Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AerSpace Catering

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
I just noticed the website now states:

“The complimentary refreshment is one drink (hot/cold/alcoholic) and one item of food (snack or sandwich/wrap), subject to availability on board”

not sure if that specific detail was always there, but if they wanted to they could say “nah your extra water isn’t included, pay up” 😂
Old Mar 8, 2023, 2:41 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Its more specific, it was 'Free snack and beverage from the in-flight menu'

I doubt you will have any issues getting more if its an evening flight into Dublin as the crew are happy to offload the stock of anything perishable as its going to the bin otherwise
Old Mar 8, 2023, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Pete_23567
I just noticed the website now states:

“The complimentary refreshment is one drink (hot/cold/alcoholic) and one item of food (snack or sandwich/wrap), subject to availability on board”

not sure if that specific detail was always there, but if they wanted to they could say “nah your extra water isn’t included, pay up” 😂
About time they clarified it but does not mention Irish breakfast
Pete_23567 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Just off the a321neo to CDG - had to argue with the crew for a breakfast and a G&T - she said “well you’ll have to pay for the gin, only a coffee or tea is included” then she changed her mind and decided a Gin and Tonic is two drinks so I’d have to pay for the gin regardless…” 🙄

I pushed her on it and she gave in after asking the cabin manager as if she was doing a favour. If anything she could have pushed that only a sandwich or snack is included and not the brekkie but she was more worried that I’d have to buy the gin or the tonic (which would you volunteer to pay for &#128514.

I had 27 minutes left (1 hr 25min total) of flight time once the breakfast arrived (so to the previous point they’d want to be much faster on the way to LHR) - had to eat it relatively quickly as she was hovering nearby with the rubbish bag.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: EI Concierge, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Platinum
No cooked breakfast available on a321 dub-lhr aerspace this Monday. Was told they’re reconsidering it for that route as it is very short to be distributing breakfasts and they’re also not selling well.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:21 am

Well the flight attendant only offered the row in front of me sandwiches or wraps which they wanted to swap once they heard me order the brekkie - so I would say they’re not exactly upselling it either!

they started service relatively late though - probably 40 minutes after pushback and then it took about 15 mins after that for the brekkie to come back
Old Mar 23, 2023, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Teplane
No cooked breakfast available on a321 dub-lhr aerspace this Monday. Was told they’re reconsidering it for that route as it is very short to be distributing breakfasts and they’re also not selling well.
I actually think the slow service is sometimes deliberate because other airlines spring into action and just get on with it . Considering Aer Lingus used to offer everyone a breakfast DUB - LHR in the old days they are sometimes lightweights !
Harper50505 and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Take the orders while on the ground, whack the ovens on at cabin secure

As soon as you hit 10,000 you serve
alserire and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I've noticed EI crew tend to take forever to get moving at times. They get up, they faff about doing not much and chatting, then they eventually deign to get out the trolley and start the service. Not saying they're all like that but virtually every short flight I take where I want food I notice they take a long time to get to me - and I sit in row three, so it's also one of the first served.

BA on the other hand realise it's a 50 minute flight time and they're up, trolleys are out and people are getting served very quickly after take-off.

It's quite fine to do the breakfasts, but what they need to do is ask for orders on the ground or put them in the oven on the ground so they're ready to deliver immediately when someone asks for one.

I do also have a sneaky suspicion that the crew sometimes save "leftovers" for themselves. On one flight (departing in the final hour before cutoff of the breakfast) they had "none left" but managed to find one down the back. The way it all went down was as though someone had secreted it away. Or perhaps I just got the wrong impression.

Either way, there has to be a bigger reason why the crews are actively discouraging people from the breakfast.
Harper50505 and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:22 pm

Clearly all the crew who used to manage to serve breakfast to a full A321 on DUB-LHR in the olden days have retired and the snowflakes working now have no idea how to do it!
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:41 pm

Well the original A321 had a bigger galley...
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Harper50505
Clearly all the crew who used to manage to serve breakfast to a full A321 on DUB-LHR in the olden days have retired and the snowflakes working now have no idea how to do it!
Send them down to ATH to the A3 cabin crew training center ! They know how to do it
Old Mar 27, 2023, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Well the original A321 had a bigger galley...
Than the A21N set up for long haul?

I'd be surprised if that were the case.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 4:04 pm

The original A321 had two toilets up front so had a deeper galley on the opposite side and a mini galley at R2 prior to refit
Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:19 pm

Had to pay for breakfast on Monday (DUB-ZRH). It was the crack of dawn and I wanted a breakfast but I was STRONGLY encouraged to order something else even after I agreed to pay!?

Of course, if the lounge had something hot on offer I mightn't have bothered...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.