AerSpace Catering

Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:36 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Posts: 188
Originally Posted by Von B
Had to pay for breakfast on Monday (DUB-ZRH). It was the crack of dawn and I wanted a breakfast but I was STRONGLY encouraged to order something else even after I agreed to pay!?

Of course, if the lounge had something hot on offer I mightn't have bothered...
Monday morning in the lounge there weren’t even pastries left even though the lounge was dead. I stood for a minute to see if someone would be around to ask for one of those takeaway boxes but decided not to bother.

I just don’t understand how much the attitude varies by crew… LIS to DUB last night I was offered whatever I wanted - when I just asked for a coffee and Pringles I was asked if I was sure… I know they were only going to dump it but even a breakfast was on offer 😂
Pete_23567 is offline  
Old Apr 13, 2023, 2:28 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,966
Evening flights are a free for all as the stock is going to get dumped on arrival
ROKNA is offline  
Old Apr 13, 2023, 2:52 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 63
What is the service on Emerald Air's ATR's? Complimentary tea/coffee and a biscuit?
oscarmac is offline  
Old Apr 13, 2023, 3:16 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Posts: 925
Originally Posted by oscarmac
What is the service on Emerald Air's ATR's? Complimentary tea/coffee and a biscuit?
Don't think AerSpace is offered on those planes.
oscarmac likes this.
alserire is offline  
Old Apr 13, 2023, 3:27 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,966
AerSpace is on selected mainline routes only
oscarmac likes this.
ROKNA is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2023, 3:15 pm
  #36  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: From ORK, live LCY
Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Posts: 14,205
Several recent crews on LHRs have been very reluctant to do breakfasts or sausage rolls, my sense was they take long enough to cook that by the time it gets served the plane is already starting to descend.
stifle is offline  
Old Apr 17, 2023, 10:41 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Posts: 2,065
Originally Posted by stifle
Several recent crews on LHRs have been very reluctant to do breakfasts or sausage rolls, my sense was they take long enough to cook that by the time it gets served the plane is already starting to descend.
I still don't understand why they don't heat some of them before the flight departs.

It should not be rocket science for them to work out how many of each hot item gets purchased on average on each route and then to put that number in the oven before take-off so they can deliver immediately. I get the reluctance, but also it's a bit of a problem of their own making.
alserire likes this.
FlightDetective is offline  
Old Apr 18, 2023, 8:43 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Athens, Roscoff, Helsinki, Kerry or Tromso
Posts: 439
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I still don't understand why they don't heat some of them before the flight departs.

It should not be rocket science for them to work out how many of each hot item gets purchased on average on each route and then to put that number in the oven before take-off so they can deliver immediately. I get the reluctance, but also it's a bit of a problem of their own making.
This is where Aer Lingus now emulate Ryanair - nothing can be heated that might not be sold in case it's wasted and a profit not generated. I keep thinking there is now so little between them why bother with EI if FR is more convenient.
FlightDetective likes this.
Harper50505 is offline  
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:18 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Posts: 408
Reading this thread gives me a headache. I’ve 8 Aerspace returns booked between DUB and FRA from June to Sept and I’m not looking forward to the conversations with the crew.
trustno1 is offline  
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:55 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Posts: 2,065
Originally Posted by trustno1
Reading this thread gives me a headache. I’ve 8 Aerspace returns booked between DUB and FRA from June to Sept and I’m not looking forward to the conversations with the crew.
You'll likely be okay, but maybe keep a screenshot on your phone of what you're entitled to, in case someone doesn't know the rules.
trustno1 likes this.
FlightDetective is offline  
Old Apr 19, 2023, 3:51 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Posts: 925
Originally Posted by trustno1
Reading this thread gives me a headache. I’ve 8 Aerspace returns booked between DUB and FRA from June to Sept and I’m not looking forward to the conversations with the crew.
FRA is a two hour flight basically. No excuse for not warming up a breakfast. I got one in February going to MUC no problem.
alserire is offline  
Old Jun 5, 2023, 2:11 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Posts: 408

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
You'll likely be okay, but maybe keep a screenshot on your phone of what you're entitled to, in case someone doesn't know the rules.
I flew my first of many Aer Space legs today. I had to pay for the breakfast.
trustno1 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 2023, 4:29 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Posts: 925
Did you argue? That’s a poor enough show on behalf of EI.
Pete_23567 likes this.
alserire is offline  
Old Jun 5, 2023, 7:29 am
  #44  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Posts: 408
No, I didn’t. But when advising me that the breakfast had to be paid for, the cabin crew member (who was very nice to speak to) said that cabin crew had received written instructions to charge for breakfasts. I note that the website now says….

*The complimentary refreshment is one drink (hot/cold/alcoholic) and one item of food (snack or sandwich/wrap), subject to availability on board.

This being the case, the sandwich meal deal (Tea and a Sandwich) at EUR 8 is probably still available. But it begs the question, why annoy people for the sake of an extra €2. The old Oscar Wilde saying comes to mind…..Nowadays people (Aer Lingus in this case) know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
trustno1 is offline  
Old Jun 5, 2023, 8:08 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Posts: 925
Originally Posted by trustno1
No, I didn’t. But when advising me that the breakfast had to be paid for, the cabin crew member (who was very nice to speak to) said that cabin crew had received written instructions to charge for breakfasts. I note that the website now says….

*The complimentary refreshment is one drink (hot/cold/alcoholic) and one item of food (snack or sandwich/wrap), subject to availability on board.

This being the case, the sandwich meal deal (Tea and a Sandwich) at EUR 8 is probably still available. But it begs the question, why annoy people for the sake of an extra €2. The old Oscar Wilde saying comes to mind…..Nowadays people (Aer Lingus in this case) know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Very cheap. And considering the fares remain stratospheric after October 1st for AerSpace you really would wonder what is the future of the product. €472 one way to Milan and you don’t even get a free breakfast?

If they persist the row will be empty on the vast majority of flights.
Harper50505 and Pete_23567 like this.
alserire is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.