Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have. It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge!

If you have the ability to make changes to the WIKI, please do so yourself rather than replying to the thread! If you are asking to be guested, please only add to the wiki - do not post in the thread.

OFFER REQUEST MEET (i.e. will be there but can't guest) dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName
Please note the date format so as to avoid confusion

Please do not write OFFER/MEET; if you are able to guest someone in, it is implied you can also meet them without guesting them in.
Print Wikipost

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Will be at YYZ Int'l from 12:30 to 13:30 EDT today.

005 is late due to inbound 873, so will spend some extra time kicking my legs back with popcorn and watching the plebs horde the food bar, lick their fingers, touch the ladles, and then drop the ladles prominently into the food and let it drown in the sauce. Either that, or touch the ladles after picking their feet and licking their fingers.

Come find me if you dare - dark blue jeans, grey chelsea boots, red/white shirt with black Varvatos cardigan. Although I might look pissy and annoyed, I won't bite you if you say hi... unless you want me to bite you in which case I just might.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Will be at YYZ Int'l from 12:30 to 13:30 EDT today.

005 is late due to inbound 873, so will spend some extra time kicking my legs back with popcorn and watching the plebs horde the food bar, lick their fingers, touch the ladles, and then drop the ladles prominently into the food and let it drown in the sauce. Either that, or touch the ladles after picking their feet and licking their fingers.

Come find me if you dare - dark blue jeans, grey chelsea boots, red/white shirt with black Varvatos cardigan. Although I might look pissy and annoyed, I won't bite you if you say hi... unless you want me to bite you in which case I just might.

Thank you for this. My day is now perfect.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Thank you for this. My day is now perfect.
I regret having to report that the YYZ Int'l MLL is kinda slow right now... only a few hoarders. No finger lickers yet. I tried the roast beef sandwich and it was alright actually.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
YVR dom mll?

So Board! Slow net!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, Avis Preferred Plus, Mariott-Titanium
OFFER 02-08-2015 / 16:45 - 18:00 / YEG MLL DOM / airstream74
OFFER 13-08-2015 / 21:30 - 22:30 / YEG MLL DOM / airstream74
OFFER 24-08-2015 / 06:00 - 06:30 / YYZ MLL DOM / airstream74
OFFER 24-08-2015 / 09:00 - 12:00 / YYC MLL DOM / airstream74
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
YYZ INT MLL

Both showers still dirty after half hour, lots of staff, lots of chatting

Manager of the "hostesses" cleaning up dirty dishes etc, staff missing, good on her, good leadership

Still waiting for a shower before my fifth and final flight of the day!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
YYZ INT MLL

Both showers still dirty after half hour, lots of staff, lots of chatting

Manager of the "hostesses" cleaning up dirty dishes etc, staff missing, good on her, good leadership

Still waiting for a shower before my fifth and final flight of the day!
BINGO. The same manager picked up my stack of dishes that had been sitting at my table for 10 minutes. She was even polite in asking for permission... and she isn't even Japanese. Maybe she's been there enough times to know how it gets done!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
BINGO. The same manager picked up my stack of dishes that had been sitting at my table for 10 minutes. She was even polite in asking for permission... and she isn't even Japanese. Maybe she's been there enough times to know how it gets done!
She told me her name, as I followed up with the concierge (she was working the desk) on the status of my shower as I had a flight to catch. Who cleaned that shower, the manager. This woman should be hired at a more senior role as she rolls up her sleeves and does what she has too. She is damn good.

After they paged me I was chatting with both the concierge and her and I said that she was great and she gave me her name as I was going write in, BUT I forgot her name. I hope she is working when I go through there again in three weeks. She is a rock star.^
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Will be in YVR DOM MLL today around 5pm
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
deleted

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jan 10, 2016 at 10:34 am
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Would like to call out the staff at the YYC lounge. The staff were super nice, and the lounge dragon who checks you in - she was awesome too! This is a nice change!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Would like to call out the staff at the YYC lounge. The staff were super nice, and the lounge dragon who checks you in - she was awesome too! This is a nice change!
I can't believe I missed you. I was in YYC MLL today from 15:00 to 16:00.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
I can't believe I missed you. I was in YYC MLL today from 15:00 to 16:00.
That was lucky
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I'm in the YVR dom MLL for about an hour. Does this place not have AC? It's SO HOT IN HERE!

Edit: Blue and Red striped polo shirt and jeans. Sitting at one of the nice tables just beyond the food station (towards gate 48).
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'm in the YVR dom MLL for about an hour. Does this place not have AC? It's SO HOT IN HERE!

Edit: Blue and Red striped polo shirt and jeans. Sitting at one of the nice tables just beyond the food station (towards gate 48).
YES!

I wrote about this awhile ago here on FT and people thought I was crazy for thinking that!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.