Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AerSpace Catering

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:10 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by simonnewby
I have the chance to change my ticket to AS from Man to Dub for around £70. Is there a lounge at Man? Do you think it's worth it for such a short hop?
Thanks.
Of course it's your choice, but I'd say it's DEFINITELY not worth it. It's a very short hop.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:15 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Question for folks here. I was booking VCE-DUB for October and was planning to go full cheapo, until I saw it was an A321Neo with the lie flats. There was no "AerSpace" fare offered so I just bought the cheapest one and then after booking I paid for seats, which was annoyingly 5EUR more than offered during booking, but was worth it to charge to JPM Ritz Card and use my airline credit on it.

Since they weren't offering the AerSpace fare, can I assume there won't be any included catering like mentioned here? Wasn't expecting as much, but I'm a little giddy to end up in lie flats for a 3hr European flight when I had resigned myself to economy, so I am a little curious what exactly the offering is on this route.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:43 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
DUB VCE is not a aerspace route

Therefore if you can select and pay for the J seat great, but there will not be a free catering offering
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 3:25 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ROKNA
DUB VCE is not a aerspace route

Therefore if you can select and pay for the J seat great, but there will not be a free catering offering
Thanks for confirming. Might pay for food anyway just for the novelty as there might not be a good time to eat between departing hotel and the flight.

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit since this isn’t the actual AerSpace fare!
Old Feb 27, 2024, 4:04 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Its a good data point either way
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:39 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Flew to LIN this morning.

As a data point. All four AerSpace seats were on sale yesterday at midday for €476.

They were empty today. No TA J transfers it seems. But a full flight with six empty seats at the front.

Hard to know exactly what EI get out of this.
sven60035, DELLAS, MP001 and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Flew to LIN this morning.

As a data point. All four AerSpace seats were on sale yesterday at midday for €476.

They were empty today. No TA J transfers it seems. But a full flight with six empty seats at the front.

Hard to know exactly what EI get out of this.
They need to start doing upgrades 24 hours before for around €50 - €70 to status members.
That way no empty seats.
alserire and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Gold, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by DELLAS
They need to start doing upgrades 24 hours before for around €50 - €70 to status members.
That way no empty seats.
Great idea… or even just lower the price from 48 hours out.

Maybe this type of thing will come along side a possible OW integration?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:39 pm

The yield management folks have seriously screwed up on this

I was the only passenger in AerSpace on a A321LR recently to CDG, same trip last year same dates cabin was 75% full

Difference is prices have effectively doubled 2023 vs 2024
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
The yield management folks have seriously screwed up on this

I was the only passenger in AerSpace on a A321LR recently to CDG, same trip last year same dates cabin was 75% full

Difference is prices have effectively doubled 2023 vs 2024
Doubled and more. And that’s the issue. And they’re clearly not filling them with transferring J passengers. Bid for Upgrade idea is great. I’d definitely do that. Email status members on a flight and ask them if they want to. It’s a no brainer. I’d happily pay €50-€75 on top of a saver fare for the front row and some food!
DELLAS, Harper50505 and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:03 pm

Doubled and more. And that’s the issue. And they’re clearly not filling them with transferring J passengers. Bid for Upgrade idea is great. I’d definitely do that. Email status members on a flight and ask them if they want to. It’s a no brainer. I’d happily pay €50-€75 on top of a saver fare for the front row and some food!
Plus the TP's . Works well for other airlines. All revenue generators. With the lack of hot food past row 3 on the majority of flights they are throwing revenue away .
alserire and Harper50505 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:20 pm

First level is offer a deal at +10 hours from departure (allows the end of check in on the US/CA side so J transfer load is locked in)
alserire and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:32 pm

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Gold, NH Platinum
Plus the reality is most companies travel policies will not allow the colossal difference between the saver and AerSpace fares so I’d wager they’re missing out on that too
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:34 pm

I’d love to be able to use my concierge vouchers for upgrade. I’d definitely get the use of them then.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 1:40 pm

I’d love to be able to use my concierge vouchers for upgrade. I’d definitely get the use of them then.
Tried and revenue refused point blank
alserire likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.