside access until xx hrs prior to flight time?
--
13F

global happy traveller May 17, 2011 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ (Post 16400424)
Now that CATSA has the ability to validate / authenticate boarding passes, I wonder how long before they begin restrict airside access until xx hrs prior to flight time?
--
13F

LOL....dunno, all i know is some foreign stations only open their counters 4 hours before departure.....

but there are also other lounges that allow sleeping (SQ/SIN) or massage (TG/BKK) or have a sit down dinner...... ohhh VS the best, hair cut everything.....

anyways.....if anyone need access into the Int'l MLL or would like to meet....msg here.

Santander May 17, 2011 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ (Post 16400424)
--
13F

Highly doubt it, if they wanted to they could have done it before when they manually looked at boarding passes. If wait times were becoming a serious issue maybe, but they've greatly improved in the last while.

global happy traveller May 17, 2011 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Santander (Post 16400620)
Highly doubt it, if they wanted to they could have done it before when they manually looked at boarding passes. If wait times were becoming a serious issue maybe, but they've greatly improved in the last while.

i believe they "may" do it if the building or satellite is close to capacity

Cyan May 17, 2011 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Santander (Post 16400620)

At YYC, there are very verbose signs up about passengers not being allowed in to the trans-border area more than two hours before departure.

Of course, I've gone in as much as 2h30m before departure while connecting from YEG, so I'm not quite sure what the point of the signs are? :confused:

bakersdozen May 17, 2011 8:46 am

I'll be getting there just as you are leaving for an hour or so

global happy traveller May 17, 2011 9:35 am

Originally Posted by bakersdozen (Post 16401024)
I'll be getting there just as you are leaving for an hour or so

i will hang around for a lil longer then.... LOL.....in the SPG room.....

Santander May 17, 2011 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Cyan (Post 16400837)
At YYC, there are very verbose signs up about passengers not being allowed in to the trans-border area more than two hours before departure.

Those banners are up from a year and a half ago when it would routinely take two hours to get through customs/security into the TB area without Nexus. I think it was more of a CBP decision than a CATSA decision.

Symmetre May 17, 2011 9:57 am

Hello from the domestic MLL :-)

Ancien Maestro May 17, 2011 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Santander (Post 16400175)
Over 8 hours in the lounge... Why?

Getting your money's worth?:)