Missing Miles - what else to do?

Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Missing Miles - what else to do?

I have been trying to have a trip posted to my account since November 2017 for an October trip. Not a crazy trip, BOS-DUB-BRS-DUB-BOS. I was Silver at the time, downgraded to Green. I've entered the info on the form [twice] interacted with the AerClub people, had conversations with them via Twitter and Facebook IM. They claim to have the missing flights posted. And still nothing six months later.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Angry

Originally Posted by HarborGirl
I have been trying to have a trip posted to my account since November 2017 for an October trip. Not a crazy trip, BOS-DUB-BRS-DUB-BOS. I was Silver at the time, downgraded to Green. I've entered the info on the form [twice] interacted with the AerClub people, had conversations with them via Twitter and Facebook IM. They claim to have the missing flights posted. And still nothing six months later.
No idea but by God do they make it hard to collect what's yours. EVERY single flight back to DUB I have to claim, even from London. It's getting to be a joke. And yet the benefits of Platinum, or even Silver, are worth it.

How can it be this difficult?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:06 pm

They are very poor most times at adding flights and unfortunately the feedback from them often meaningless (but not always). The only advice I would offer is to keep trying the missing flight form - as its a connecting trip try adding each leg individually and also overall with both the ticket number and PNR options, see if some magic happens (painful process I know). I did have success recently phoning the Aerclub line when a missing flight form failed and got my flight added very quickly after that but sounds like you have explored this option. Good luck I guess, sounds like you need it.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Question very simple

What was your 'anniversary' date

Assuming everything posted what would be your total points on the day before 'anniversary' date

Did the avios post?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:43 am

Wend DUB-LHR then LGW-DUB a month ago. Outbound posted the next day. No sign of inbound. Filled out missing flights form. No sign. Facebook messaged them on Sunday, Came back today. Told that outbound flights can take up to TWO months to post?????

As noted elsewhere, they do make it difficult to be loyal!
Old May 4, 2018, 9:42 am

Now it appears you need a ticket number to fill in the flight form. Flight reference number option seems to be gone.

Where do you get your ticket number? It's not on my receipt?

Seriously fed up of this.
Old May 4, 2018, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by alserire
Now it appears you need a ticket number to fill in the flight form. Flight reference number option seems to be gone.

Where do you get your ticket number? It's not on my receipt?

Seriously fed up of this.
It's on your BP (boarding pass) - if you still have it?
Old May 4, 2018, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
It's on your BP (boarding pass) - if you still have it?
Mobile Boarding Pass. They don't save in the app. Sigh.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:24 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by alserire
Mobile Boarding Pass. They don't save in the app. Sigh.
The ticket number is also on the e-mail confirmation.

Agree that chasing Avios and Tier credits is a mind numbing experience at the moment. Makes me despair of EI ever rejoning One World.
Old May 5, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
If you press the I button on the pass in Apple wallet the pass flips over and the ticket number is there.
Not sure about android versions.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:16 am

As a side note slightly on topic. I just today received Avios for a flight from June 17th 2017 and which I put a claim form in probably about a month later. So somewhere in the background things are happening just at a glacial pace it seems. The TPs associated with it would have been useless to me so not so bothered by that but I can easily imagine it mattering in the future if the same happens again.

Good to have them post all the same.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
As a side note slightly on topic. I just today received Avios for a flight from June 17th 2017 and which I put a claim form in probably about a month later. So somewhere in the background things are happening just at a glacial pace it seems. The TPs associated with it would have been useless to me so not so bothered by that but I can easily imagine it mattering in the future if the same happens again.

Good to have them post all the same.
Given how fast the glaciers are melting, it maybe the next ice age before EI catches up.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Apologies for the naive question. Thus far in 2018 only my Avios/Tier points on flights departing Dublin have posted. As yet non of my return leg journeys have been credited. Is this normail? I submitted a missing flights form 6 weeks ago but nothing as yet.
Should I try submitting another claim form or just wait a few months and see what happens?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by MM00LL2
Apologies for the naive question. Thus far in 2018 only my Avios/Tier points on flights departing Dublin have posted. As yet non of my return leg journeys have been credited. Is this normail? I submitted a missing flights form 6 weeks ago but nothing as yet.
Should I try submitting another claim form or just wait a few months and see what happens?
Yes sadly this is normal on some routes. Unfortunately there is not a definitive answer on what to do next. Different approaches have worked and not worked for various people. I would maybe give it another couple of weeks (8 week or 2 month time frame) and then try resubmit the missing flight forms if nothing has posted. You could try ringing them but anecdotally that seems to have been a dead end also (I had it work once when the missing flight form failed).

Apologies I can't give you any better options than that.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by MM00LL2
I just had Avios from a flight I took in May '17 post to my account...interesting but depressing data point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.