Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT failure at T2 Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
A bit of additional info. We happened to arrive on aer lingus from sfo on 9/10 around 1 pm. Everything seemed normal until we crossed over to the parking garage for our rental car and saw the huge mob outside. The curb was packed with people. The interesting bit is that it wasnt just aer lingus. Several stores were cash only because their internet was down so no electronic transactions. The story going around was that it was railroad work of some sort that cut it.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:16 am

Sunday 18th September 2022

We are aware that some customers are having issues managing their bookings and checking in online, our teams are working to resolve this.

Check in at airports remains available for all customers and there is no impact to our flight schedule. If you are preparing for travel tomorrow, please try again later. If you require assistance managing your booking, our customer service teams across our call centre, live chatand Twitter are available to help.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/fl...n-information/
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS

Sunday 18th September 2022

We are aware that some customers are having issues managing their bookings and checking in online, our teams are working to resolve this.

Check in at airports remains available for all customers and there is no impact to our flight schedule. If you are preparing for travel tomorrow, please try again later. If you require assistance managing your booking, our customer service teams across our call centre, live chatand Twitter are available to help.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/fl...n-information/
Oh dear. This is going to start hurting them going forward if they can't get a handle on it.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
All seems well now
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:14 am

Its still down and functions not working for quite a few . Very slow and when clicking on "My trips" data loading then an error . So they still have a way to go before we can call it normal . Its really annoying they need to get it resolved.
alserire likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I knew the OP was tempting fate when they chose to open the thread with the word "rare"
DELLAS and Pete_23567 like this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 4:30 am

Hopefully I can check in for my flight as its still showing errors . I might have to hitch with
Uachtarn na hireann
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Astral looks like it has gone bang
They found some new punchcards, so Astral is good to go again!

strowger and JAXBA like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:02 pm

Another App update today .
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
No problems with check in tonight, seat 2C magically assigned
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:05 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by irishguy28
They found some new punchcards, so Astral is good to go again!
Interesting, now I know what ASTRAL stands for
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:19 am
Original Poster

More details
https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/...yl_aer_lingus/

EI has to run on IBM zSeries as thats the 21st century incarnation of the IBM 360, you can't run this on AWS/Azure/Google etc, so few if any options out there.
Pete_23567 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.