Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Miles - what else to do?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
All my UA flights have appeared, including those sold on EI codeshare, those sold by EI as UA codes and those sold by UA themselves
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Here's a fun one: missed my flight booked in business (P fare code), went to the ticket desk and was charged 150EUR for missed flight fee and rebooked in K despite plenty of J seat availability on the next flight. The seat assignment was in coach --- got through preclearance, saw a supervisor who restored my seat assignment to a business seat, but only the K tier points posted

Hopefully this gets fixed with submitting the form, but concierge desk wasn't helpful and said to just use the form and keep fingers crossed...
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: Aerclub, United
Originally Posted by ROKNA
All my UA flights have appeared, including those sold on EI codeshare, those sold by EI as UA codes and those sold by UA themselves
That is interesting news - i have a Jan 17 UA business fare Dub-EWR return that i assumed was long lost - maybe it will turn up after all. My other half received avios a while back for 1 BA round trip from mid 2017, but another from the same period is still missing. Mind you, she is also missing a complete EI DUB-LHR return from June this year and a US return from July too - despite missing flights form and numerous email conversations.

And it seems that tier credits /avios (for me anyway) seem to take about 5-6 days to get added - i received last Monday's outbound leg on Sunday, but still waiting for the Friday night return leg to appear. And the Avios always appear a day after the tier credits.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by mx5ire
That is interesting news - i have a Jan 17 UA business fare Dub-EWR return that i assumed was long lost - maybe it will turn up after all. .
Well that will teach me - i just noticed that those United ones from Jan 17 have just appeared on my account today ! Good things come to those that wait etc etc
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
My one UA flight I was waiting for posted but it seems like a lot less Avios than I should have gotten.

Just going to take what I got and move on. Don't have any receipts for a flight from over a year ago!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by alserire
My one UA flight I was waiting for posted but it seems like a lot less Avios than I should have gotten.

Just going to take what I got and move on. Don't have any receipts for a flight from over a year ago!
I agree with this - my points were about a third of a typical Aer Lingus business return - both in and out of Newark. I am guessing that some of this is down to the lack of AerClub status bonus with the United flight, but given that it cost significantly more than the amount that my company normally pay for an AerLingus return flight, i am kind of surprised.
alserire likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Check the table on this EI page for UA booking classes.. my flights that have credited so far have been in line with this, within a mile or two anyway.

Basically only First and Business earn 100% of the mileage, while economy earns 50% or 75%, depending on booking class.

It's based on distance flown, not amount spent.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Check the table on this EI page for UA booking classes.. my flights that have credited so far have been in line with this, within a mile or two anyway.

Basically only First and Business earn 100% of the mileage, while economy earns 50% or 75%, depending on booking class.

It's based on distance flown, not amount spent.
Ah yes. Missed that in the small print. Makes more sense now alright.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.