Search

AerSpace Catering

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold
AerSpace Catering

Hi all,
can anyone explain what the AerSpace shorthaul catering is?
Previously it was what you want from the sandwich, drinks, snack selection?
yesterday no sandwiches on board, and tried to be charged €29 for two drinks and some crisps (actually that was the cost of two Prosecco and two wines!) Something about an €8 allowance for a drink and a snack (as it always has been I was told)… seems pretty rubbish to me!
I am planning on complaining but thought I should double check on here!?
All feedback appreciated!
John
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:45 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
"Free snack and beverage from the in-flight menu"

I've certainly had more than that and been encourage to take more. That said I don't drink onboard
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:53 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Gold, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by johnathomese16
Hi all,
can anyone explain what the AerSpace shorthaul catering is?
Previously it was what you want from the sandwich, drinks, snack selection?
yesterday no sandwiches on board, and tried to be charged €29 for two drinks and some crisps (actually that was the cost of two Prosecco and two wines!) Something about an €8 allowance for a drink and a snack (as it always has been I was told)… seems pretty rubbish to me!
John
My understanding is it’s one food item and one drink per Aerspace seat. Last week I had a “full” Irish and a Hendricks and tonic and that was covered - or rather the FA just said “that’s ok, comes with your seat”, however I was expecting to be warned that I was pushing it a bit, which I wasn’t,..

Previously I have been able to get a coffee, sandwich and water no problem, but on another flight I have also had to remind them politely that my coffee and kitkat is included in the fare…

I think it really depends on the crew remember whether they understand that you’re supposed to get a drink and meal item - perhaps there is a € limit that’s not advertised but I haven’t heard of this. Equally the crew definitely have discretion because I’ve been given a second round of drinks before when I was chatting to them during the flight.

However not sure reading your post - were you expecting to get two Proseccos and crisps included with one seat just because there was no sandwich?
irishguy28 likes this.

Last edited by Pete_23567; Feb 16, 2023 at 1:36 am
Old Feb 16, 2023, 2:20 pm

All depends on the crew member . They have been "encouraged" to hold back on the Irish breakfasts though apparently but I have not yet been refused one.

Some of the ex BHD crew who have relocated to DUB are still questioning sandwich + drink though from reports I have heard .
Pete_23567 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold
Thanks everyone! That’s helpful - have eight flights coming up in the next few weeks and wanted to manage expectations of what to expect on board! The second drink was because my partner is a very nervous flyer!
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
I had a recent Aer Space flight, though operated by BA, LHR-BHD.

They were a bit confused as to what food was loaded but after checking confirmed my second choice of the cheese toastie aka croque, and a red wine.

My previous Aer Space flight in 2021, operated by EI mainline, LHR-BHD had no food loaded and the bar was sealed. Tea / coffee and a choice of three chocolate bars were offered. Brexit was cited as the cause, as the aircraft had originated in DUB and the bar was sealed citing customs (one of the W rotations to swap the BHD aircraft out for maintenance). After a day at work arriving with no time for a meal at the airport, I wasn’t amused.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:50 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
I flew BER-DUB yesterday in Aer Space and had no issues getting a breakfast at all. They even offered me a second cup of tea in case I'd finished the first cup in the 20 minutes or so it took to heat the breakfast up. I was also asked several times whether I needed anything else and ended up getting 2 bottles of water as well without any problems. It was a great flight and a very friendly crew.

I do think the crew have a lot of leeway though, as an older lady was moved up to row 1 after boarding was completed and was then supplied with a sandwich, a breakfast, a bottle of water and two cups of coffee. I know for a fact she wasn't booked in Aer Space and I suspect she was the mother of one of the cabin crew, as she spent the whole flight sitting next to her chatting when she wasn't getting her more freebies.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
I flew BER-DUB yesterday in Aer Space and had no issues getting a breakfast at all. They even offered me a second cup of tea in case I'd finished the first cup in the 20 minutes or so it took to heat the breakfast up. I was also asked several times whether I needed anything else and ended up getting 2 bottles of water as well without any problems. It was a great flight and a very friendly crew.

