Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AerSpace Catering

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:27 am

Flew AerSpace yesterday back from LGW. A near 2 hour delay but crew were very good. The cabin crew manager was from Spain and he actively offered the 4 of us whatever drinks sandwiches and snacks we wanted. I went for the wrap which was nice enough. Dumped off at the 335 gates with a bus to T2 which was a pain .

Old Aug 9, 2023, 1:45 pm

Great flight in AerSpace DUB - FRA today. Yesterdays was cancelled so some passengers were rebooked to today . 158 passengers . Great crew and asked for a breakfast and got one no issues at all . When things go right its not a bad product.

Old Aug 9, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Was on EI 352 to MUC this morning. Didn’t ask for breakfast because two weeks ago on an LHR flight I was told in no uncertain terms it wasn’t included.

You can imagine how annoyed I was when the fella beside me asked for and got it free of charge………

Ive only one AerSpace left before the fares go crazy and I’m damn well demanding a free breakfast.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
Was on DUB-LHR in Aerspace yesterday and was told ‘no problem’ when I asked for breakfast, which it then turned out they didn’t have any loaded, despite it being the first flight of the day.

great flight, despite that. Aerspace on the 321LR is a spectacular deal when it’s priced well
Old Aug 10, 2023, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Teplane
Was on DUB-LHR in Aerspace yesterday and was told ‘no problem’ when I asked for breakfast, which it then turned out they didn’t have any loaded, despite it being the first flight of the day.

great flight, despite that. Aerspace on the 321LR is a spectacular deal when it’s priced well
Clearly they need to get all cabin crew in a room and explain it to them once and for all. The fella who told me it wasn’t included seemed to be quite senior cabin crew if you get me!

Agree re the A321 Neo

Unfortunately the era of cheap AerSpace fares look to be gone. €250 to €300 return to London/Europe was justifiable on my budget. €400-550 isn’t 😭. Not when advantage fares are less than half price in places.
Pete_23567 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:24 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by alserire
Clearly they need to get all cabin crew in a room and explain it to them once and for all. The fella who told me it wasn’t included seemed to be quite senior cabin crew if you get me!

Agree re the A321 Neo

Unfortunately the era of cheap AerSpace fares look to be gone. €250 to €300 return to London/Europe was justifiable on my budget. €400-550 isn’t 😭. Not when advantage fares are less than half price in places.
Agree - although I feel like the decision would be a no rather than a yes…

+1 for the a321…

As for the Aerspace fares - I’ve made peace with the fact it was a punt by EI to drive some revenue over the pandemic, even if it was only 4 seats, sort of like a “taste” before they upped the price hoping people would enjoy it enough to continue paying.

I’ve said it before but I doubt many companies travel policies would justify the difference over advantage now, nevermind the base fare.

Reality is that, to me at least, sandwich and a coffee and possibly no guaranteed overhead space is not really worth an extra 100-200 quid over advantage in row 2. The free middle seat is nice but not a game changer. Status affords the other benefits.

If you can cherry pick your flights for the cheapest price then it works out *almost* the same price to do your flights in Aerspace as advantage - The tier credit difference means (back of an envelope maths) 27 legs needed in Advantage over 21 in Aerspace - an extra €40 for an Aerspace leg makes it €50 cheaper overall to get to Concierge in Advantage.

However, if any of your 21 flights are more than €40 dearer than advantage (and I would guess they will be) you would save going with advantage. Obviously this assumes you will have the option to fly an extra 6 legs, but I suppose those hitting Conc would be flying that amount regularly anyways.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Pete_23567
Reality is that, to me at least, sandwich and a coffee and possibly no guaranteed overhead space is not really worth an extra 100-200 quid over advantage in row 2. The free middle seat is nice but not a game changer. Status affords the other benefits.
Agree completely. It's a nice product, but Aer Lingus flights to London (my most regular destination) just aren't long enough to put much value on the coffee, middle seat and storage space on a regular 320 for status holders who already get all the other benefits. Fora three hour flight I might feel a little different, but still don't see much premium value in it.
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Teplane
Agree completely. It's a nice product, but Aer Lingus flights to London (my most regular destination) just aren't long enough to put much value on the coffee, middle seat and storage space on a regular 320 for status holders who already get all the other benefits. Fora three hour flight I might feel a little different, but still don't see much premium value in it.
There's plenty of value in it when you have no status with Aer Lingus though!

Lounge, Fast-Track, food and a bag all adds up.

I can see why it would be a bit different for a Concierge frequent flyer.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 12:05 pm

Flew back this morning FRA-DUB crew were friendly and I just went for the chicken & stuffing sandwich. FRA T2 is a bit of a nightmare though. Security took ages just one line they were on a go slow . They really need to move security before the shops , restaurants and lounges . Its just crazy . 90 mins delay as initially the handlers did not turn up with the bags.If you see gate D45-50 is yours then go 90 mins before I kid you not !
Old Aug 18, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
DUB to MAD this morning - crew were very kind. We were offered tea/coffee/a hot drop several times through the flight. We had coffees before we pushed back and I was also offered a breakfast.

Very nice crew and this is the way Aerspace should be.
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Pete_23567
DUB to MAD this morning - crew were very kind. We were offered tea/coffee/a hot drop several times through the flight. We had coffees before we pushed back and I was also offered a breakfast.

Very nice crew and this is the way Aerspace should be.

Certainly at the current prices.

I didn’t mind too much when they were basically giving the thing away. But if you’re paying €250 or more for an intra European flight breakfast should be included!
Harper50505 and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 3:31 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
A tale of 2 halves last week.
DUB-BRU: offered drinks and snacks "for purchase", and only when the crew went to charge the passenger beside me for her wine did the other crew member remind that it is complimentary for Aer Space. Once she was served, crew moved on and I had to call her back to ask for a coffee.

AMS-DUB: offered drinks and snack, with a friendly reminder that these are complimentary in Aer Space. No sandwiches etc. available as these were sold out on the way over, but I was proactively offered more than once snack.

Overall, fully agree with comments above that there is little added value to Aer Space if you have status. For me, the low price made it a very attractive option to gain a couple of extra tier credits as my anniversary date approaches. But we know that the low price point may not be around for much longer....
alserire likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by mb48
A tale of 2 halves last week.
DUB-BRU: offered drinks and snacks "for purchase", and only when the crew went to charge the passenger beside me for her wine did the other crew member remind that it is complimentary for Aer Space. Once she was served, crew moved on and I had to call her back to ask for a coffee.

AMS-DUB: offered drinks and snack, with a friendly reminder that these are complimentary in Aer Space. No sandwiches etc. available as these were sold out on the way over, but I was proactively offered more than once snack.

Overall, fully agree with comments above that there is little added value to Aer Space if you have status. For me, the low price made it a very attractive option to gain a couple of extra tier credits as my anniversary date approaches. But we know that the low price point may not be around for much longer....

Be interesting to see if anyone is sitting in those seats come October 1st, when the prices go strratospheric
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:15 pm

No issues with catering in Aerspace today. Proactively offered sandwiches , sausage rolls and drinks . Very pleasant crew both from NI.
Two young male newbies down the back and were equally friendly .
Old Oct 26, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Is there still comp F&B for AerSpace? I don't see it in the marketing blurb for the fare type and you'd imagine its something they'd have front and centre if they were offering it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.