Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:14 pm

The open jaw is between FCO and VCE (which sounds like a cruise itin). Zone shouldn't matter, but having it in the middle might
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
The open jaw is between FCO and VCE (which sounds like a cruise itin). Zone shouldn't matter, but having it in the middle might
ha, i can't read
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:18 am

is this do able. hopfully some senior members can chime in

YVR - ICN (business)

icn - beijing or (icn - shanghai) stop for 2 -3 days

beijing to shanghai or (shanghai - beijing) stop for 2-3 days

shainghai (or beijing) - yvr (business)

im new to rtw... so any help will be appreciated

Last edited by hotpopcorn; Jan 24, 2014 at 1:31 am
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: AC Peon / Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I bet the old wife is pissed off .......
Thx for the chuckle. Wife gave me the evil eye.

Thx again to the wonderful community that has helped us getting the flights we wanted.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by hotpopcorn
is this do able. hopfully some senior members can chime in

YVR - ICN (business)

icn - beijing or (icn - shanghai) stop for 2 -3 days

beijing to shanghai or (shanghai - beijing) stop for 2-3 days

shainghai (or beijing) - yvr (business)

im new to rtw... so any help will be appreciated
Should be fine. You'll have to call to book
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by AZbba
Should be fine. You'll have to call to book
thanks ..done

yvr - lax - icn (ac/Asiana) exec

icn - pvg (on CA / exec ) 2 nights

pvg - pek (CA /exec) 3 nights

pek - sfo (CA /exec)

sfo - yvr (exec)

470$ taxes
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by lowside67
YYZ-SYD MPM5-AT: 21,000 miles and MPM5-PA: 12,177miles
Can somebody tell me what the numbers are from YYC. I know these were not favorable but maybe changes occurred. Planning to do SYD/AKL with a stop in Europe next trip. I can transit in Asia if need be. Tried for this year before and was frustrated enough to change the trip. But now again trying to accomplish this from YYC. Any further suggestions. Read many comments in the past already but non fitted my needs. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:47 pm

Only published mpm over the Atlantic is for yyz

Either do a positioning flight to Toronto or live with only having the Pacific to work with

Outside of published routes through Asia, the only way to stay under mpm is to transit through the US (but in economy since New Zealand doesn't release business class)

That was my experience booking Auckland and Sydney from YVR
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
YYC-SYD MPM5 10,326 over the Pacific. No Atlantic MPM5.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 3:36 pm

Only published mpm over the Atlantic is for yyz

Either do a positioning flight to Toronto or live with only having the Pacific to work with

Outside of published routes through Asia, the only way to stay under mpm is to transit through the US (but in economy since New Zealand doesn't release business class)

That was my experience booking Auckland and Sydney from YVR
Thanks, what about Montreal is it similar to YYZ?

And LH site routes the trip via Europe to Australia. Would that count as a published routing?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Thanks, what about Montreal is it similar to YYZ?

And LH site routes the trip via Europe to Australia. Would that count as a published routing?
It depends on whether or not the fare "breaks" -- meaning it's booking you on two round trips (Y__ - FRA/MUC - Y__) and (FRA/MUC - SYD - FRA/MUC). In that case, no, it would not count. You can find this out using ITA Matrix.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:20 pm

So here I go again.
Later this year I found the following availabilities in J.

YYC-NRT AC stop
NRT-AKL NZ stop
AKL-SYD NZ stop Y
SYD-YVR-YYC

My estimate of total fees ~$1000-1100 per pax

First or all is it valid itinerary.
Then, there is no J for AKL to SYD as many before have indicated.
Thirdly, the flight from NRT-AKL shows 3 different Aircraft types operating that segment: 772, 763, 789. Checking 763 layouts indicates not fully flat chairs, others are. My potential flight date shows 772. What is the likelihood of Air NZ changing or substituting what's currently shown for the date I am flying or is there a better indication what is or will be used on the specific date. It is important to us.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:41 pm

You are way over mpm on the outbound to Sydney.However, it's probably a published route from Calgary to Auckland, so you can do it with an open jaw.

I have pretty much the same itinerary from Vancouver, but was not allowed to take Auckland to Sydney (system won't allow you, you can try it out)

I have open jaw between Auckland and Sydney, booked online. Will be booking either something on Avios or just buying cash fare to Sydney one way

When I took that flight last year my midweek flight got downgraded to 763...ymmv
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:22 pm

You are way over mpm on the outbound to Sydney.However, it's probably a published route from Calgary to Auckland, so you can do it with an open jaw.

I have pretty much the same itinerary from Vancouver, but was not allowed to take Auckland to Sydney (system won't allow you, you can try it out)

I have open jaw between Auckland and Sydney, booked online. Will be booking either something on Avios or just buying cash fare to Sydney one way

When I took that flight last year my midweek flight got downgraded to 763...ymmv
Takes i guess I need to go back and check it out and also see your booking. But originally it showed 772?

You flew the route last year and booking the same this year?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:55 pm

I went to Perth last year via Auckland, published route YVR to Tokyo to Auckland to Perth, found on Aeroplan site. Originally it showed 772 for the Tokyo leg and 763 for the Perth leg, but I ended up flying the opposite, with the overnight Tokyo to Auckland leg on 763 and the Auckland Perth leg on the 772

In laws flying Seattle to Tokyo to Auckland open jaw Sydney to YVR to Seattle, but starting in YVR has the same limitations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.