Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

50,000 Aeroplan miles with Amex Platinum Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 Aeroplan miles with Amex Platinum Plus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 6:47 pm

did the application online and said welcome to AMEX.. 10 days for pkg to arrive
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlisi984
My email said until Dec. 31st! Gonna do it tomorrow...
Playing with fire there?

I applied for mine last week and got it today.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I just checked on the link for the Amex Aeroplan Plus Platinum and it now only shows 15,000 points on first purchase + some ohter benefits. The 50,000 seems to be gone now.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by echino
I think the fine print says promotion was valid for applications received before December 28, 2010.
Yes, it did.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:13 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Just got my 50,000 miles as well! My CIBC miles would always post on the day of closing of my last statement, but with AMEX it took almost 72 hrs.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by RoninTech
Nice gift from AE/Amex showed up today:

Made all the more special by where it put our balance:

Time to book the next miniRTW. ^^ Thanks again OP!!

P.S. For the record it took only 2 weeks between receiving and activating the card and having the 50K AE miles show up in our account.

P.P.S. BRAISKI, having other Amex cards had no impact for us. I'd be surprised if you qualified with multiple blackmarks on your credit history 4 years ago though based on the 7 year specified requirement. Also, there's delinquencies and then there's delinquencies. You never know though and since it doesn't cost anything other than a small hit to your credit rating for the credit check why not just give it a whirl?
Didn't get mine yet, but I thought ,as the OP mentionned, that the offer was as follows: "You will receive 25,000 bonus miles upon first use of an approved Card, plus earn an additional 25,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on your Card in the first three months of Card membership." And not 45000 miles plus 5000 miles?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Hey all! Here's the link that expires tmrw, for those interested: http://www.americanexpress.com/canad...V=novsoloPv1en
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Playing with fire there?

I applied for mine last week and got it today.
Didn't have time to convince my parents yet... First it was Christmas, then my dad wasn't home, then we had guests, etc...
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Hey all! Here's the link that expires tmrw, for those interested: http://www.americanexpress.com/canad...V=novsoloPv1en
Looks like the fineprint at the bottom does say Dec 28. I'm going to see what happens when I get the card in 10 days....they really should remove the page/link when the offer expires. The code should also return an "invalid" type of response. This isn't very well managed. If I'd seen this before I would have applied earlier but I just found it today.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:30 am
JWL

Programs: SPG Gold
My email said until Dec. 31st! Gonna do it tomorrow...
Mine too. Email says Dec 31, but the links in the email go to a page that says Dec 28. I actually applied yesterday so I'll definitely confirm the 50K deal by phone before I activate it.

Originally Posted by tryinginvain
Looks like the fineprint at the bottom does say Dec 28. I'm going to see what happens when I get the card in 10 days....they really should remove the page/link when the offer expires. The code should also return an "invalid" type of response. This isn't very well managed. If I'd seen this before I would have applied earlier but I just found it today.
Or the other explanation is that Dec 28 is in error and it is actually active until Dec 31 but it is otherwise well managed.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:27 am

Hi jlisi984,

If you look at the fine print in your link it also says Dec. 28th.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by JWL
Mine too. Email says Dec 31, but the links in the email go to a page that says Dec 28.
Hi JWL,

Is your email different than the OP's? I don't see a date in that one. Care to post yours?

Cheers,
RoninTech

P.S. jlisi984, I just noticed you said you received an email. If they are are emailing you about the card I don't think you have to worry about the application as the emails are usually targeted at people they want to have one.

Last edited by RoninTech; Dec 31, 2010 at 10:44 am
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:06 am

I've just got mine. Before activating it, I called the customer service (seems I should have called the new accounts service). I've been told I would get 20000 miles on the first use, and 5000 miles if I put 1000$ within 3 months, that's it that's all. Then I talked to a supervisor who also denied the 50000 miles offer. Fortunately the link was still alive on the web. She went there, saw the offer, told me it would be honoured, but could not confirm by email. She said she could neither send nor receive emails. She gave me her first name and extension number though. Let's see what happens. Meanwhile I cancelled my Amex gold, which had been renewed three months ago, and got a 90$ refund.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:52 pm
JWL

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RoninTech
Hi JWL,

Is your email different than the OP's? I don't see a date in that one. Care to post yours?

Cheers,
RoninTech
Here is the full text of the email. The first part that the Op posted looks the same. I've highlighted the Offer valid until part in red.

December 21, 2010

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Apply for the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and you can earn 50,000 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles1. In fact, 50,000 miles can get you a roundtrip flight reward for two to almost anywhere in North America‡! You will receive 25,000 bonus miles upon first use of an approved Card, plus earn an additional 25,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on your Card in the first three months of Card membership.