I do think the crew have a lot of leeway though, as an older lady was moved up to row 1 after boarding was completed and was then supplied with a sandwich, a breakfast, a bottle of water and two cups of coffee. I know for a fact she wasn't booked in Aer Space and I suspect she was the mother of one of the cabin crew, as she spent the whole flight sitting next to her chatting when she wasn't getting her more freebies.

Interesting. I was in AerSpace one day and got an ear on a conversation between senior cabin crew and what I could only presume was a newly qualified attendant. Senior crew told her that under no circumstances could they move anyone to the front row after boarding a flight with AerSpace seats as customers who had paid for it would be fairly unimpressed. And rightly so!

Last time I got the breakfast, tea and a bottle of water no questions asked. Think there's good generosity there for AerSpace customers.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Interesting. I was in AerSpace one day and got an ear on a conversation between senior cabin crew and what I could only presume was a newly qualified attendant. Senior crew told her that under no circumstances could they move anyone to the front row after boarding a flight with AerSpace seats as customers who had paid for it would be fairly unimpressed. And rightly so!

Last time I got the breakfast, tea and a bottle of water no questions asked. Think there's good generosity there for AerSpace customers.
I can totally understand that policy. It really didn't bother me on this occasion but I can see why it should not be allowed. I would have kicked up a stink if the old lady had got the last breakfast.

One other thing I forgot to mention was that the crew did try to "dissuade" me from taking the breakfast ever so slightly. The CC who took my order relayed it to her colleague and then came back with "It's going to take around 15 minutes to get the breakfast ready. Are you sure you wouldn't like a sandwich or another cold snack instead?". I just said "No problem, I'll wait". It's not like BER-DUB is that short anyway and they were quick enough to get the service going after takeoff.
alserire likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Gold, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
I can totally understand that policy. It really didn't bother me on this occasion but I can see why it should not be allowed. I would have kicked up a stink if the old lady had got the last breakfast.

One other thing I forgot to mention was that the crew did try to "dissuade" me from taking the breakfast ever so slightly. The CC who took my order relayed it to her colleague and then came back with "It's going to take around 15 minutes to get the breakfast ready. Are you sure you wouldn't like a sandwich or another cold snack instead?". I just said "No problem, I'll wait". It's not like BER-DUB is that short anyway and they were quick enough to get the service going after takeoff.
I got the same response the last time I asked for it and I just assumed they were letting me know I’d be waiting 20mins for the oven to come up to temp and heat it, but you could have a point…
gpb_croppers63 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by Pete_23567
I got the same response the last time I asked for it and I just assumed they were letting me know I’d be waiting 20mins for the oven to come up to temp and heat it, but you could have a point…
Again that’s interesting. Went to MUC a few weeks back. Got the breakfast almost immediately after asking. Maybe some crews aren’t as well organised as others.

LGW in a couple of weeks. If the breakfast takes 20 minutes I won’t have time to eat it 😂
gpb_croppers63 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Again that’s interesting. Went to MUC a few weeks back. Got the breakfast almost immediately after asking. Maybe some crews aren’t as well organised as others.

LGW in a couple of weeks. If the breakfast takes 20 minutes I won’t have time to eat it 😂
Heading to CDG myself in a couple of weeks - it’s the a321 so it’s quite possible that once they get to row 2 they’ll be out of breakfast but as you say - if it takes them the same 20mins to get them ready i probably won’t have a huge amount of time to eat it 😂😂😂
gpb_croppers63 and alserire like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:56 am

Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Pete_23567
The way she said it, it was definitely an attempt to subtly dissuade. I stuck to my guns!
alserire and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EuroBonus Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
Originally Posted by johnathomese16
I flew AerSpace twice in 2022.

One flight I had Prosecco, the Chicken and Stuffing sandwich and a pack of Cheese & Onion Tayto. Second one I had a Prosecco and a Ham & Cheese Croque. I'm fine with one item of food and one drink, though it is a change from "anything on the menu" that it was before. I wonder if there were a lot of chancers ordering too much!

Either way, I'm in AerSpace again a couple of times this year, so I'll be doing the same again... looking forward to a breakfast, as it's been a long time now since I've had one on Aer Lingus!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.