Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2011 Air Canada Top Tier Program - Modifications to Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Air Canada Top Tier Program - Modifications to Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
they will call themselves freedom fighters
+1

It is the passion of the people that has caused this change. Like Robert DeNiro in "Meet the Fockers" - we are watching you!

In this case, thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:18 pm

i am cancelling all my CO, UA, US flights and rebooking AC now.......

this is a great move......

didnt yul36 just bought a porter triangle pass? i guess he's regretting now?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:19 pm

Thanks for listening Andrew. As with the preferred seating changes, AC has shown that they do listen and try to make things right (or at least not as bad as they had initially made them).

I am still going to have a close look at whether I stay with AC or make the jump to another program but these changes do make it a tougher decision.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Anybody want to take the lead in offering some apologies for the unwarranted and very personalized flak that was thrown at the AC reps who post here, very often on their own time ?

Yes, there may have been some constructive criticism that allowed AC to revisit certain aspects of the 2011 program, but there was a heck of alot of petty and dare I say mean-spirited shot-taking at the individuals who come here to inform us.

Us, the 150 of the 200,000 or so status members, out of 4/5M AE members. Us.

The hyperbole and calling-out at guys like Andrew Yiu (who doesn't deserve that after so many years here) was shameful.

"Tout ça pour ça".
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Thanks to Andrew, Ben and the management team for listening and reacting with a thoughtful response. While there are still some loses from last year it is nice to see that you are actually listening.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by NordsFan
Anybody want to take the lead in offering some apologies for the unwarranted and very personalized flak that was thrown at the AC reps who post here, very often on their own time ?

Yes, there may have been some constructive criticism that allowed AC to revisit certain aspects of the 2011 program, but there was a heck of alot of petty and dare I say mean-spirited shot-taking at the individuals who come here to inform us.

The hyperbole and calling-out at guys like Andrew Yiu (who doesn't deserve that after so many years here) was shameful.

"Tout ça pour ça".
Not sure if there are apologies to be forwarded. Save for the few (and definitely crossed the line examples), the thread was full of frustrated FFers and their views and their feelings.

Andrew was someone who showed a lot of pose throughout the 1800 posts and was always recognized as doing so and thank you'd.

With that sad, AC made a mistake, heard our issues and realized what to do to correct it.

Three lessons learned:

1) If you plan on making major changes, please consult their most loyal customer base.
2) Don't think AC FFers will simply roll over.
3) For US: Make sure we commit to consistent and logical counter argument if we don't like changes.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA/EC Silver
^ good stuff

I still think 35 is still a bit measly, but this is a positive development and I will re-evaluate my priorities accordingly.

Thanks Andrew, Ben!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:30 pm

+1.....

The 2011 program changes were a little disappointing to many of us.

However like NordsFan has mentioned I was more disappointed and disturbed by the agressive, manipulative, uncivilized, hostile, confrontational behaviour displayed by fellow FT members to both the AC staff and with one another.

Personally, on behalf of some my fellow FT members, want to apologize to AY, Ben and AC staff that some of us did not portrayed ourselves as mature and professional in a persuasive discussion.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Thanks Andrew, for sticking with us and not just throwing your hands up in frustration.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
^

And hopefully those who have spent the last few days abusing AC and accusing them of not listening feel a little guilty (though I doubt it). Unnecessary but decent changes. Can't wait for the rev model though...
There wouldn't have been any changes if it wasn't for the loyal customers letting AC know why the system didn't work for them! So hats off to all you. Max if you don't like the new mods please feel free to send those extra credited u would have paid over to some of the SE's here, I'm sure they would enjoy them.

Revenue model would be awesome for me!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Rockarolla
There wouldn't have been any changes if it wasn't for the loyal customers letting AC know why the system didn't work for them! So hats off to all you. Max if you don't like the new mods please feel free to send those extra credited u would have paid over to some of the SE's here, I'm sure they would enjoy them.

Letting AC know is one thing..... manipulating their response, challenging their position and disrespecting for other FTers was the main problem to the point we had 3 warnings and some suspended
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by NordsFan

"Tout ça pour ça".

AC made a big mistake, we let them know, they worried about the financial ramifications and adjusted their business strategy. Pretty standard stuff, I've seen customers a lot more vicious than this. This board is very restrained and polite so hats off! And when we do WE get a thank for eliciting changes that you know are likely to enjoy...maybe not eh, well enjoy them anyways!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Rockarolla
Be very careful what you wish for.

If/when it happens, we'll get the same sort of reaction from this forum when people realize just how high the revenue thresholds will be.

I appreciate AC responding to our feedback and for maintaining the ability to do at least 1 international return while also improving the flexibility to upgrade flight pass activity

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
First of all, thank you Andrew, Ben, and AC.

This change is a good one. The reduction of M class upgrade credit requirement will definitely encourage me to buy M fare instead of low Tango+ fares.

AC should also consider rewarding people who buy Latitude fares by giving them COS bonus or even bonus upgrade credits.

Well done, AC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.