To receive this offer of 50,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles, you must apply for the Card using the Apply Now link within this email2, and enter the RSVP code 50100 when prompted.

Apply now
RSVP Code: 50100

Using your American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card for all of your everyday purchases can help you accumulate Aeroplan Miles even faster. With this Card, you can:

Earn 1.25 miles for every $1 in purchases3 up to $25,000
Earn 1.5 miles for every $1 over $25,000 annually4
Enjoy a 2-for-1 flight reward annually5 when you redeem 15,000 miles using the complimentary Partner TicketTM benefit5
Access Air Canada Priority Check-in6
Access Air Canada Maple LeafTM* Lounges and Arrivals Lounges7
Receive travel-related insurances, including Emergency Medical Insurance8† (out of province/country), and Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance9†
So, to get closer to realizing your perfect adventure, simply apply for the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Before you know it, you can be on your way!

Use the Apply Now link provided above or visit americanexpress.ca/ap50100 to receive the offer. Please enter RSVP Code 50100.
Terms and conditions apply.

Aeroplan

Stay active with Aeroplan.

You have been sent this e-mail because you have opted to receive Aeroplan & Partner Offers. If you no longer wish to receive Aeroplan & Partner Offers via e-mail, you can unsubscribe.
Do you want to change your e-mail address?
Do you wish to read the Aeroplan Privacy Policy?

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Mailing address: Aeroplan Centre, P.O. Box 7737, Station Terminal, Vancouver, BC Canada V6B 5W9

‡ As per Aeroplan's Current Reward Chart, 25,000 Aeroplan Miles are enough for a roundtrip long-haul ClassicFlight® Reward Seat in economy class within Canada, or to the continental US (plus applicable fees and taxes) for one person. Reward seat availability is capacity controlled and is subject to seasonality of demand. Visit aeroplan.com for details.

Account must be in good standing. 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be awarded upon first use of an approved Card. To qualify for the additional 25,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles, you must have at least $1,000 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Card membership. Purchases must be posted to your account on or before your three month anniversary date. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus miles were earned for the bonus miles to be awarded.

Offer valid for applications received by American Express by December 31, 2010 through the links provided within this e-mail and other select communications from Aeroplan and Aeroplan Partners in conjunction with the RSVP code provided.

Account must be in good standing. Aeroplan Miles will be earned on all purchases, less credits and returns. Interest, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan Miles.

Each year, if you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your account before your anniversary date, you will earn 1.5 Aeroplan Miles for every $1.00 of additional net purchases charged to your Card. Each anniversary date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero.

Basic Cardmember may redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles for a roundtrip short–haul ClassicFlight Reward Seat in economy class and receive a complimentary Partner Ticket for the same itinerary. Travel options vary according to departure city. Miles must be from Cardmember's Aeroplan Account. Limit one Partner Ticket per year. Subject to availability and capacity control. All bookings must be made through Aeroplan at 1–800–361–5373 and charged to an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Aeroplan booking fee waived, fees and taxes apply. Changes subject to availability, fees and restrictions. Aeroplan reinstatement fee on cancellations. Not transferable, cumulative or redeemable for cash. Subject to change or cancellation. Full terms and conditions apply.

Applicable at airports where Executive First®**/Executive Class®** Priority Check–in is available and handled by Air Canada agents only. Applies to any fare, including Aeroplan Flight Reward travel. Available on any scheduled Air Canada or Jazz®** operated flight during normal operations.

Quantities are limited. Cardmember must present their American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a confirmed, same–day departing ticket on an Air Canada, Jazz, Air Canada codeshare or Star AllianceTM** member airline flight to be permitted access to a Maple Leaf Lounge. Cardmember is permitted paid guests in the lounge, pending space availability. Access to Arrivals Lounge is available upon presentation of a valid American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a same–day confirmed boarding pass on an arriving Air Canada international flight, regardless of fare type purchased. Access is subject to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge terms and conditions and may not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.

Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada.

Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to your American Express AeroplanPlus Card. There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental and the type of vehicle covered.

† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read Certificates of Insurance carefully.
® Aeroplan, AeroplanPlus and ClassicFlight are registered trademarks of Aeroplan Canada Inc.
®*, ™ Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®** Executive First, Executive Class & Jazz are registered trademarks of Air Canada.
™* Maple Leaf is a trademark of Air Canada.
™** Star Alliance is a Registered Trademark of the Star Alliance members.

For additional security, we suggest you paste or type the above link into your browser. And, if you're wondering about the authenticity of any emails you receive from American Express or its affiliates, please visit americanexpress.ca/contactus for the Customer Service telephone number.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 1:23 pm

I applied and was approved (well, my mom was anyways). I don't really care if the points don't come - I'll call AMEX and tell them what was in the email, and they will have to honour it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.